You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

On 07/01/2022 at 20:14, Chocoholic said:

Only for the fact that he's desperate to get out of there, it would be magnificent if he were to take them up on their outrageously generous offer. The only thing is, who would want him and afford him at the wages he demands?

We can but hope.

Surely that cant be true?

They want shut dont they?

17 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Surely that cant be true?

They want shut dont they?

The thing with them though, is their owners are more focused on money than even ours are. They do brilliantly well with sponsors considering how their team has been performing and you have to assume they have all kinds of shit linked to the number of social media followers players have. What else can make sense? 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The thing with them though, is their owners are more focused on money than even ours are. They do brilliantly well with sponsors considering how their team has been performing and you have to assume they have all kinds of shit linked to the number of social media followers players have. What else can make sense? 

Sutely a lot will depend on the manager?

Paying him that insane amount means he is going to have to figure heavily..and if the manager doesnt fancy him?

Then.of course big signings are going to ask for parity.

Its crackers. 

11 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Sutely a lot will depend on the manager?

Paying him that insane amount means he is going to have to figure heavily..and if the manager doesnt fancy him?

Then.of course big signings are going to ask for parity.

Its crackers. 

Does it work like that there? And he's out of contract this summer isn't he, so you assume they need to get the deal done soon. (Edit... I just don't think they behave like a football club. Money is king, football is just a mechanism to make.money)

I don't know how they do it when we're skint and turning over almost as much, but there seems little or no limit to what they seem to pay in wages and fees. 

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Does it work like that there? And he's out of contract this summer isn't he, so you assume they need to get the deal done soon. (Edit... I just don't think they behave like a football club. Money is king, football is just a mechanism to make.money)

I don't know how they do it when we're skint and turning over almost as much, but there seems little or no limit to what they seem to pay in wages and fees. 

United have been 'cheating' since day one of the Premier League. Their major gripe now is that City have become better than them at it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought uniteds revenues still dwarfed ours. I remember listening to a podcast that we were on a trajectory to overtake but the covid pandemic happened and our team has degraded a bit too, so the talk of it being a Liverpool era of sustained success fell in the bin.

51 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I thought uniteds revenues still dwarfed ours. I remember listening to a podcast that we were on a trajectory to overtake but the covid pandemic happened and our team has degraded a bit too, so the talk of it being a Liverpool era of sustained success fell in the bin.

I think just 10m difference on the last set of accounts - which was our title winning season but financially didn't include out title win, as we closed the books may 31st. I think they were the same, but obviously they would have less prize money and sponsor success bonuses. 

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ronaldo's 37 years old, when will they stop worshipping him? 

The team wasn't incredible in the first place, but they just derailed it even more by getting him.

I don't think that's the point he's making.

I do agree with yours, though.

The reality is they’ve looked better and more balanced with Ronaldo out of the team, and the leaks he’s accusing other players of were coming from Ronaldo before he was benched. Nobody in that team has clean hands. Raggers has his work cut out.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

The reality is they’ve looked better and more balanced with Ronaldo out of the team, and the leaks he’s accusing other players of were coming from Ronaldo before he was benched. Nobody in that team has clean hands. Raggers has his work cut out.

What a quandary they find themselves in. Persist in playing an ageing Ronaldo to placate the fans or drop him to the bench and look more like a reasonable albeit rather functional team.

3 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

He made two changes in the 88th minute, even though they'd given up the equalizer in the 81st minute.

I can't decide if he was much-too-belatedly trying to go for the winner, or kill the clock to preserve the point.

Hahaha, yes I was thinking the same when he made the subs. It was almost like he just got them to draw straws who was going on. 

Seen something yesterday, might have been on here, about Rangnick telling the club hierarchy that McGuire, Shaw and Wan Bissaka aren’t good enough to play for a top team. And sure enough he dropped all three of them. 

Imagine the financial hit they’re gonna take by shifting and replacing those three. It’s great. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Seen something yesterday, might have been on here, about Rangnick telling the club hierarchy that McGuire, Shaw and Wan Bissaka aren’t good enough to play for a top team. And sure enough he dropped all three of them. 

Imagine the financial hit they’re gonna take by shifting and replacing those three. It’s great. 

MacGuire isn't fit for a top team? I am fucking gobsmacked! £80M for a player not fit for a top team! Oh dear!

Stupid fucking cunts. Long may it continue