You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

On 04/05/2022 at 21:24, El Rojo said:

I’m looking at the squad of players he has, not their salaries. They should be challenging for top four. I’m not really sure that Manchester United vastly overpaying bad footballers excuses other teams from fulfilling their potential. 

Fofana has been a big miss for them.

Watched about 2 minutes of something on the BBC iplayer before about them needing to build a new ground or renovate Old Trafford.

First few people on it kept saying "Manchester United are the biggest club in England and the world. This is the most famous stadium in the world".

No you aren't and it fucking isn't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Manchester United have cancelled their Player of the Year ceremony as the first-team squad was too 'embarrassed' for it to go ahead. 

United have endured a horrific campaign and they are guaranteed to record their lowest ever Premier League points tally, regardless of the result in their final game against Crystal Palace on Sunday. 

The Red Devils could even suffer the ignominy of dropping to seventh and into the Europa Conference League if they lose at Selhurst Park and seventh-placed West Ham defeat Brighton. 

In the wake of this calamitous campaign, the club's annual awards ceremony has been cancelled. According to the Mirror, this has been done at the request of the first-team squad who indicated they would feel too awkward for the glitzy event to go ahead. 

Although the trophy will not be presented in person, the club have still been encouraging supporters to vote for their star performer this term. It is likely that Cristiano Ronaldo, who has netted 18 Premier League goals this season, will win the award.

6 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Watched about 2 minutes of something on the BBC iplayer before about them needing to build a new ground or renovate Old Trafford.

First few people on it kept saying "Manchester United are the biggest club in England and the world. This is the most famous stadium in the world".

No you aren't and it fucking isn't.

The new stadium thing is just an attempted dick swing by their owners as a result of their fans crying about literally everything they do (or don't) purely because of how far behind they've fallen on the pitch.  So a small part of the roof had a bit of a leak and was patched up?   *screams in Manc*   eeee they're neglecting the club, Old Trafford is going to ruin get'um out. 

They're pathetic.

17 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Manchester United have cancelled their Player of the Year ceremony as the first-team squad was too 'embarrassed' for it to go ahead. 

United have endured a horrific campaign and they are guaranteed to record their lowest ever Premier League points tally, regardless of the result in their final game against Crystal Palace on Sunday. 

The Red Devils could even suffer the ignominy of dropping to seventh and into the Europa Conference League if they lose at Selhurst Park and seventh-placed West Ham defeat Brighton. 

In the wake of this calamitous campaign, the club's annual awards ceremony has been cancelled. According to the Mirror, this has been done at the request of the first-team squad who indicated they would feel too awkward for the glitzy event to go ahead. 

Although the trophy will not be presented in person, the club have still been encouraging supporters to vote for their star performer this term. It is likely that Cristiano Ronaldo, who has netted 18 Premier League goals this season, will win the award.

Would be perfect to have them in the 3rd tier European comp. Hope they win it. Will they put the trophy in their museum cabinet? Or would that be too embarassing?

I bet ten Hag would like to be out of Europen games all together and have more time to rebuild. It's not going to happen is it? It's either Europa League or the European Papa John's trophy.

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

Would be perfect to have them in the 3rd tier European comp. Hope they win it. Will they put the trophy in their museum cabinet? Or would that be too embarassing?

I bet ten Hag would like to be out of Europen games all together and have more time to rebuild. It's not going to happen is it? It's either Europa League or the European Papa John's trophy.

Yeah I think if I was ten Hag I’d like a season with no Europe to get things started. It makes such a difference in the later stages of the season. I think they’ll lose to Palace and finish 7th.

Sad to see Ralf go. He burned briefly but brightly.

Quite a few highlights like easing Phil Jones out of retirement by playing him for 45 minutes at anfield and their traditional corner turned were they beat Brentford 3-0 before losing 4-0 to Brighton. 

They finished with a goal difference of 0 which takes some doing 

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Surprisingly been told to fuck off after a season of unprecedented mediocrity.

Hiring him as manager, stupid idea, hiring him as DoF, solid idea.

They fucked up both.

Chapeau.

I think he did what they wanted. Proved how much a of a mess they are in and opened up a few eyes.   Reckon they’re on the slow road back to challenging now. If they give the new bloke a chance of course. 

16 hours ago, Pete said:

I think he did what they wanted. Proved how much a of a mess they are in and opened up a few eyes.   Reckon they’re on the slow road back to challenging now. If they give the new bloke a chance of course. 

But they lumbered the new bloke with the old bloke, till the new bloke had to cry-in about it being the clubs fault he's around in his opening day press conference, to which the club did nothing and it forced the old bloke to resign. They're a fucking mess and there is nothing to suggest even if ten Hag knows what he's doing he will be able to deliver. In fact quite the opposite, the fella had been in his job about 2 hours and they were showing they're as dysfunctional as ever.