You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car bomb at the women’s hospital

Red74

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So why mention it then? Either you think it's relevant, in which case explain why you think it is, or it isn't relevant, in which case explain why you brought it up in the first place.

Maybe because it's a wider point that whilst we continue to wipe out civilians in the middle east,there is going to be a never ending circle of violence ?

Apologies again if that went over your head.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Maybe because it's a wider point that whilst we continue to wipe out civilians in the middle east,there is going to be a never ending circle of violence ?

Apologies again if that went over your head.

Nothing is going over my head, you arrogant simpleton. I simply don't buy into your terrorist logic.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Firstly, it was in Afghanistan, which isn't the Middle East. Secondly, as you point out it was the USA who was responsible, so even if we buy into your perverted logic, attacking BRITISH civilians in response for something America did would be like attacking Portugal for something Brazil did.

How? 

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Firstly, it was in Afghanistan, which isn't the Middle East. Secondly, as you point out it was the USA who was responsible, so even if we buy into your perverted logic, attacking BRITISH civilians in response for something America did would be like attacking Portugal for something Brazil did.

Syria actually...checks map.

Yep terrorists have never once before seen the UK as a close ally of America.

Perverted logic?

Arf

Shouldnt be ranting on again about personal abuse?

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Because we're not America? A shocking revelation, I know.

You do know we are allies with America and have been in many joint operations in the middle east and Afghanistan in recent history? That makes us as legitimate target, that's even assuming the attack yesterday was connected to the drone strike (I strongly suspect it wasn't and yesterday had been planned for ages just like the Paris attacks) 

37 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

So America wiping out innocent civilians in the middle easy had absolutely no relevance to terrorist attacks in the uk

Gotcha 

If they’d tried to bomb the us embassy, maybe an American airline or even an American store or fast food chain I may be able to go with it.  As it was a hospital in Liverpool I’m afraid not.  

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You do know we are allies with America and have been in many joint operations in the middle east and Afghanistan in recent history? That makes us as legitimate target, that's even assuming the attack yesterday was connected to the drone strike (I strongly suspect it wasn't and yesterday had been planned for ages just like the Paris attacks) 

It really doesn't, and besides which, terrorists are not legitimate operators, so they have no legitimate targets.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It really doesn't, and besides which, terrorists are not legitimate operators, so they have no legitimate targets.

It really does and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise (and even more ridiculous to compare a US/UK alliance with Portugal/Brazil), but agreed about 'legitimate' let's leave that term for professional militaries.  

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Plus, they’ve said before countless times they just hate us. They hate our way of life our values and see that as a legitimate reason for killing us.  

So the west,be it us or America, bombing civilians in the middle east,has no relevance to terrorist attacks here?

They would carry them out anyway?

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

So the west,be it us or America, bombing civilians in the middle east,has no relevance to terrorist attacks here?

I think they would, that’s the awful truth.  The 9/11 terrorists were going to flight school long before the Iraq or Afghan invasions. 

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Tell me more about how withdrawing from the Middle East would stop Isis's goal of a worldwide caliphate.

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

"Are you a scous-uh?" 

You're certainly fucking not! 

I was getting more and more angry watching that, heart-warming to see every scouse account below taking the piss out of them. Notice Jimmy Saville get brought into it when they were struggling? Absolute dickheads who do not represent this city whatsoever. 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It really does and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise (and even more ridiculous to compare a US/UK alliance with Portugal/Brazil), but agreed about 'legitimate' let's leave that term for professional militaries.  

He is just ignoring the wider point that there is without a shadow of a doubt a connection between,the west actions on the middle east and the completely coincidental rise in attacks at home.