Jump to content
Anubis

Someone’s Continuing To Have A Real Laugh - Michael Carrick Interim United Manager

Recommended Posts

He isn't going to be allowed to chuck Maguire, Pogba and Ronaldo on the bench so I'd be quite surprised if they even scraped 4th.

 

Odd league now. The top three are in the top five or six sides in the world. The fourth best team, whoever they end up being, aren't in the top 20.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving the next 6 months aside, because they’ll throw up plenty more comedy for now, if the plan is as it seems to bring in a Pochettino or similar and have Rangnick as someone above manager level with the first clue about football, this isn’t great news in the medium to long-term. He’s a great example of someone who knows how to build a modern football club where all the elements link up and work together, and that’s not only exactly what they need but the lack of it is realistically what has been helping them waste the enormous advantage of their bottomless well of cash.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2021 at 17:21, Jairzinho said:

He isn't going to be allowed to chuck Maguire, Pogba and Ronaldo on the bench so I'd be quite surprised if they even scraped 4th.

 

Odd league now. The top three are in the top five or six sides in the world. The fourth best team, whoever they end up being, aren't in the top 20.

I agree with the first bit, but the second just isn't true, I'm afraid.

 

Even the fifth-best English teams is probably in the top 20. Even Leicester and West Ham (maybe the 6th/7th-best?) are top of their Europa groups, for example, so even they aren't miles away.

 

I think we really underestimate the financial advantage the Premier League has and how it's causing a talent drain from what were the previous 20th-40th best teams in Europe over to the PL. You see teams like Leicester and Villa taking the best players off of the likes of Salzburg and Leverkusen and you just know that it's trickling down further than just the top 4 nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t been on the forum for a wee while, so sorry if this has already been raised but… hearing the way Scholes has talked about Carrick (and to a lesser extent Phelan, etc) has been truly weird. Apparently Solksjaer’s backroom team have just as much responsibility as he does - more, even.

Just can’t wrap my head around this. But presumably it means that there’s no chance of a Carrick’s At The Wheel bandwagon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ron B said:

I haven’t been on the forum for a wee while, so sorry if this has already been raised but… hearing the way Scholes has talked about Carrick (and to a lesser extent Phelan, etc) has been truly weird. Apparently Solksjaer’s backroom team have just as much responsibility as he does - more, even.

Just can’t wrap my head around this. But presumably it means that there’s no chance of a Carrick’s At The Wheel bandwagon. 

I think OGS modelled himself on Ferguson and was very clear he was the manager and he had other people to do the coaching. I think that's why Carrick and phelan are getting so much shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Em City said:

I was laughing during the match yesterday, the commentators talking like he has literally invented modern football. And not once did they ask why he's won fuck all and why he was plying his trade in Moscow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two wins, one draw, and undefeated. Come on, Dave, if ever a useless sack of shit underdog deserved ‘my boy’ status then its Carrick. If Jason Puncheon got ‘my boy’ status then this is at least on a par.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Two wins, one draw, and undefeated. Come on, Dave, if ever a useless sack of shit underdog deserved ‘my boy’ status then its Carrick. If Jason Puncheon got ‘my boy’ status then this is at least on a par.

He’s just quit the Manc twats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2021 at 05:18, Ne Moe Imya said:

I agree with the first bit, but the second just isn't true, I'm afraid.

 

Even the fifth-best English teams is probably in the top 20. Even Leicester and West Ham (maybe the 6th/7th-best?) are top of their Europa groups, for example, so even they aren't miles away.

 

I think we really underestimate the financial advantage the Premier League has and how it's causing a talent drain from what were the previous 20th-40th best teams in Europe over to the PL. You see teams like Leicester and Villa taking the best players off of the likes of Salzburg and Leverkusen and you just know that it's trickling down further than just the top 4 nowadays.


Spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2021 at 14:18, Turkish Delight said:

I was delighted they signed Ronaldo in the Summer.

 

They did ok last year based on a defence that defended deep and having lightning pace on the counter.

 

The now play a forward each week who can't/won't run which harms their ability to do that. To compensate their defence is no longer as deep and it exposes the likes of Maguire, Wan Bisska and Shaw who don't have the pace or ability to play further up the pitch.

 

They're caught between two ways of playing. Dropping Ronaldo and going back to last season's basics is the short term answer that would probably get them 4th but he'll be looking to plunge the knife at any opportunity if they do that.

 

Long term to be a progressive team their whole defence and midfield needs a complete overhaul.

Exactly!

 

That's why it's so good he scored a couple yesterday and will continue to score every now and then, making it difficult maybe even impossible, to drop the lazy f**cker

 

Catch22 really.

 

Glory glory ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Exactly!

 

That's why it's so good he scored a couple yesterday and will continue to score every now and then, making it difficult maybe even impossible, to drop the lazy f**cker

 

Catch22 really.

 

Glory glory ....

