You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) - Sat 20th Nov 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

26 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I bet MOTD do analysis on Fab today. How he covers ground. Makes little foot-in tackles. Makes mahoosive tackles. Short passes crisply. long passes with elegance; And is damn handsome to boot!

Its beautiful watching a player boss a midfield. You love to see it.

It's really understated how incredible Fabinho is. If he's on it, we're unbeatable. If he started that game against Man City in 2018/19, we would have drawn or won, won the league and gone the season unbeaten.

Love him.

I thought this might be a really tricky game but in truth it was men against boys.  We've not been anywhere near our best so far this season imo but to steamroller a team just behind us still shows the gulf in class.  Makes me pissed off about the west ham game even more tbh but whats gone is gone.  Fabinho back in midfield makes a huge difference to the team and great to see Tiago back.  When fit he's a class act and adds something different to the team that we don't have.  Thought the greek played well at LB too, maybe a bit of competition in that area now. Clean sheet a bonus as well.  Would be nice if we strung a few of them together.

• Upvote 2

Excellent win. We absolutely dominated them in every area, even though it took a bit of time to get going.

Also goes to show how important set pieces are when we're looking to break down a defensive team.

Everyone played well, and when that happens, we're going to beat 99.9% of teams out there.

Also, some shitehouse posts going on early in this thread. Some posters really need to have a word with themselves.

• Upvote 3

Old fella on AFTV described the Arteta antics as 'stirring up a bit of a hornet's nest'. He was spot on. It was a fairly neutral game until that point, yet turned in the home team's favour after. 

Basically the managerial version of his captain flying into stupid tackles. 

Been at work all day today. Going to bed with a warm glow tonight. I kept my expectations low after the last few weekends being ruined by throwing points away. What the fuck was I thinking? Reds back to winning ways in style. Mancs in abject misery. My mate texted me a tip for a horse at Haydock this afternoon which I managed to get on. 16-1 winner. Just one of those weekends. Life is beautiful sometimes! 

• Upvote 5

Interesting to see how high up the pitch Trent was all day today. Even when Arsenal were taking goal kicks, it was obviously decided that he would be right up alongside the front three, closing Arsenal down and making it difficult for them to play out. A less shit team might have spotted an opportunity in the space behind him, but this was Arsenal, so it was a risk worth taking.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boss said:

I'm liking Thiago and Ox in the midfield. We need a midfielder who can run with the ball and is a bit more adventurous to play alongside Thiago. Henderson and Thiago kind of cancel each other out. Ox or Keita alongside Thiago and Fabinho at Anfield, please. Milner and Henderson are better away from home when we need a bit more rigidity and work rate.

Man alive.  Henderson and Thiago do not cancel each other out.  Thiago is an infinitely better player than Henderson.  He plays forward.  He’ll take risks because he has vision and technique that Henderson can only dream about. He’ll tackle and intercept, he’s positionally savvy, and he’ll bring out the best in Fabinho because Fabinho trusts him to help him out. Fabinho with Henderson is one leaky - and predictable - midfield. Thiago makes everyone else better.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Ramsdale is another Pickford: hepped up on Red Bull, throwing himself around for the cameras, and making basic errors that the English media choose to ignore. 

He was at fault for three of our four goals, for all the Sky Sports praise. The video game attempt to stop the first. The gracious seating on the second. And the failure to capitalise on Sadio's horrible touch for the third.

Think that's a little harsh. Definitely a few saves for the camera, but the scoop on the rebound from Salah and the other Mane one were top saves. I thought he was brilliant.

3 hours ago, Jennings said:

I bet MOTD do analysis on Fab today. How he covers ground. Makes little foot-in tackles. Makes mahoosive tackles. Short passes crisply. long passes with elegance; And is damn handsome to boot!

Its beautiful watching a player boss a midfield. You love to see it.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I've been moaning about the midfield asking if this is the horror we're in for, but it really is as simple as this. If the best DM in the business is on it, then we're protected enough to make the team work. Big weight off my mind this game, just a case of Fabinho getting back up to speed.

6 hours ago, stringvest said:

Man alive.  Henderson and Thiago do not cancel each other out.  Thiago is an infinitely better player than Henderson.  He plays forward.  He’ll take risks because he has vision and technique that Henderson can only dream about. He’ll tackle and intercept, he’s positionally savvy, and he’ll bring out the best in Fabinho because Fabinho trusts him to help him out. Fabinho with Henderson is one leaky - and predictable - midfield. Thiago makes everyone else better.  

You're being a bit harsh on Henderson there. Henderson played a great ball forward for Salah's hat-trick in the United game. Henderson can tackle and intercept. I agree though that Thiago and Fabinho feature in our best midfield. 

2 hours ago, Boss said:

You're being a bit harsh on Henderson there. Henderson played a great ball forward for Salah's hat-trick in the United game. Henderson can tackle and intercept. I agree though that Thiago and Fabinho feature in our best midfield. 

They've started 12 times together...

11 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses

Liverpool in those games have scored 31 and conceded just 5. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, stringvest said:

This would look less silly if Hendo's first touch yesterday wasn't a brilliant forward pass to start the move that led to Taki's goal.

(It would still look pretty silly, just less so.)