Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 0 (Nov 21 2021)

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I might be wrong but did Sadio definitely over hit that touch? I’m not sure, it looks to me like he always mean to cross.

He did, but that keeper hadn't the foresight to adapt. I have heard some BS about keepers over the years and he seems like a good pro etc but wow the praise he is/was getting is ridiculous. For me he has the same issue as Dinoboy at Everton, short little arms and all a bit dropsy. A few weeks back I watched Palace blast one through him and all the saves he made on Sunday were basic. The effort he fluffed from Thiago early was seen a great recovery to deny Mane, just after that he fluffed Salahs effort which was pretty tame also. I doubt he would have reached the save that Allison made from Partey to be honest.

 

That clip after Allison save, whats with VVD and looking other way? Taking piss.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, lebron said:

I don't know. I kind of admire coaches that don't give up on their principles. I think it's the only way you are really going to dominate as a football team.  You might win the odd cup (or if the odds/money) are stacked enough in your favour - one league title, but if you want to win the Premier League and compete year on year, you simply can't keep playing to what the opposition does. It's why a novice like Solskjaer has a really good record against Pep (and relatively against Klopp too), but is completely out of his depth when trying to install playing principles destined to dominate other teams.

 

For instance, I absolutely hated whenever we played differently and gave up on our identities under previous managers. The amount of shit Guardiola received (by the English press at least) whenever his Barca side lost to a set piece or some counter attack and couldn't provide a plan B, similarly his first year at City should probably also be able to provide some context. There's a lot of similarities (naturally) to how Arteta and Guardiola set their sides up. 

 

It's just a bad headache comping up against us for every progressive coach out there. While I wholeheartedly agree that it's suicidal against us, I think it gives out completely the wrong signal if you suddenly fully abandon the ship whenever you come up against us (or City). It's a lose-lose situation, really. Do you play like Burnley for 90 mins and completely give up on your principles in the hope you'll get lucky? Do you do some kind of hybrid where your players aren't really sure when to go long and/or short? Or do you stick by what you have coached and worked on for your last 5-10 years? I know what I would do. Let's face it, City away and Liverpool away, you're most likely getting beat whichever way you choose if said teams are on form.

 

While I'm not privy as to how good a coach Arteta really is, I have a hell of a lot more trust in his project than those of Lampard and Solskjaer, where you couldn't really identify any positive attacking pattern throughout their tenures. This Arsenal side will give Utd and Spurs (and West Ham) a run for the final top 4 spot, and I wouldn't be too worried if I were an Arsenal fan today.

 

Arteta is a fucking moron. That 'tactic' doesn't work and even if it did, you have to be flexible and mix it up against teams who have your number. As I said in the report, even City don't play like that against us anymore. They've adjusted their tactical approach when they play us because we kept twatting them.

 

It isn't about giving up your identity, it's about having a bit of flexibility and pragmatism, and not getting fucked 4-0 because you want to do something that can't possibly work.

 

This game was exactly like the last time I saw Arsenal at Anfield. I reckon I could have copied and pasted large chunks of that report and used it this time too, because they did the exact same thing.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love a wronged and fired up Sadio!

 

Not enough is made of the fact that but for Ramsdale, we'd have scored 8, and it wouldn't have flattered us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I love a wronged and fired up Sadio!

 

Not enough is made of the fact that but for Ramsdale, we'd have scored 8, and it wouldn't have flattered us.

On the other hand, if they had a proper 'keeper, we might not have scored our first three goals. 

 

Ramsdale is the latest bang-average English goalkeeper who benefits from an uncritical media. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He applauded the Kop with gusto and was really appreciative of the ovation he got, so that goes a long way. Fucking leave the lad alone, yer arlarses!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, index1000 said:

There still about hiding out on the fuck FSG thread waiting...

I’ll always be waiting in the tall grass on the Fuck FSG thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

On the other hand, if they had a proper 'keeper, we might not have scored our first three goals. 

 

Ramsdale is the latest bang-average English goalkeeper who benefits from an uncritical media. 

So soon to be England's number one then. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

This is some of the worst 'keeping imaginable:

 

 

 

Didn't really notice it at the time, but what the fuck is Partey, the No.5, doing there? He's another one that's Arsenal through and through. Waster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lebron said:

I don't know. I kind of admire coaches that don't give up on their principles. I think it's the only way you are really going to dominate as a football team.  You might win the odd cup (or if the odds/money) are stacked enough in your favour - one league title, but if you want to win the Premier League and compete year on year, you simply can't keep playing to what the opposition does. It's why a novice like Solskjaer has a really good record against Pep (and relatively against Klopp too), but is completely out of his depth when trying to install playing principles destined to dominate other teams.

