You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Players advocating for a particular manager to take over. What could possibly go wrong?

Exactly. Shows the division in the club. I gather some of them are not happy other players at the club have disassociated themselves from greenwood and instead, they should all adopt a 'one for all' attitude!

As regards Ragnick, he just looks like a rabbit caught in car headlights every time I see him.

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Exactly. Shows the division in the club. I gather some of them are not happy other players at the club have disassociated themselves from greenwood and instead, they should all adopt a 'one for all' attitude!

As regards Ragnick, he just looks like a rabbit caught in car headlights every time I see him.

It's all very sad and I feel ever so sorry for them...

IMG_2668.JPG

ETA. Wonder how Ronaldo feels about his return these days. Not exactly the golden return he expected.

• Upvote 1

Pochettino would have been great for them while he was at spurs and on his way up but his last season there seemed like he’d given up and he currently seems unarsed at PSG as they dont so much need managing but babysitting. Reports are that he wants out of there. I’m prob wrong but these last few years may have taken his drive somewhat so could go either way for them. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's all very sad and I feel ever so sorry for them...

IMG_2668.JPG

ETA. Wonder how Ronaldo feels about his return these days. Not exactly the golden return he expected.

I think it's all as funny as shit. As I keep saying, they are where we were from about 1993 to early 2010's. They're never going to go away and be destitute because of all their sponsorship income etc but I hope they remain trophyless for years and years to come!

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Pochettino would have been great for them while he was at spurs and on his way up but his last season there seemed like he’d given up and he currently seems unarsed at PSG as they dont so much need managing but babysitting. Reports are that he wants out of there. I’m prob wrong but these last few years may have taken his drive somewhat so could go either way for them. 

Depends how much of a challenge he wants.  Going to the Mancs he'd still be a babysitter. 

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

I think it's all as funny as shit. As I keep saying, they are where we were from about 1993 to early 2010's. They're never going to go away and be destitute because of all their sponsorship income etc but I hope they remain trophyless for years and years to come!

I keep telling my Manc mates the similarities between us in the 90's and them now are uncanny & they need to get used to it, especially with City & Newcastle around.

My mates either laugh in my face (1 league title in 30 years) or tell me to fuck off, they'll be back sooner than we were. Well here we are approaching 10 years since they last won the league aren't we? It's a long hard road back for them, whether they'll admit it or not. 

Fuck them. Hope they rot for 40 years. 

• Upvote 2

Will be at least 10 years since they last won the title (though they're hardly going to break their duck any time soon), which leaves them where we were in around 2000. Except for the summer Hodgson took over, I was able to convince myself annually that we weren't too far from ending the famine. Hope they enjoy the coming false dawns, pre-season confidence and final-piece-of-the-jigsaw arrivals. Long may it last. 

• Upvote 5

I don't agree with the opinion that they're only a decent manager appointment or the splashing of cash away from regaining their former glory. The problems at that club go way deeper than that, I think. The culture that Ferguson instilled in the club is one of "expect to win, every time". With the arrogant mindset that he created, when it doesn't happen its a lot harder to take. 

The weight of expectation is a bitch. Example: LFC, 1991-2018.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

I don't agree with the opinion that they're only a decent manager appointment or the splashing of cash away from regaining their former glory. The problems at that club go way deeper than that, I think. The culture that Ferguson instilled in the club is one of "expect to win, every time". With the arrogant mindset that he created, when it doesn't happen its a lot harder to take. 

The weight of expectation is a bitch. Example: LFC, 1991-2018.

What helps is that they flat refuse to accept they aren't very good. Every decision they make screams of a club attempting to pretend they're still the best around, rather than making decisions that might actually improve them. 

The Ronaldo signing the best recent example of it.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

What helps is that they flat refuse to accept they aren't very good. Every decision they make screams of a club attempting to pretend they're still the best around, rather than making decisions that might actually improve them. 

Exactly. They're us, circa 2000.

It looks like Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Jones, Pogba, Matic, VD Beek, Mata, Martial, Greenwood (might be still paying his wages though), Lingard, Cavani and (if latest rumours are to believed) Ronaldo are all out the door this summer. 

They will have 

De Gea

Dalot Varane Maguire Telles

McTominay Fred

Sancho Fernandes Elanga 

Rashford 

Heaton, Lindelof, Shaw and kids on the bench.

That 11 would be in contention for top4 at best but the squad is threadbare. They will be spending fortunes on reinforcements again. In 2000 we were  couple of years into Houlliers reign and were turning a corner. They are starting from scratch again.

It's superb 

I dont think they will go as long as we did for our next title but even if they get their shit together nation states own two clubs in the league so it doesn't matter how smart you work, how good you are you can still finish second best. The way they go on about the 30 years though like they never went 26 years hardly winning a thing, we won everything in between including 2 European cups, even when we were shite we filled our trophy room.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Pete said:

Depends how much of a challenge he wants.  Going to the Mancs he'd still be a babysitter. 

I keep telling my Manc mates the similarities between us in the 90's and them now are uncanny & they need to get used to it, especially with City & Newcastle around.

My mates either laugh in my face (1 league title in 30 years) or tell me to fuck off, they'll be back sooner than we were. Well here we are approaching 10 years since they last won the league aren't we? It's a long hard road back for them, whether they'll admit it or not. 

Fuck them. Hope they rot for 40 years. 

We came back from mediocrity largely due to Klopp.  He is a force of nature and there is no one on the horizon that is remotely capable of repeating the trick at Old Trafford. I am far more concerned about what happens to us when Klopp leaves than the Mancs finding a saviour.

On 10/02/2022 at 20:35, Jairzinho said:

David De Gea has said today that the only explanation is that they are cursed.

I'm sure I've said this before on here, but the whole squad is made up of players that either aren't as good as they think they are, or aren't as good as they used to be.

There are major problems from top to bottom of the club. They are basically just a bigger version of Everton now.

• Upvote 1

What we have seen from United over the past 8-9 seasons is a reversion to their long-term "normal" persona, which was in place from the mid 1950's through to the early 1990's.  The Ferguson years were the real aberration, not what came before or after.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Seems like the natives of the self proclaimed Greatest club in the world are turning on the self proclaimed greatest player of all time. 

You hate to see it you really do. 

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cristiano-ronaldo-2021-22-performances.465040/page-203

Looks like the penny has dropped I suppose it had to eventually I just hope Ralf has the balls to ignore the criticism and plow on with the preening twat 

• Upvote 5