You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car bomb at the women’s hospital

Red74

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

I'm not sure how many of them are that sophisticated tbh.

That one in london,he just attacked people with a knife and hasn't there been a few where they just drove vans at people.

Whereas the one in Paris seemed to be much much coordinated. 

Maybe they are just all separate cells with different methods?

Maybe the more organised it is the easier it is for the plod to suss out their plan and stop it. 

Random small groups of amateurs with vans/knives/cheap home made bombs are harder to catch. 

One point on the cabbie. It looks like he may have performed a heroic deed. But, by doing that, he's also been subjected to a highly stressful, life changing event. Has anybody considered that he might not want his name and image posted all over social media in the immediate aftermath of this traumatic event? Some people might be doing it to show gratitude, but there does seem to be a bit of the whole social media "I knew something before you did" thing about it too. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

These anti-vaxxers, eh.

Well done for being right Strontz. The only person on here whose main aim was to be right as opposed to the rest of us more concerned who/why and when next regardless of the perpetrators. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Well done for being right Strontz. The only person on here whose main aim was to be right as opposed to the rest of us more concerned who/why and when next regardless of the perpetrators. 

I wouldn't have given that much of a shit if I hadn't been negged, abused and called a racist simply for applying Occam's Razor.

Still, I'm glad we recognise what is important here, which is that I was right.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I wouldn't have given that much of a shit if I hadn't been negged, abused and called a racist simply for applying Occam's Razor.

Still, I'm glad we recognise what is important here, which is that I was right.

Decent people wait for facts before jumping in to "round up the usual suspects".

(I apologise for the deep emotional trauma caused by the suggestion that your behaviour is ever less than perfectly decent and logical.)

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Actually some people were saying it was anti-vaxers as I recall. 

My point being that whilst people were of course speculating (completely normal with things like this) SD just wanted to be right and that's all he was arsed about. Personally I suggested maybe it might be an anti-abortion nutter but was really hoping it was a car malfunction.