You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FC Porto (H) – CL, Wed 24th Nov 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Minamino was disappointing. Weirdly enough, he resembles more and more a kind of poacher. I find he has quality in the box but outside of making some decent runs here and there he pretty much does nothing everywhere else on the pitch. He's not this technically gifted attacking midfielder he would seem like. Not good enough really.

As for the game, Porto continues to be our punching bag. They must have been trying not to score in the first half. And then we just dominated the second.

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Nobody better getting the ball on that edge of the box than Mo. Signing that man is one of the best things ever to happen to this football club. And I didn't even want him when we were in for him! Shows what I know 

Think most people felt the same.

Incredible player. 

8 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Not a good first half, second much better.

Would’ve preferred if we’d rested more players, but no hope of that obviously, and will be the same against Milan I guess.

Happy about the result, very happy for the Morton lad and delighted we didnt pick up any injuries.

I think he's from Wallasey...

• Upvote 4

Otavio and Evanilson were utter shite last night. Not great footballers, but that's presumably because they spend so little time with the ball as they are too busy rolling around like cunts. 

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Stupid get from Africa trying to make a mountain out of mole hill over Klopp's comments about AFCON.

Clearly he does not get irony....about 3 mins 20 in....

10 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Klopp would probably have been better just saying ‘oh for fuck’s sake!’

I couldn't work as a football manager and actually do press conferences. 

Every single one I'd end up like Eddie Murphy talking about Joe Louis in the barber shop scenes in Coming to America. 

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Minamino was disappointing. Weirdly enough, he resembles more and more a kind of poacher. I find he has quality in the box but outside of making some decent runs here and there he pretty much does nothing everywhere else on the pitch. He's not this technically gifted attacking midfielder he would seem like. Not good enough really.

Like most players, it's hard to properly judge when they're playing in make shift sides in league cup games and/or the odd start/subs appearance with something approaching a first team.

Klopp put's a lot of emphasis on rhythm for a reason, Ox is in a similar position but because he's getting more game time you're starting to see the performances improve. 

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

Otavio and Evanilson were utter shite last night. Not great footballers, but that's presumably because they spend so little time with the ball as they are too busy rolling around like cunts. 

I couldn't work as a football manager and actually do press conferences. 

Every single one I'd end up like Eddie Murphy talking about Joe Louis in the barber shop scenes in Coming to America. 

To top it off, the cunt kept referring to “presser” not press conference, , one for the shitness thread too

12 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Didnt check, but has to be 87/88 surely?

No it's 86/87. I got the other one wrong though, as the 2 in the 1800s were 54 goals!

"It is also helping them push new frontiers in the Anfield record books, with a second-half double taking their haul after 19 games to an incredible 55 goals.

Just once in the Reds’ entire history have they emulated that tally at this stage of a season, back in Kenny Dalglish’s managerial heyday of 1986/87.

Kopites would have to thumb through the annals of history to the 1890s, when they plundered 54 goals in two campaigns, to find a closer equivalent."

So just to summarise Liverpool last night...

Has more points than all 3 teams combined in the so called 'Group of death'.

Became the first English side in 82 years since Wolves (1939, pre World War 2) to score two or more goals in 16 consecutive games.

Equalled club record of 55 goals in first 19 games (achieved by Kenny's 86/87 team).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, m0e said:

So just to summarise Liverpool last night...

Has more points than all 3 teams combined in the so called 'Group of death'.

Became the first English side in 82 years since Wolves (1939, pre World War 2) to score two or more goals in 16 consecutive games.

Equalled club record of 55 goals in first 19 games (achieved by Kenny's 86/87 team).

But we are still shit, overrated and all the players take PEDs. 

49 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Can't believe Thiago wasted all those years messing about in Germany when he could have been over here running our midfield instead.

Wonderful hit last night. At his best he makes the game look easy.

He really personifies the phrase: Rolls Royce of a player.

• Like 1