You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

One minor thing about United that annoys me is how overrated they are on Football Manager 2022. Their players are so overrated its funny.

Fernandes current abilitiy 86 - potential -87. Fuck off. Just fuck off. 

Pogba - 84, 88. Likewise fuck off. Bear in mind our Henderson is 80, 80.  

Rashford - 80, 87. Is he showing any signs of that promise?

Cavani - 78, 87. 

McTomminay  - 72, 76 - okay fair enough. More reasonable. 

Fred - 70, 75 - likewise - no complaints. 

Wan-Bissaka - 74, 79 - a bit high if you ask me - especially regarding current ability. 

Harry Maguire - 79, 79 - in what universe?

Given the high ratings they give to Ronaldo, Sancho, Varane, Pogba and Fernandes they are easily one of the best teams in the league (in the game). 

Utter bollocks, and I say that as someone who has a lot of respect for the Football Manager team. 

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Rashford - 80, 87. Is he showing any signs of that promise?

I'm not that keen on him as a player but they made him delay an op for ages, and made him play through the pain, and then, once he did get the op, they brought him back too early. I don't know why the pundits ignore that when they ponder why he's looking so poor now, but in mid-week he looked to me like someone who's physically shattered. He's not had the kind of injuries (and negligent treatment) that ruined Owen early on, but I do think they've run him into the ground. 

8 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Who is left from when Klopp took over? Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Origi? 

From a set of losers, rejuvenating the squad, England, European and World Champions in 5 years, is incredible.

As I said earlier, at least the squad Klopp inherited where an honest bunch and tried.  That’s half the battle. The mancs haven’t even shown that.

The club raised £360m in selling the rest of the players that were on the books when Klopp took over. There is no way in hell that United get anywhere near that for his players especially given the inflated wages they are on. 

Some of those sales were works of genius by Edwards but it does go to show that there was assets on the playing staff when he took over. I'd say if you told Ten Hag he could get rid of the lot now for little to no return, he would bite your hand off 

In Klopp's 1st summer he bought Mané from a midtable Southampton, Gini from a relegated Newcastle, paid 4.5m for Karius and 2.5m for Klavan. He gradually improved the team with (mostly) good characters and players that fitted the system. Will Ten Hag be allowed chip away at the deficit between United and the rest? Their fans won't allow it. They won't have the patience we had IMO

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

In Klopp's 1st summer he bought Mané from a midtable Southampton, Gini from a relegated Newcastle, paid 4.5m for Karius and 2.5m for Klavan. He gradually improved the team with (mostly) good characters and players that fitted the system. Will Ten Hag be allowed chip away at the deficit between United and the rest? Their fans won't allow it. They won't have the patience we had IMO

It's not just about patience imo. They've got to want to stop buying players for their social media followers. The key is klopp bought players with the purpose of improving his squad. They're happy to buy players that are marketing man's dream and hope they can also improve the squad. 

9 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Sancho looked great before he arrived

Henderson had a great season on loan.

Varane seemed decent before he had to stand next to Easter Island noggin.

Fernandes was brilliant last year before Rapey Ron turned up

Interesting use of the words "great", "decent" and "brilliant".

You must define these in a totally different way to me.

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fernandes - PL Team of the Season 2021

Sancho - Bundesliga Team of the Season 2019 and 2020

Henderson - SU Player of the Season 2019 and 2020

Not sure how Varane rates as decent tbh - was a very good player a few years back.

Well, that's settled that then.

7 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Has Pogba ever fulfilled his potential at club level?

Juventus was probably as good as it got for him but it still never felt like he got anywhere near what he was capable of on a consistent basis.

Biggest myth in football, he's seriously over rated. 

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He’s very talented at football but he’s not a good footballer.

He’s a luxury player and needs to be accommodated. France won the World Cup with Kante and Matuidi doing the donkey work for him, and he excelled.