You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Mutterings that this was a few months back and their club knew about it and they, and both recent managers, have let him represent their club. 

I said the same in another thread, it was around the time England dropped him from the squad and said they wouldn't be picking him until next year. May just be coincidence but it certainly points to that conclusion.

• Upvote 1

Seeing how he was left out of multiple England squads, it's clear plenty of people in the game knew about this.

Fairplay to her. She's aired his dirty laundry in public and now it can't be swept under the carpet.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I said the same in another thread, it was around the time England dropped him from the squad and said they wouldn't be picking him until next year. May just be coincidence but it certainly points to that conclusion.

If that comes out as true, that is Yorkshire County Cricket Club, levels of immoralness and ineptitude. 

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

The horrible cunt needs locking up and that audio is basically a build up to a rape. 

His career is over at the very least. 

Your first sentence I completely agree with, 100%.

Your 2nd sentence I don't, I reckon the horrible cunt will get some fine and a suspended sentence / community service bullshit.

24 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Your first sentence I completely agree with, 100%.

Your 2nd sentence I don't, I reckon the horrible cunt will get some fine and a suspended sentence / community service bullshit.

Even though they're shit I wouldn't equate playing for the Toffees to community service.

Really disturbing shit, and the bad bastard deserves anything and everything he gets.

The big distinction in it happening now as opposed to any time in the past, even as recently as 5 years ago, is that thankfully women are empowered to open up and call out this monstrous behaviour and have the vast majority of support, without being made to feel shamed. There will always be closed-minded bigots who will seek to turn the questioning and blaming on the victims, but their ignorant views must be dismissed with the disdain they deserve.

This has no doubt gone on for years and years with many other footballers' wives and girlfriends, but without the support anyone in that situation can count on in today's world. 

The advent of social media where this has been brought to light, the strength and support from the awareness of the #MeToo movement have played a huge and vital role in this coming out. Previously, without any public and media awareness and support, these victims of domestic abuse would either have suffered their terror and subsequent deterioration of their mental health in crippling silence, or at best be paid off to disappear and never speak up, for fear of even worse in revenge.

The events in relation to being dropped from the England squad and the club for a time would indicate that a lot of people have known about this for a long time and have been keeping it covered up. Anyone keeping this silence or attempting to cover it up are complicit in the whole thing. Dropping a player from a squad, saying nothing and then attempting to distance themselves from any knowledge or responsibility just isn't good enough. 

• Upvote 4

Nasty piece of work. Given that audio and video he's going to do well to not go away for a long time. I would say his career is over but as we all know he'll be given another chance....

Will be interesting to see how the mancs handle this from here, they must surely have known and kept playing him?

12 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Giggs; Ravel Morrison; Greenwood. The list probably goes on. That club appears to have an endemic problem with domestic & sexual abuse.

Remember also, they re-signed Cristiano Ronaldo knowing full well what he had admitted doing to Kathryn Mayorga.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Giggs; Ravel Morrison; Greenwood. The list probably goes on. That club appears to have an endemic problem with domestic & sexual abuse.

Can’t agree with this . The list “probably” goes on. Three players ( none convicted) accused of domestic violence. Not exactly endemic. A bit Everton for me this Clive 

• Upvote 1