You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Continuing To Have A Real Laugh - Michael Carrick Interim United Manager

Anubis

Bruce would be fine for them.  And would have done a very good job if he'd took over prior to the last 12 months signing of big names and big egos, as he'd have been more suited to trying to rebuild rather than take apart and rebuild.  They have one or two or three players there whose attitude is not good for team building, their next permanent manager should start with getting them out of the door.

31 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The arrogance of the club is incredible. Who in their right mind would want to take an interim managers job knowing the likelihood is that it isn't going to last longer than a few months? How are a bunch of uninterested players going to suddenly find the motivation to play for a fella who they and he knows will be doing a temporary job? 

Long may the circus continue. They are stumbling from one mess to the next.

The funniest thing is they've been down this interim path once before and it's taken them 3 years to get out of it. Unless they have someone signed for the summer (which might explain Neville being so adamant all along they wouldn't sack OGS), then what's the point of an interim manager, as it attracts the likes.of OGS and Bruce? 

57 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The arrogance of the club is incredible. Who in their right mind would want to take an interim managers job knowing the likelihood is that it isn't going to last longer than a few months? How are a bunch of uninterested players going to suddenly find the motivation to play for a fella who they and he knows will be doing a temporary job? 

Long may the circus continue. They are stumbling from one mess to the next.

Seen a clip of Goldbridge talking about the sacking and he's fuming as they have only got rid of 25% of the problem but kept on Carrick, Phelan and the other guy and it's these three that are coaching the players so he expects nothing to change and that this and next season will be a write off due to the board having no plan.

I suspect the comedy may not yet be completely over.

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Seen a clip of Goldbridge talking about the sacking and he's fuming as they have only got rid of 25% of the problem but kept on Carrick, Phelan and the other guy and it's these three that are coaching the players so he expects nothing to change and that this and next season will be a write off due to the board having no plan.

I suspect the comedy may not yet be completely over.

That's as maybe but all it will take is for them to get the right manager and the existing problems will start to fix themselves.  Look at us, a mess before Klopp but he somehow made everything work again.  The thing is though, Klopp is a once in a generation manager, they'd have to get very lucky to find anyone close to his ability, but it's not impossible it might happen. Hope not.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

That's as maybe but all it will take is for them to get the right manager and the existing problems will start to fix themselves.  Look at us, a mess before Klopp but he somehow made everything work again.  The thing is though, Klopp is a once in a generation manager, they'd have to get very lucky to find anyone close to his ability, but it's not impossible it might happen. Hope not.

They've got some good players though and money to burn. As mess as they are, a pretty average manager would have these back above west ham in no time. Klopp took us to the highest level and that's why we needed a once in a generation level of manager. They will need just a good manager such as pochetino to start challenging again. Steve Bruce would get them top 4. 

I keep hearing untied fans say ole will always be a legend but the thick bastards don't realise he's a legend to us all now. Literally every fan in England loves him.

I'll never forget him and he'll always be in my heart. Right up there with fergie standing in the middle of the pitch with a microphone telling the fans to get behind Moyes. Fucking idiot. It's been a great 8 years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

They've got some good players though and money to burn. As mess as they are, a pretty average manager would have these back above west ham in no time. Klopp took us to the highest level and that's why we needed a once in a generation level of manager. They will need just a good manager such as pochetino to start challenging again. Steve Bruce would get them top 4. 

That's what I think too. Assuming that their permanent choice isn't available until the summer then Bruce would probably  be a good choice to get them to challenge for fourth this season. He's brought shit sides to Anfield and given us a hard time often enough. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Even better would be Steve Bruce getting top four, CL semi-finals and a three-year contract.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I keep hearing untied fans say ole will always be a legend but the thick bastards don't realise he's a legend to us all now. Literally every fan in England loves him.

I'll never forget him and he'll always be in my heart. Right up there with fergie standing in the middle of the pitch with a microphone telling the fans to get behind Moyes. Fucking idiot. It's been a great 8 years.

I will never forgive him for "that balmy night in Barcelona"

39 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

2 has-beens, a never was and a work experience kid. Their post-Taggart appointments have been an absolute masterclass. And that’s without even mentioning Giggseh. 

• Upvote 1

They won't keep getting it wrong. They'll drop on the right person eventually. Some of the hubris worries me.

They're a good coach away from being able to compete with us now, because of the money they've got and the money we won't spend.

When you consider we may lose Mo in 18 months, probably will lose Klopp in 30 months and are losing Edwards in 6 months, this could all turn around quite quickly.

I guess it's a case of enjoying it while we can, but I'll be doing so with less grand posturing about how they're gonna go on a 30 year drought or something...

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Chris said:

They won't keep getting it wrong. They'll drop on the right person eventually. Some of the hubris worries me.

They're a good coach away from being able to compete with us now, because of the money they've got and the money we won't spend.

When you consider we may lose Mo in 18 months, probably will lose Klopp in 30 months and are losing Edwards in 6 months, this could all turn around quite quickly.

I guess it's a case of enjoying it while we can, but I'll be doing so with less grand posturing about how they're gonna go on a 30 year drought or something...

We should really be light years ahead of them but our owners have been happy to rely on Klopp pulling off miracles and being fixated on running a tight ship. 

Klopp with proper backing would have put us years ahead of them. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

We should really be light years ahead of them but our owners have been happy to rely on Klopp pulling off miracles and being fixated on running a tight ship. 

Klopp with proper backing would have put us years ahead of them. 

No one is years ahead of a club with the resources of Man United.

4 hours ago, Moo said:

Bruce would be fine for them.  And would have done a very good job if he'd took over prior to the last 12 months signing of big names and big egos, as he'd have been more suited to trying to rebuild rather than take apart and rebuild.  They have one or two or three players there whose attitude is not good for team building, their next permanent manager should start with getting them out of the door.

Their biggest problem is Placcy.

You’re going to have to pay him, significantly, to see the back of him and the last thing you need is that ego with teeth sulking around the place if he’s marginalised.

He makes them worse, without doubt, and was a stupid signing.

Excellent all round.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Their biggest problem is Placcy.

You’re going to have to pay him, significantly, to see the back of him and the last thing you need is that ego with teeth sulking around the place if he’s marginalised.

He makes them worse, without doubt, and was a stupid signing.

Excellent all round.

He wasn't a stupid signing, in my opinion. He should have been used as a match winner off the bench rather than someone playing every minute. But if you don't have a strong personality to sell that role to him, it was never going to work.

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

He wasn't a stupid signing, in my opinion. He should have been used as a match winner off the bench rather than someone playing every minute. But if you don't have a strong personality to sell that role to him, it was never going to work.

I'm not sure anyone would have the ability to hard sell that to the walking ego, in all honesty. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

Half a million bones a week for an over the hill ego, who has no interest in running, defending, keeping shape or anything else a modern footballer has demanded of them, to come on and snatch a draw against Newcastle?

Again, more than happy with that.