Anubis

Someone’s Continuing To Have A Real Laugh - Michael Carrick Interim United Manager

Valverde was responsible for their collapse at Roma and against us. His teams are known for having the fortitude of wet tissue paper. Messi and Suarez carried him throughout his reign. He'd have them playing tiki-taka and they have nobody in that squad that can pull it off.

2 hours ago, Boss said:

He'd have them playing tiki-taka and they have nobody in that squad that can pull it off.

Bit disrespectful to Maguire and Shaw there. 

20 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Was it me? Or did the BT commentary last night get far too excited over a team Man Utd should really be beating? 

No I thought that,  way way over the top,  that Fletcher chancer just couldn't contain himself you'd swear they had beat peak Barca the way he was going on 

On 22/11/2021 at 14:53, 3 Stacks said:

No one is years ahead of a club with the resources of Man United.

You are correct from a financial standpoint but if FSG had backed Klopp even half as much as the Glazers have backed even their shit managers we'd be back on our perch as leading title winners by at least a couple.

• Upvote 4

Have to laugh at the hypocritical twats all saying that win 'was for Ollie.' Yeah, the same Ollie you were all fucked off with and briefing your favourite reporters how training was boring and poor, tactics were wrong or non existent etc.

Wind forward a few seasons and Luke Shaw will shock us in his autobiography, revealing Maguire was infact playing pass the pound in the 5-0 drubbing we gave them   

10 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Wind forward a few seasons and Luke Shaw will shock us in his autobiography, revealing Maguire was infact playing pass the pound in the 5-0 drubbing we gave them   

Even then he'd probably give it to Salah.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Even then he'd probably give it to Salah.

I reckon he's the type to keep it because he wanted some stickers and some Minstrels  

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You are correct from a financial standpoint but if FSG had backed Klopp even half as much as the Glazers have backed even their shit managers we'd be back on our perch as leading title winners by at least a couple.

The point I was trying to make in my original post. We could have put more distance between us and them given their repeated incompetence since Ferguson left. As it is they only have to find a half decent manager to make them good again. 

42 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The point I was trying to make in my original post. We could have put more distance between us and them given their repeated incompetence since Ferguson left. As it is they only have to find a half decent manager to make them good again. 

If you mean good as in scrapping for 4th every season I agree...

On 23/11/2021 at 14:18, Turkish Delight said:

I was delighted they signed Ronaldo in the Summer.

They did ok last year based on a defence that defended deep and having lightning pace on the counter.

The now play a forward each week who can't/won't run which harms their ability to do that. To compensate their defence is no longer as deep and it exposes the likes of Maguire, Wan Bisska and Shaw who don't have the pace or ability to play further up the pitch.

They're caught between two ways of playing. Dropping Ronaldo and going back to last season's basics is the short term answer that would probably get them 4th but he'll be looking to plunge the knife at any opportunity if they do that.

Long term to be a progressive team their whole defence and midfield needs a complete overhaul.

I think this nails it, especially the last part...

Bit pissed off with that, he seems competent. I’d rather it was Valverde or Mark Hughes/Steve Bruce or some other incompetent no-mark. Rangnick will probably get them a top four spot.

• Upvote 1

If Rangnick also has authority to shape the philosophy of the club, it's a good hire. If he's just there to be interim, it's whatever. He's never achieved that much as just a manager.

Edit: seems like his deal includes 2 years of consulting after. That's pretty good for them, then.

49 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If Rangnick also has authority to shape the philosophy of the club, it's a good hire. If he's just there to be interim, it's whatever. He's never achieved that much as just a manager.

Edit: seems like his deal includes 2 years of consulting after. That's pretty good for them, then.

That's it, if they have any sense let him manage the team for six months which gives him proper oversight of the squad and club structure then move him upstairs as the director of football with genuine control. Still think they'll screw this up, the Glazers won't stand for anyone interfering and their supporters will have turned on him by then.