You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 0 - Match Reaction

tlw content

After a couple of disappointing results the Reds got right back on track with a spanking of Arsenal at Anfield, as the front lads all helped themselves to a goal and Alisson bounced back with a clean sheet.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by Julian Richards and Paul Natton to reflect on a hugely gratifying win in which there were many stand out performers. Tsimikas caught the eye again, Thiago enjoyed himself on his return to the starting line up, Sadio, Mo and Diogo ran riot, but special credit is reserved the man who did more than anyone to turn the game in Liverpool's favour - Gunners boss Mikel Arteta. Cheers lad!

View full article

• Upvote 5

• dave u pinned this topic

Arteta, his players and their fans have being getting cocky because they had a reasonably good run over 10 games. They thought they could go toe to toe with us but really, were pretty poor. Their front 2 were toothless.

Good point about corners, we dont score enough from the aerial ball, especially Virgil and Joel.

Loved the way Tsimikas ran all the way back to celebrate Taki's goal, I think it was, with Alli after his throw out.

• Upvote 1

The corner vs free-kick debate is really interesting. 

I'll forever maintain that we should be doing in-swinging corners. The free-kicks at least allows us some space to deliver the ball in between the keeper and the defence. 

I don't care if the stats show we score quite a lot from set pieces. We get an enormous amount of corners and set pieces compared to the other teams that top the graphs for goals from set pieces. We need to up our conversion rate.

On 23/11/2021 at 16:46, sir roger said:

Didn't a caption during the game suggest we were the top team in the Prem for scoring from corners.

Yeah, it doesn't take into account the huge number of corners we have though.

We've taken 91 corners (City have the most with 99), while West Ham with 67 are the closest to us in terms of goals

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, lebron said:

Yeah, it doesn't take into account the huge number of corners we have though.

We've taken 91 corners (City have the most with 99), while West Ham with 67 are the closest to us in terms of goals

Yeah. Think you’ve crystallised my point for me. We get ridiculous numbers but proportionally don’t convert enough into goals. 

• dave u unpinned this topic