You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car bomb at the women’s hospital

Red74

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, it amazes me too. But at the same time, it's not surprising.

I don't have bogeymen, just probability theory. When I first heard there was a bomb at the women's hospital, my initial thought was anti-abortionists. When more facts began to emerge, it became clear it was much more likely to be something else, and indeed that is what it has turned out to be.

It's a scary thing if people aren't allowed to draw obvious conclusions from reality, simply because it may offend someone else's sensibilities.

Or at least have an even playing field. Like we can all wildly speculate when we don't know our arse from our elbow or non of us can. 

I kept my mouth shut because I error towards the latter. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve read a theory that only the detonator went off and not the main explosive which is why it was a relatively small blast. It was pretty small compared to other car bombs. The car was largely intact. 

If the windows were open it might have reduced the power of the blast. I'm not an explosives expert. 

9 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Just heard the counter terrorist police boss on radio Merseyside say that the passengers destination was given ad the hospital,and not the cathedral as some have speculated 

Adds more doubt to the reasoning behind it, I mean if the original destination had been the Cathedral you'd jump to the conclusion that it was some loon trying to cause trouble on rememberance day, but the hospital?

I've never been a fan of the Women's when they've treated family, but fucked if I'm going to try and blow the place up or something equally daft.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve read a theory that only the detonator went off and not the main explosive which is why it was a relatively small blast. It was pretty small compared to other car bombs. The car was largely intact. 

That's what i was thinking. When you look at the absolute lack of damage to cars parked a few feet away from the blast, it's quite telling. Usually windows are blown out of cars and buildings nearby, certainly that was the case when the RA were being cheeky scamps back in the day.  

11 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Adds more doubt to the reasoning behind it, I mean if the original destination had been the Cathedral you'd jump to the conclusion that it was some loon trying to cause trouble on rememberance day, but the hospital?

I've never been a fan of the Women's when they've treated family, but fucked if I'm going to try and blow the place up or something equally daft.

You are right nothing about this seems clear. Any answers we get just seem to lead to more questions.  

14 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why would anyone even a loon, want to blow up a woman's hospital? The Liverpool's Women is a great hossie. My ma used to come over from the Isle of Man for treatment she couldnt get over there for her leukemia. Very, very strange.

16 minutes ago, Mudface said:

He might have been banging on about Bramley Moore Dock and sending Norwegians on the wrong bus.

Or did that thing when as soon as you shut the door and tell them the destination, they lean over and put 75p on the meter without the car moving an inch. That drives me insane. Now I see why he did it. 

20 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

That's what i was thinking. When you look at the absolute lack of damage to cars parked a few feet away from the blast, it's quite telling. Usually windows are blown out of cars and buildings nearby, certainly that was the case when the RA were being cheeky scamps back in the day.  

That would explain why the bomb squad were there for hours afterwards too. If the cunt was still strapped to explosives then they’d need to make it safe before anyone could remove him. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That would explain why the bomb squad were there for hours afterwards too. If the cunt was still strapped to explosives then they’d need to make it safe before anyone could remove him. 

Thought he was still in hiding after the Fury beatdown.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gMJBQoHJ4E

Won't embed but this is Billy Connollys take on the Glasgow attack years ago 

I remember Frankie Boyle saying that everyone was praising the people who thwarted that attack because they saved hundreds of people from severe burns - but these were Scottish people heading to Spain!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Like putting beans on a full English. The lack of self awareness amongst pro beaners is astonishing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stickman said:

The bomber obviously deserved everything he got but I'm just a bit uncomfortable with all the lunchtime news channels showing effectively a clip of a man burning to death in car. 

I think there's a time and a place for showing stuff like that

Already dead probably or was he moving? Naughty on lunchtime telly as you say.

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

The bomber obviously deserved everything he got but I'm just a bit uncomfortable with all the lunchtime news channels showing effectively a clip of a man burning to death in car. 

I think there's a time and a place for showing stuff like that

He's gone, get over it.

• Upvote 1