You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FC Porto (H) – CL, Wed 24th Nov 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Quite good at this shit

Nobody better getting the ball on that edge of the box than Mo. Signing that man is one of the best things ever to happen to this football club. And I didn't even want him when we were in for him! Shows what I know 

• Upvote 1

That went exactly as expected.

With a starting line-up featuring players that aren't regulars, we were always going to lack cohesion. Along with a lack of cohesion was a lack of tempo, and it meant that when Porto did come forward, they often got themselves into promising positions.

But then Porto showed what they are adept at. Getting into promising positions and cocking it up, and hitting the deck any time one of our players so much as breathed on them. I swear Otavio and Edmilson must have hit the deck in 'agony' a dozen times each in this match.

Sadio had a goal ruled out for the tightest of offsides. Thiago hit a scorcher to open the scoring. Mo did what Mo does. Taki was unlucky to have a goal ruled out for offside. I thought the current rule was that if the ball ends up with an attacker in an offside position after the ball has been deliberately played by a defender, it resets the phase of play and the attacker is then deemed to be onside. Sadio's effort took a clear deflection of a Porto player attempting to block the effort before it fell to Taki who was ahead of the play.

Anyway, 5 wins from 5, and now we could see a scenario where Jurgen rests more first-teamers in Milan while Porto and Atletico try to out-shithouse one another. It's entirely possible that Atletico finish bottom of the pile.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nobody better getting the ball on that edge of the box than Mo. Signing that man is one of the best things ever to happen to this football club. And I didn't even want him when we were in for him! Shows what I know 

I thought he was paying complement to my gifs Stig. Don't spoil it please. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Looks like it:

1. from the first match in the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).

Reset only after the quarter-finals.

Earned himself a free shot at someone. What a pro.

arrested-development.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Overall, no complaints. Have to say that Porto being completely shit in the final third secured a no-fuss win.

Thiago’s sublime finish I will be watching over & over for a while. Striking perfection.

Youngsters showed confidence, and that clean sheet is sweet.

Rock On The Reds

6 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Not a good first half, second much better.

Would’ve preferred if we’d rested more players, but no hope of that obviously, and will be the same against Milan I guess.

Happy about the result, very happy for the Morton lad and delighted we didnt pick up any injuries.

Hopefully in Milan we will be able to start more of our back up players - likes of Gomez, Milner, Keita, Jones and Origi..

Seems like tonight was just a touch too soon for a few tonight after injuries/not quite ready to start.

Hopefully have less injuries by then - something like:

Alisson

Neco

Gomez

Konate

Tsimikas

Milner

Jones

Keita

Origi

Mimamino

Oxlade (don't like him in front 3 but better than risking Jota)

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Hopefully in Milan we will be able to start more of our back up players - likes of Gomez, Milner, Keita, Jones and Origi..

Seems like tonight was just a touch too soon for a few tonight after injuries/not quite ready to start.

Hopefully have less injuries by then - something like:

Alisson

Neco

Gomez

Konate

Tsimikas

Milner

Jones

Keita

Origi

Mimamino

Oxlade (don't like him in front 3 but better than risking Jota)

Milner is suspended but, otherwise, this looks pretty good.

But I imagine Salah insists on starting / scoring [sic]

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

hitting the deck any time one of our players so much as breathed on them. I swear Otavio and Edmilson must have hit the deck in 'agony' a dozen times each in this match.

Their match vs Atletico is going to look like The battle of the Somme, bodies everywhere