You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car bomb at the women’s hospital

Red74

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

This type of thread used to be ten a penny. Gnasher on the turps, Rico being a fucking cunt, Stronts riding dogs, Stig like a dog with a bone after the dog shagger, great to see. 

Whiney little cunts like you sniping from the sidelines hoping one of the big kids pats you on the head. The good old days. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

That would be a stupid move on Jeremy's part. It was billow the belt and over the line, but it was also funny, in a Frankie Boyle kind of irreverent way. Ultimately, it's satire. The person who tweeted it was suspended and apologized, which should be enough, he should not be tweeting a joke like that as an elective representative, it is not his place to do it, plus it was not like something was said recently, if I am not mistaken. But ultimately, JC is a politician and fair game.

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

That would be a stupid move on Jeremy's part. It was billow the belt and over the line, but it was also funny, in a Frankie Boyle kind of irreverent way. Ultimately, it's satire. The person who tweeted it was suspended and apologized, which should be enough, he should not be tweeting a joke like that as an elective representative, it is not his place to do it, plus it was not like something was said recently, if I am not mistaken. But ultimately, JC is a politician and fair game.

I thought it was about as funny as an episode of mrs brown boys tbh.

But it's not fair game is it?

People genuinely believe Jeremy corbyn condones terrorism.

But then again  the same simpletons criticise him for being a pacifist.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

I thought it was about as funny as an episode of mrs brown boys tbh.

But it's not fair game is it?

People genuinely believe Jeremy corbyn condones terrorism.

But then again  the same simpletons criticise him for being a pacifist.

He is fair game, if he wants to be a politician, for satire. Imagine if Boris started reacting or taking people to court for every gag about his children and so on.

Just now, SasaS said:

He is fair game, if he wants to be a politician, for satire. Imagine if Boris started reacting or taking people to court for every gag about his children and so on.

How is saying someone has sympathy for a person trying to blow up babies 'fair game?

If it is then I'm sure there must be countless tories who have recieved the same treatment?

Johnson hid in a fridge to avoid being questioned and its virtually been airbrushed from history.

There is no level playing field here 

14 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

How is saying someone has sympathy for a person trying to blow up babies 'fair game?

If it is then I'm sure there must be countless tories who have recieved the same treatment?

Johnson hid in a fridge to avoid being questioned and its virtually been airbrushed from history.

There is no level playing field here 

Because nobody has actually said that.

If you have watched the video of the incident, you may have spotted nobody really trying to pull the terrorist out of the car before it bursts into flames, there is guy who comes close and then pulls back, for whatever reason. Now, if someone photoshopped  Priti Pattel into the video or the photo pulling the bystander away, as in don't help the asylum seeker, let him burn, this would also be a satire, depending on how it's done could be funny or not, crude or not,in bad taste or not, but it would not be libelous. And Labour's elected representatives should probably not retweet it. And Pattel would be fair game for such gags. As she is. That is, if you've had any exposure to any British political satire in the past.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Especially public figures with a history of laying wreaths.

And there's the rub.

Damaging lies were told about Jeremy Corbyn in respect of a wreath laying ceremony - specifically, that he was laying a wreath to honour a terrorist. This "satire" is obviously aimed at reinforcing those lies. That's what makes it so libellous.

Mind you, you're right when you say it doesn't compare to someone joking that you bum dogs. Nobody gives a fuck whether or not you really do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

There was nothing satirical about Brendan Judge's accusations. He was a cunt, he is a cunt, I'm glad he was banned from this forum, and the world would be a better place without him.

Different standards apply to public figures, because that's the law. Nobody who saw that picture of Corbyn thought it was real.

Whereas anybody who read about you bumming dogs (probably including some who had never heard of it until you just brought it up) would be undecided as to its veracity.

• Upvote 2

This one made me laugh on the blueshite forum...

I still can't get over a terrorist using delta.

At least a hackney on the street they'd have relative anonymity as to where they'd come from, just the main perpetrator who is no more once the incident occurs. Delta to an address is just cartoonishly stupid if their intention is to do damage and not get caught.

"Forget the name Homer Simpson, have it sent care of Langdon Olger"

Am I missing something obvious?

39 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And there's the rub.

Damaging lies were told about Jeremy Corbyn in respect of a wreath laying ceremony - specifically, that he was laying a wreath to honour a terrorist. This "satire" is obviously aimed at reinforcing those lies. That's what makes it so libellous.

Fuck you you gaslighting prick. The world and his wife knows who Corbyn was laying a wreath for. There are literally photographs.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Didn’t know he’d been suspended. Glad that the minute I took to complain didn’t go to waste. 

22 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Was the accusation one of bumming dogs of any gender? Or bumming male dogs? Or shagging female dogs in their dog fu fu? Or just bumming female dogs? 

The accusations were and have always obviously been bollocks but Stronts said something along the lines of he’d rather wank off a mongrel than eat a sausage butty.*

*For legal purposes, may I be clear that I have no knowledge of who Stronts is, other than his first name that people have posted on here and the first name of the solicitor that Stronts posted himself. Rex, I believe it was. 

• Upvote 1