You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

14 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Very interesting his interview after the Wolves defeat. Honest and good assessment of the game, like you get from Klopp. He spoke more sense in that one interview than his predecessor did in three years. 

Happy to say there’s absolutely no sign of improvement on the team so far though. Hopefully it stays that way, and they will be looking for a new manager again in the summer.

I didn't see their game yesterday (in fact I saw the final score about when I was expecting it to kick off!). They're looking for a new manager anyway this summer aren't they? His agreement is to take them till the end of the season and then act as a consultant. Everything I have heard from the manc section of the press is the idea he would get the team in order ready for a manager he would select. What becomes interesting with that, is if they carry on this way, it's going to be a tough argument to stick with anything and expect a manager that has failed to appoint his successor. 

The other thing I find interesting, is he is persisting with his cock and balls formation. He's supposed to speak to klopp and I've heard klopp say how the 433 we use is designed to utilise the full width of the pitch as it was clear to him how well organised teams are in this league, so you need to use as much of the pitch as possible. Yet they seem to be persisting with this odd 4222 making the game narrow. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, m0e said:

Most people didn't/don't rate Conte.

Some of the posts on here when he was appointed at Spurs were literally some of the dumbest football comments I've ever read.

I'm really glad they didn't get him, madness by their board not to though.

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I'm really glad they didn't get him, madness by their board not to though.

United’s board are all about self preservation and keeping themselves in their cushy jobs. Conte is happy to go to war with his board if he doesn’t think they’re backing him, the Mancs already had that with Mourinho and don’t want a repeat.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

United’s board are all about self preservation and keeping themselves in their cushy jobs. Conte is happy to go to war with his board if he doesn’t think they’re backing him, the Mancs already had that with Mourinho and don’t want a repeat.

Like him or not, seen a clip of Mark Goldbridge talking after the game last night and he says much to that effect, the board have got another puppet who's continuing to select the same players as OGS. It was a good rant to be fair.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If United had any sense they'd let those eleven players leave.

Good job they have no sense whatsoever then.  Hope they keep playing a 37 year old ego up front until he’s 47

21 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I didn't see their game yesterday (in fact I saw the final score about when I was expecting it to kick off!). They're looking for a new manager anyway this summer aren't they? His agreement is to take them till the end of the season and then act as a consultant. Everything I have heard from the manc section of the press is the idea he would get the team in order ready for a manager he would select. What becomes interesting with that, is if they carry on this way, it's going to be a tough argument to stick with anything and expect a manager that has failed to appoint his successor. 

The other thing I find interesting, is he is persisting with his cock and balls formation. He's supposed to speak to klopp and I've heard klopp say how the 433 we use is designed to utilise the full width of the pitch as it was clear to him how well organised teams are in this league, so you need to use as much of the pitch as possible. Yet they seem to be persisting with this odd 4222 making the game narrow. 

They are so missing a trick here by not labelling the formation the 4-2-2-1-Ron.

The state of punditry today is appalling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Isn’t he there to get Haaland to sign for them ? That’s the only thing that makes sense in that deal …

1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

Isn’t he there to get Haaland to sign for them ? That’s the only thing that makes sense in that deal …

Haaland would be an absolute muppet to go there right now.   

• Upvote 1

That 11 players wanting to leave will change very quickly when they realise they'll have to take a massive pay to cut to move somewhere else.

The Mancs have fucked themselves by the wages being handing out to the average players in their squad.