You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Continuing To Have A Real Laugh - Michael Carrick Interim United Manager

Anubis

Valverde was responsible for their collapse at Roma and against us. His teams are known for having the fortitude of wet tissue paper. Messi and Suarez carried him throughout his reign. He'd have them playing tiki-taka and they have nobody in that squad that can pull it off.

20 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Was it me? Or did the BT commentary last night get far too excited over a team Man Utd should really be beating? 

No I thought that,  way way over the top,  that Fletcher chancer just couldn't contain himself you'd swear they had beat peak Barca the way he was going on 

On 22/11/2021 at 14:53, 3 Stacks said:

No one is years ahead of a club with the resources of Man United.

You are correct from a financial standpoint but if FSG had backed Klopp even half as much as the Glazers have backed even their shit managers we'd be back on our perch as leading title winners by at least a couple.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You are correct from a financial standpoint but if FSG had backed Klopp even half as much as the Glazers have backed even their shit managers we'd be back on our perch as leading title winners by at least a couple.

The point I was trying to make in my original post. We could have put more distance between us and them given their repeated incompetence since Ferguson left. As it is they only have to find a half decent manager to make them good again. 

42 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The point I was trying to make in my original post. We could have put more distance between us and them given their repeated incompetence since Ferguson left. As it is they only have to find a half decent manager to make them good again. 

If you mean good as in scrapping for 4th every season I agree...

On 23/11/2021 at 14:18, Turkish Delight said:

I was delighted they signed Ronaldo in the Summer.

They did ok last year based on a defence that defended deep and having lightning pace on the counter.

The now play a forward each week who can't/won't run which harms their ability to do that. To compensate their defence is no longer as deep and it exposes the likes of Maguire, Wan Bisska and Shaw who don't have the pace or ability to play further up the pitch.

They're caught between two ways of playing. Dropping Ronaldo and going back to last season's basics is the short term answer that would probably get them 4th but he'll be looking to plunge the knife at any opportunity if they do that.

Long term to be a progressive team their whole defence and midfield needs a complete overhaul.

I think this nails it, especially the last part...

49 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If Rangnick also has authority to shape the philosophy of the club, it's a good hire. If he's just there to be interim, it's whatever. He's never achieved that much as just a manager.

Edit: seems like his deal includes 2 years of consulting after. That's pretty good for them, then.

That's it, if they have any sense let him manage the team for six months which gives him proper oversight of the squad and club structure then move him upstairs as the director of football with genuine control. Still think they'll screw this up, the Glazers won't stand for anyone interfering and their supporters will have turned on him by then.