You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moral Dilema

Bruce Spanner

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

This is a good idea actually.

Better still, send it anonymously but leave a trail for them to think that Bjornebye is the “anonymous” grass and that his motive is one of a sectarian nature because the dodgy applicant supports Rangers and frowns upon the Celtic tradition of fingering cats. 

This. 

Shit in a crisp bag and throw it at the other candidate. 

If you believe that your mate can do the job to the required standard then it likely diminishes the chance of a balls up. Plus, your mate gets a job. 

The only real decision is do you just put your findings in an email or go the whole hog and attach a PowerPoint presentation. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

God no!

You'd have to experience an African coup to understand that the world continues to spin as the madness unfurls around you.

I had to dodge kids with automatic weapons and zero empathy earlier to pick up some nappies.

I'd have needed some myself after that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This is a good idea actually.

Better still, send it anonymously but leave a trail for them to think that Bjornebye is the “anonymous” grass and that his motive is one of a sectarian nature because the dodgy applicant supports Rangers and frowns upon the Celtic tradition of fingering cats. 

BjornebyeRangersAreCunts.TLW@guerillamail.com

• Downvote 1

Spanner - keep your powder dry.

There are only a few outcomes.

1. Your pal who is overqualified ( I read that as un-employed) gets the gig.

2. Blagger gets the gig and all goes smoothly.

3. Blagger gets the gig and fucks it up - as this is going off the rails you then tell the employer. At this point the blagger has been exposed and the employer is now indebted to you personally and needs your pal more than ever. Bump in salary, couple of perks and a bump for you on the side for your troubles.

• Upvote 1

A lad I know told me a story about a time he was interviewing 3 lads he'd known from a previous job, for a single vaccancy.

He said he asked them all the same question at one point in the interview which was, why are you the best person for the job?

The first two gave a couple of reasons why they considered themselves the best option. The 3rd lad responded by saying 'Well, Im better than the other 2 you're interviewing.' He didnt get the job although I guess it wasnt just the answer he gave to that question that fucked him over.

Bottom line in my experience is you have to sell yourself, your skills, qualities and what you bring to the job. Character assassination of other candidates does not tend to work out well.

On the other hand, Ive known people who didnt have the required skills for advertised roles who managed to blag it and make a success of the role.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Spanner - keep your powder dry.

There are only a few outcomes.

1. Your pal who is overqualified ( I read that as un-employed) gets the gig.

2. Blagger gets the gig and all goes smoothly.

3. Blagger gets the gig and fucks it up - as this is going off the rails you then tell the employer. At this point the blagger has been exposed and the employer is now indebted to you personally and needs your pal more than ever. Bump in salary, couple of perks and a bump for you on the side for your troubles.

Friend is currently underemployed and treading water when he's far more capable.

We are not salery orientated, it's difficult to explain what I do, but money is not the motivation here so we just need good people in good positions and rely on people being here for transparent reasons.

That's why it's so fragile, what I do has limited pull and you have to look after the good people who come your way.