You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Migrants

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

If you genuinely think boris johnson is doing a bang up job and is doing his very best for working people, you are a fucking moron.

There is no sugar coating that.

Why would you not when he and a complicit media are telling you he is?

Lobsters in a pot.

Believing the PM and the media you consume isn't stupidity, you should expect both, in an established liberal democracy, to be telling you the truth, within reason of course.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Why would you not when he and a complicit media are telling you he is?

Lobsters in a pot.

Believing the PM and the media you consume isn't stupidity, you should expect both, in an established liberal democracy, to be telling you the truth, within reason of course.

God help us.

52 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It’s a narrative, of which you are fully complicit ……”You don’t agree with me therefore you’re racist or thick” 

Its nothing to do with agreeing with people. 

I'll say it again .

If you think boris Johnson is doing his best so working people in this country have a better life..you.are a fucking idiot.

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Its nothing to do with agreeing with people. 

I'll say it again .

If you think boris Johnson is doing his best so working people in this country have a better life..you.are a fucking idiot.

And I’ll say it again that that narrative is a major problem. Do you ever stop to think what makes people so disillusioned that they vote the way they do? What is their lived experience ? why did generational Labour voters turn their back on the party, why did people who have fuck all believe they would be better off out of the EU? 

51 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

And I’ll say it again that that narrative is a major problem. Do you ever stop to think what makes people so disillusioned that they vote the way they do? What is their lived experience ? why did generational Labour voters turn their back on the party, why did people who have fuck all believe they would be better off out of the EU? 

The eu is a different issue.

I dont think everyone single person who voted for Brexit was an idiot but I do think many were took in by the lies.

What I will say is that the people who did turn the back on new labour were offered a chance between a genuine centre left option,and a hard right option.They chose hard right .

So as a protest at labour moving more to the right..they went even more right wing.

Where is the logic in that?

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Zemmour? Do……Not…..Like  but he appears popular, I think he’s against Frexit though?

That's him, Zemmour..

Add in Le Penn and Barnier and it makes Farage and our lot look like Owen Jones, but they're all hip, cool and open minded these French.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I dont think everyone single person who voted for Brexit was an idiot but I do think many were took in by the lies.

What I will say is that the people who did turn the back on new labour were offered a chance between a genuine centre left option,and a hard right option.They chose hard right .

So as a protest at labour moving more to the right..they went even more right wing.

There's no logic to it because you're talking bollocks. People didn't vote tory because Labour went to the right, if anything they voted for them because Labour went to the left. 

54 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

People voted against Labour because they simply didn’t trust them, their Brexit policy was an absolute shambles. People who had fuck all wanted a change and they clearly didn’t believe that Labour offered or were sympathetic to that change, it really was that simple imo. Deriding them as thick/racist is merely grist to the mill. They have fuck all to lose, the minutiae is irrelevant to them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

People voted against Labour because they simply didn’t trust them, their Brexit policy was an absolute shambles. People who had fuck all wanted a change and they clearly didn’t believe that Labour offered or where sympathetic to that change, it really was that simple imo. Deriding them as thick/racist is merely grist to the mill. They have fuck all to lose, the minutiae is irrelevant to them.

People believe the media and the media is controlled by right wing megalomaniacs who want everything for nothing. They are smart,slick and have all the power. The only people who can change that are too ignorant to realise they can. And 'Labour went too far to the left' is just the same old tired bullshit that those media barons recycle every election and they do so because it works. It worked with Miliband and it eventually worked with Corbyn yet both are politically miles apart.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

People believe the media and the media is controlled by right wing megalomaniacs who want everything for nothing. They are smart,slick and have all the power. The only people who can change that are too ignorant to realise they can. And 'Labour went too far to the left' is just the same old tired bullshit that those media barons recycle every election and they do so because it works. It worked with Miliband and it eventually worked with Corbyn yet both are politically miles apart.

How do you know what people believe? Who the fuck are you? You’re just a voter with a life exactly the same as every other voter. The arrogance is breathtaking 

People voted Tory because of the influence of mainstream media. People don't need to think for themselves if they get their ideas as shrink-wrapped soundbites provided by the Daily Mail and the other rags.

The greatest con-trick they play is getting working class people to read the S*n.

The second is getting Corbyn badged as a racist.

• Upvote 1