You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car bomb at the women’s hospital

Red74

9 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

If you scold someone for thinking it might be Muslims you open yourself up to being told "I told you so" if it is Muslims. 

I bet if it had been "anti-vaxers" there would have been no point scoring. Right?

Stronts didn't just tip toe in and posit harmlessly that it might be religious extremists though, did he? That wouldn't have started an argument and caused him to get an erection.

He performed a beautiful one two of intimating speculation otherwise was deflection due to Islamist apologism, then claimed he was being attacked. It's a signature move, like Ryu's fireball to dragon punch. Top wumming.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, No2 said:

Has the hallmarks of a passenger that couldn't take listening to the driver a second longer.

Ever been in a taxi when he hasn't got the music on and is loudly chewing a chewing gum? 

I have and if I had a bomb strapped to me at the time it would have blown us both into fucking orbit. Instead I asked to get out well before my destination. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Not sure, but anyone willing to blowing up a hospital definitely qualifies as a loon.  

I think it was some offshoot of isis

They have been responsible for some horrific bombings and the Taliban are fighting them I think?

Obviously no terror attack is particularly humane but that is some kind of warped shit there.

Saying that so was the Manchester one.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

My main problem (apart from the obvious one that all baseless speculation is useless, at best) is that we live in a country that's lousy with racism: the "blame the Muzzies" knee-jerk is dangerous and leads to innocent people being attacked and abused in the real world. It's bad enough seeing that response where we most expect it - from racist propagandists in the right-wing media - but it's almost worse to see supposedly intelligent liberals dressing it up as something rational and correct.

And casting dislike upon this amorphous and ill-defined label of "anti-vaxers" to the point of automatically suspecting them of terrorism is all fine? No hate there? All good? A righteous form of identity dislike?

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ever been in a taxi when he hasn't got the music on and is loudly chewing a chewing gum? 

I have and if I had a bomb strapped to me at the time it would have blown us both into fucking orbit. Instead I asked to get out well before my destination. 

I had one particularly long journey where the driver was listening to golf on the radio.

Golf.

On the radio.

It's even more boring than you'd imagine.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

And casting dislike upon this amorphous and ill-defined label of "anti-vaxers" to the point of automatically suspecting them of terrorism is all fine? No hate there? All good? A righteous form of identity dislike?

How many anti-vaxxers get assaulted in the street in any given week?

31 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Yes that's much better. Anyway I'm done with this point but it amazes me how some kinds of identitarianism are seen as righteous and some not

For me speculating in the early stages that its your bogeymen is the same as the other guy speculating its his bogeymen. 

Yes, it amazes me too. But at the same time, it's not surprising.

I don't have bogeymen, just probability theory. When I first heard there was a bomb at the women's hospital, my initial thought was anti-abortionists. When more facts began to emerge, it became clear it was much more likely to be something else, and indeed that is what it has turned out to be.

It's a scary thing if people aren't allowed to draw obvious conclusions from reality, simply because it may offend someone else's sensibilities.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, it amazes me too. But at the same time, it's not surprising.

I don't have bogeymen, just probability theory. When I first heard there was a bomb at the women's hospital, my initial thought was anti-abortionists. When more facts began to emerge, it became clear it was much more likely to be something else, and indeed that is what it has turned out to be.

It's a scary thing if people aren't allowed to draw obvious conclusions from reality, simply because it may offend someone else's sensibilities.

Same. Or a disgruntled ex. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve read a theory that only the detonator went off and not the main explosive which is why it was a relatively small blast. It was pretty small compared to other car bombs. The car was largely intact. 

Sounds plausible. I guess it's the kind of thing you can't really practise.