 

For instance, I absolutely hated whenever we played differently and gave up on our identities under previous managers. The amount of shit Guardiola received (by the English press at least) whenever his Barca side lost to a set piece or some counter attack and couldn't provide a plan B, similarly his first year at City should probably also be able to provide some context. There's a lot of similarities (naturally) to how Arteta and Guardiola set their sides up. 

 

It's just a bad headache comping up against us for every progressive coach out there. While I wholeheartedly agree that it's suicidal against us, I think it gives out completely the wrong signal if you suddenly fully abandon the ship whenever you come up against us (or City). It's a lose-lose situation, really. Do you play like Burnley for 90 mins and completely give up on your principles in the hope you'll get lucky? Do you do some kind of hybrid where your players aren't really sure when to go long and/or short? Or do you stick by what you have coached and worked on for your last 5-10 years? I know what I would do. Let's face it, City away and Liverpool away, you're most likely getting beat whichever way you choose if said teams are on form.

 

While I'm not privy as to how good a coach Arteta really is, I have a hell of a lot more trust in his project than those of Lampard and Solskjaer, where you couldn't really identify any positive attacking pattern throughout their tenures. This Arsenal side will give Utd and Spurs (and West Ham) a run for the final top 4 spot, and I wouldn't be too worried if I were an Arsenal fan today.

If I was an Arsenal fan I would be worried...fair enough sticking to principles, but more often than not it will cost you your job and if you look at where they were 2 months ago I think they may struggle longer term.

 

Indeed the previous games they won were Spurs at home, Leicester away, Villa, teams that are stinking it out right now. Then they had Palace that bullied them off the park and should have beaten them. Watford the same. Thrown in with that fantastic run they were on were some Carling cup matches but on the whole they couldn't have asked for a better run of fixtures between the 5-0 thumping by City and 4-0 Saturday.

 

Sticking to principles like playing the ball out of the back with inferior footballers should start to ring alarm bells. Surely to be a success you have to adapt/change. You would have thought he would have the foresight to see that tactic will not work v Liverpool/City from previous games. Everything about him reminds me of Pep and thats where he will come unstuck as none of his players would get near the teams that Pep had so just don't use that template.

 

Acting the complete cock on Sunday and displaying some sort of macho shit that the YouTube blud Arsenal fans will like, but after 90 minutes the dummest of them must have realised what a mistake that was.

 

One other thing he has some good young players, Smith Rowe in particular, Saka and Martinelli (who rarely plays) These kids have that coward as Captain, he's one of the biggest frauds in the game the way he prances about. Beside him they have Lacazette - I run out of words for how much I despise that prick, they are the examples, the leadership those kids have to look up to. He should flog the pair of them, buy Milner from us for £100million and those kids would learn more in a week than from those two in a lifetime.

 

I do agree with the sticking with principles to some degree, but I just think he is a bad example. Arsenal for the last 15 years have had that principle of trying to play nice football, but all through that period they had very few 'men' on the pitch. They will always be canon fodder to Liverpool/City etc unless they can reverse that and lesser teams know how they can get at them also, they know they are mentally weak!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2021 at 00:44, rb14 said:

Great stuff Dave. The ref's behaviour on the Mo pelanty was atrocious. Imagine that happening to the gimp Fernandes? Not a chance. 

 

Likewise the ref ignored the huge amount of time Ramsdale was taking at goal kicks. That was almost certainly an Arteta directive because he was still at it when they went behind. Like who's that helping dickwad? 

 

I know there's been discussion elsewhere about singing "Ole's at the wheel" when we're playing other teams, and I too think it's small-time. As equally small-time as cheering passes that our supporters were doing mid-way through the second half. Like, seriously? Purleeeeze. 

That Ole shite started around us in main stand too....we shouted it down and started chanting 'Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool' over it.

 

It is really fucking shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chris said:

 

Didn't really notice it at the time, but what the fuck is Partey, the No.5, doing there? He's another one that's Arsenal through and through. Waster.

 

And yet he was fucking amazing when he played against us for Atletico. Didn't take long for that Arsenal stink to get on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must've really done a number on Captain Black as he wants Wenger back at Arsenal apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×