You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) - Sat 20th Nov 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

I was so apprehensive, I didn't know what to expect today after that painful loss to West Ham. But this result is a testament to how much this team has matured. We kept plugging in the face of all the defiant saves by Ramsdale and finally opened the scoring with a beautiful header from Mane. We defended intelligently and fabulous Fabinho marshalled the midfield with his customary authority. Even Mane and Mo were passing to each other. Great team performance, we should all be proud of. 

ut

Jota’s so like Fowler in style it’s uncanny. Same massive spring and great connection from headers too. 

Today was really positive, but we could play Arsenal 1,000 times and win every single game. We thrive on their gutlessness. Just about every other team in the top flight will pose us more questions, with the exception of maybe Norwich and any side managed by Solskjaer. Still, very handy three points. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, therevivalist said:

I was so apprehensive, I didn't know what to expect today after that painful loss to West Ham. But this result is a testament to how much this team has matured. We kept plugging in the face of all the defiant saves by Ramsdale and finally opened the scoring with a beautiful header from Mane. We defended intelligently and fabulous Fabinho marshalled the midfield with his customary authority. Even Mane and Mo were passing to each other. Great team performance, we should all be proud of. 

Fabinho can’t play like that if Thiago  isn’t in the team

I like Jota. There’s a lot of snideness in him off the ball that goes unseen and he’s afraid of no one. He was a massive influence on that 1st half at OT the other week.

Thought Ox had a good game 2nd half tonight. Kept them pushed right back and was always on the right place to pick the ball up.

Just hope the lad can stay fit cos he’s a positive influence when he’s playing with confidence. Just a shame it takes him so long to get back up there.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

I like Jota. There’s a lot of snideness in him off the ball that goes unseen and he’s afraid of no one. He was a massive influence on that 1st half at OT the other week.

Thought Ox had a good game 2nd half tonight. Kept them pushed right back and was always on the right place to pick the ball up.

Just hope the lad can stay fit cos he’s a positive influence when he’s playing with confidence. Just a shame it takes him so long to get back up there.

Was great that himself and Ramsdale were both intact after what looked a pretty nasty collision. Would be a season-limiting injury for us. 

I'm liking Thiago and Ox in the midfield. We need a midfielder who can run with the ball and is a bit more adventurous to play alongside Thiago. Henderson and Thiago kind of cancel each other out. Ox or Keita alongside Thiago and Fabinho at Anfield, please. Milner and Henderson are better away from home when we need a bit more rigidity and work rate.