You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Continuing To Have A Real Laugh - Michael Carrick Interim United Manager

Anubis

47 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think they still have a decent chance of fourth, awful as they are, as most other sides outside of the top three are less than impressive too, aside from the ‘great story’ exceptions like Brentford who won’t challenge either as they don’t have the resources. West Ham are about the pick of the bunch. 

I don't think there's any doubt they'll get 4th. They had one of the worst (the worst) managers ever to coach an English CL team and they still had enough good players to qualify. Any league 2 level coach could probably get them 4th. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I think they still have a decent chance of fourth, awful as they are, as most other sides outside of the top three are less than impressive too, aside from the ‘great story’ exceptions like Brentford who won’t challenge either as they don’t have the resources. West Ham are about the pick of the bunch. 

Yes, they've got a chance because the league outside the top three is shit. Lots of teams spending huge amounts of money on complete rubbish and then managing them appalling.

Wolves and Brighton won't score enough goals. Arsenal are Arsenal, and until they get a proper manager will continue to be so. I think Tottenham have got a very good chance because they have the best manager outside the top three, and if he can get Kane and Son firing again they're more than capable of finishing 4th. It'll be between Spurs, United and West Ham would have an outside chance (but you'd imagine one of the two previously mentioned will get their shit together sufficiently). 

I do think that United squad is drastically overrated. As funny as it was watching Ole get the absolute least out of it, I think even a decent manager is going to need a reasonable overhaul to get them competitive again because there simply hasn't been any sort of cohesive plan with their signings. Just lots of "we're still relevant" type purchases. 

They have a lot of players who are simply shit, like Jones and Fred. Others who are just miles past it, like Mata and Matic. Then players like Pogba and Ronaldo who make the team almost unmanageable due to their commercial impact. 

It's only Barcelona that have bought as badly as them in the last six or seven years. Anywhere in the world.

• 2 years later...