Jump to content
Bjornebye

Migrants

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, stringvest said:

overseas aid doesn't really help that much.  Most of it finds its way into the pockets of corrupt officials, normally as part of a quid pro quo.

Yeah sad really; the old quip of foreign aid as "poor people in rich countries giving money to rich people in poor countries" has an element of truth, however the aid that does get though to the intended targets is invaluable and widespread,

 

"‘A perilous future’: UK aid budget cuts will ‘cause’ 23,500 maternal deaths | The Independent" https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-aid-budget-cuts-maternal-deaths-b1861066.html?amp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The US likes destabilising these countries but never seems to offer to take any of the people leaving the countries they interfere with.  Its just left mainly to Britain and France to sort out and argue over it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Britain and France have done their fair share of destabilising. 

 

It's actually left to Italy, Greece (or other countries in the Middle East/Northern Africa/Central Asia) etc to deal with the problems created by rich Northern European countries, the US, and Russia. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Britain and France have done their fair share of destabilising. 

 

It's actually left to Italy, Greece (or other countries in the Middle East/Northern Africa/Central Asia) etc to deal with the problems created by rich Northern European countries, the US, and Russia. 

yep, this country takes precious few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stringvest said:

overseas aid doesn't really help that much.  Most of it finds its way into the pockets of corrupt officials, normally as part of a quid pro quo.

Some of the richest people I know work in overseas aid. A lot of it goes to consultants 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Britain and France have done their fair share of destabilising. 

 

It's actually left to Italy, Greece (or other countries in the Middle East/Northern Africa/Central Asia) etc to deal with the problems created by rich Northern European countries, the US, and Russia. 

Cameron and Sarkozy (I think?) who blew the shit out of Libya and basically lifted the lid on migration from Africa, which prompted most of the scenes we've seen in the Med ever since. 

 

Amazing how much Cameron gets away with, since he also sowed the seeds of Brexit and was the architect of austerity too. Johnson cashed in, but it's hard to think of anyone who's done more to destroy the fabric of the UK and its place in the world. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Cameron and Sarkozy (I think?) who blew the shit out of Libya and basically lifted the lid on migration from Africa, which prompted most of the scenes we've seen in the Med ever since. 

 

Amazing how much Cameron gets away with, since he also sowed the seeds of Brexit and was the architect of austerity too. Johnson cashed in, but it's hard to think of anyone who's done more to destroy the fabric of the UK and its place in the world. 

Yes, it was Libya I was thinking of more than anywhere else. To be fair, I think Italy was involved in that one. Hardly surprising with the poundland mussolini in charge. I think Canada were there as well.

 

Just an absolutely fucking atrocious decision with depressingly predictable outcomes. I'm sure it was all worthwhile for the few dozen turbo cunts that got rich off the back of it.

 

Cameron was the acceptable face of cunt politics. Danny Dyer, eloquently, had him to a tee. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Cameron and Sarkozy (I think?) who blew the shit out of Libya and basically lifted the lid on migration from Africa, which prompted most of the scenes we've seen in the Med ever since. 

 

Amazing how much Cameron gets away with, since he also sowed the seeds of Brexit and was the architect of austerity too. Johnson cashed in, but it's hard to think of anyone who's done more to destroy the fabric of the UK and its place in the world. 


The sub saharan routes are all linked to the Middle East, it’s effectively a caravan of misery with the end goal of Europe and prosperity, which looks like servitude to the untrained eye, but is salvation of sorts.

 

The major world players pay tens of millions, possibly billions collectively, out every year to ‘influence opinion’ on this.

 

The majority of their money goes to warlords whose version of ‘influencing opinion’ is mowing them down with  automatic weapons and leaving them to the desert to bury. 
 

Fucking bleak once you start scratching the surface on this horror show.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cameron > Johnson...

Sarkozy > Macron...

 

Different times different personal but for the poor fuckers bearing the brunt, the song remains the same,

 

"France's Macron evades questions on halting Saudi arms sales"

 

https://amp.france24.com/en/20181024-french-macron-questions-saudi-arms-deals-merkel-german-khashoggi-murder

 

"Macron says French arms sales to Egypt will not be conditional on human rights" https://amp.france24.com/en/france/20201207-live-macron-and-egypt-s-sisi-hold-joint-press-conference-in-paris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m his latest letter to Marcon, discussing the tragedy, Johnson suggests the possibility of using private security forces to patrol the channel. What could possibly go wrong…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’m his latest letter to Marcon, discussing the tragedy, Johnson suggests the possibility of using private security forces to patrol the channel. What could possibly go wrong…

The tories have probably seen an opportunity to make a few quid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to see Call Mr Robeson at the Royal Court Studio tonight. (If you ever get a chance to see it, you really should.)

 

It's a small production, so they didn't have proper programmes, just flyers that said this...

IMG_20211126_220942.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I went to see Call Mr Robeson at the Royal Court Studio tonight. (If you ever get a chance to see it, you really should.)

 

It's a small production, so they didn't have proper programmes, just flyers that said this...

IMG_20211126_220942.jpg

Rhondda Valley legend is Robeson; 

 

"How Paul Robeson found his political voice in the Welsh valleys | Biography books | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/02/how-paul-robeson-found-political-voice-in-welsh-valleys

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Horrid ghouls. 

FFHK_3xXwAo8ks2.jpeg

They actually get less than the  40 poxy quid, it's £38.50, the phone is foŕ the home office's purpose, they can track and contact a claimant at will and the 4 star hotels are rare, normally a hostel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I went to see Call Mr Robeson at the Royal Court Studio tonight. (If you ever get a chance to see it, you really should.)

 

It's a small production, so they didn't have proper programmes, just flyers that said this...

IMG_20211126_220942.jpg

Here you go Angry, happy birthday, 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Here you go Angry, happy birthday, 

 

 

 

Out of rep, for this and the article.

 

The stage tonight was dressed with a few flags and the Welsh one was most prominent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Horrid ghouls. 

FFHK_3xXwAo8ks2.jpeg

They get away with feeding this lies and the likes of Farage go unchallenged on television spouting the same garbage. 
 

What ever happened to looking after your fellow human? Or when has that ever happened? Put all the pricks on the moon and let decent people live a happy safe life. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/11/2021 at 21:36, Jennings said:

Some interesting stuff in this
 

 

 

 

Isn't the Dublin Convention part of the EU rules and regulations?

Isn't Julia HB a Brexiteer?

Surely she should know what she voted for?

Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They get away with feeding this lies and the likes of Farage go unchallenged on television spouting the same garbage. 
 

What ever happened to looking after your fellow human? Or when has that ever happened? Put all the pricks on the moon and let decent people live a happy safe life. 
 

 

Farage is low level fruit, he's a media creation who's put himself forward for election in Britain seven times and seven times he got rejected. He was deemed suitable to be an MEP in Brussels though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Farage is low level fruit, he's a media creation who's put himself forward for election in Britain seven times and seven times he got rejected. He was deemed suitable to be an MEP in Brussels though.

He’s still brainwashing millions of fucking idiots in this country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×