 

Ronaldo was our's and cities best signing. They will eat themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2021 at 09:03, Barrington Womble said:

I think OGS modelled himself on Ferguson and was very clear he was the manager and he had other people to do the coaching. I think that's why Carrick and phelan are getting so much shit. 

That makes sense (insofar as how Solksjaer has spun the narrative anyway). Ta. 
Still a crock of shit though - the buck stops with the guy in charge, and this complaint about “Jobs for the boys, even if they’ve never done anything as a coach or manager,” applies more to the Norwegian than it does to any of the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2021 at 22:21, Jairzinho said:

He isn't going to be allowed to chuck Maguire, Pogba and Ronaldo on the bench so I'd be quite surprised if they even scraped 4th.

 

Odd league now. The top three are in the top five or six sides in the world. The fourth best team, whoever they end up being, aren't in the top 20.

I think they still have a decent chance of fourth, awful as they are, as most other sides outside of the top three are less than impressive too, aside from the ‘great story’ exceptions like Brentford who won’t challenge either as they don’t have the resources. West Ham are about the pick of the bunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2021 at 09:03, Barrington Womble said:

I think OGS modelled himself on Ferguson and was very clear he was the manager and he had other people to do the coaching. I think that's why Carrick and phelan are getting so much shit. 

It was a smart move.

 

He was just lacking that wee bit of leadership, influence, intelligence, personality, character, and know-how to pull it off.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Latest Round Up

  • Last Match Report

  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • Posts

    • He said you needed no help as your first 5 picks were excellent. 
        Then it went to shit. 
    • @Dynamite YOURE UP.   Frank Sinclair's 'Welcome to the 102's' video.
    • We would've signed Werner if the financial conditions were right. It's just another case of making the best with the alternative.
    • Stig  Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool)  Kevin De Bruyne (Man City)   Andy Cole (Blackburn)   Tim Flowers (Leicester)  Boudewijn Zenden (Boro)       Claude Makelele (Chelsea)     David O'Leary (Arsenal) Jonathan Woodgate (Spurs)    Carlos Tevez (Utd)  Peter Lorimer (Leeds) Ugo Ehiogu (Aston Villa)    John Gordon Banks Martin Peters    Graeme Souness Norman Hunter John Robertson      Stephen Carr Zlatan Ibrahimović Nigel Winterburn     Colin Bell Cesc Fabregas Frank Sinclair     Dynamite Emlyn Hughes (Wolves) Billy Bremner (Leeds) John Barnes (Liverpool) Viv Anderson (Nottingham Forest) Sol Campbell (Spurs)      Didier Drogba (Chelsea)  Peter Schmeichel (Manchester United)   David Rocastle (Arsenal)    Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)    Dave Watson (Norwich)           No2 Andy Gray (Wolves) Ian Rush (Liverpool) Stuart Pearce (Forest) Tony Adams (Arsenal) John Terry (Chelsea)     Yaya Toure (Man City) Pat Jennings (Spurs) Eddie Gray (Leeds) Andy Townsend (Aston Villa)  Angel Rangel (Swansea) Ryan Giggs (Man Utd)      Babbs John Aldridge (Oxford Utd) Peter Shilton (Nottingham Forest) Robbie Fowler (Liverpool)   Gareth Southgate  David Ginola (Spurs)      Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd) Frank Lampard (Chelsea)  David Silva (Man City)   Keith Gillespie (Blackburn)  Roland Nilsson (Sheffield Wednesday)        Lifetime fan Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) Ray Houghton (Oxford Utd) Steve Bruce (Norwich)   Steve Staunton (Villa)   Michael Owen (Liverpool) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) Paul Reaney (Leeds)   Vincent Kompany (Man City)  Alan Mullery (Spurs)    Archie Gemmill (Nottingham Forest)    Brad Friedel (Blackburn Rovers)       Alex_K Paul McGrath (Aston Villa) Luis Suarez (Liverpool) Johnny Giles (Leeds) Juninho Paulista (Middlesbrough) Larry Lloyd (Notts Forest) Paul Scholes (Man Utd)  Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham) David Seaman (Arsenal) Bernardo Silva (City) Henning Berg (Blackburn) Ashley Cole (Chelsea)   Elite Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea) Mark Hughes (Blackburn) Rio Ferdinand (United) Ledley King (Spurs) Lee Bowyer (Birmingham) Ray Parlour (Arsenal)    Ben Davies (Swansea)    Danny Mills (Middlesbrough)        Lee909 Mendieta (Middlesbrough) Damien Duff (Blackburn Rovers) Des Walker (Nottingham Forest) Jack Charlton (Leeds) Chris Woods (Norwich) Kenny Sansom (Arsenal) Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) Dwight Yorke (Aston Villa) Pablo Zabaleta (City) Michael Essien (Chelsea) Steve McManaman (Liverpool)
    • I couldn’t believe my luck. I’ve had to go 343 and him still being available was quite magnificent  Hahaha
×