You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) - Sat 27th Nov 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

From Sky:

Liverpool were at their free-scoring best again on Saturday; they've netted 39 times in just 13 Premier League games this season, their highest goal total at this stage of a top-flight campaign.

They've also now scored two or more goals in 17 consecutive games in all competitions - becoming only the second ever English top-flight club to achieve this feat after Sunderland in 1927 (17).

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Watching game of the day on sky, we looked really sloppy first half even though went in at half time 3-0. Odd.

That how it looked live?

A bit. A few of our players were far too casual on the ball, especially in midfield. Fortunately, it was a press that Southampton couldn't sustain for long periods so we got away with it 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Watching game of the day on sky, we looked really sloppy first half even though went in at half time 3-0. Odd.

That how it looked live?

It's not like you to find something negative to say on a day like this. Odd.

Hard to argue with another 4-0 and averaging 3 a game.

Crowd was fucking dead today though with loads getting off early....this side deserves better support and for people to at least stay to the end to applaud them off after another convincing win.

Good job the team is not as complacent as the supporters...OK it is not going to be bouncing and feral v Southampton, that is fair enough - but for long periods today it was literally silent and the getting off on 85 mins....is it really necessary?

Nice touch with the applause and burst of YNWA on 12 mins for the young girl who got stabbed in town the other day.

Anyway rant over - on to the shite on a Wednesday night....ah there is a song about that....

Just thinking about it, with Mo very firmly planted on the right hand third of the width of the pitch, Jota might well catch up to his talley if he keeps this up, if Mo get’s too wasteful in the box. I’m hoping Mo is up for the spirit of the goal scoring competition and ups the anti. It can only propel us further toward the title...and yes...I’m very aware that w/o Mo’s assists, Jota wouldn’t have as many goals.

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

Hard to argue with another 4-0 and averaging 3 a game.

Crowd was fucking dead today though with loads getting off early....this side deserves better support and for people to at least stay to the end to applaud them off after another convincing win.

Good job the team is not as complacent as the supporters...OK it is not going to be bouncing and feral v Southampton, that is fair enough - but for long periods today it was literally silent and the getting off on 85 mins....is it really necessary?

Nice touch with the applause and burst of YNWA on 12 mins for the young girl who got stabbed in town the other day.

Anyway rant over - on to the shite on a Wednesday night....ah there is a song about that....

I thought the crowd was alright today. I was in the kop so maybe it was a skewed perspective but I could hear the Anny Rd singing a fair bit too. It’s bad to leave early but it was fucking freezing, and the transport links aren’t great. Soccer bus/ train combo takes forever.

But I agree, I think we need some sort of public campaign about staying to the end. It improved after Klopp spoke out about it but it’s gone back to empty seats everywhere. It’s more important when we need a goal.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I thought the crowd was alright today. I was in the kop so maybe it was a skewed perspective but I could hear the Anny Rd singing a fair bit too. It’s bad to leave early but it was fucking freezing, and the transport links aren’t great. Soccer bus/ train combo takes forever.

But I agree, I think we need some sort of public campaign about staying to the end. It improved after Klopp spoke out about it but it’s gone back to empty seats everywhere. It’s more important when we need a goal.

Agreed. Not just staying to the end, but making more noise, too. From the Lower Kenny it sounded like sections of the Kop and the Anny Road were doing their bit, but the rest of the ground was quiet.

Maybe today lacked any of the sense of jeopardy that can sometimes inspire you to get behind the team more loudly, because Southampton were very poor (look at the defending for Jota's second and for van Dijk's) so the contest was effectively over after two minutes.

A thought struck me today that might be true or might be bollocks: the singing around most of the ground tends to fizzle out after the first few minutes, when the Kop (or sections of the Kop) sing the more complicated songs, like Poor Scouser Tommy or Every Other Saturday. These are usually sung in different pockets of the ground, at different tempos and a line or two out of synch. It's impossible for the rest of the ground to sing along. I think it would improve the atmosphere if those songs were saved until a bit later on and we focused on the "whole ground" songs - like Allez Allez Allez, Fields of Anfield Road, Poetry in Motion and some of the player's songs - for the first 15 minutes or so, to build a proper atmosphere. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, deiseach said:

@Chris should go every week, a plan in which I can see no flaws.

Mate, I haven’t seen us lose in about… Jesus, I can’t even remember when. I think it might have been Chelsea 2014. 

Couple of caveats there: I can only get to about 6 games a season and we’ve lost fuck all games at home in years (with fans). 

• Upvote 1