You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Football Commentator?

YorkshireRed

Favourite Football Commentator?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One.

• John Motson
    • Barry Davies
    • Tony Gubba
    • Kenneth Wolstenholme
    • Martin Tyler
    • Archie Macpherson
    • Gerald Sinstadt
    • John Helm
    • Mike Ingham
    • Alan Green
    • Peter Jones
    • Brian Butler
    • Sam Matterface
    • Brian Moore
    • Alan Parry
    • Other?

Radio - Alan Green (he lives near me)

TV - Motson/Moore

Modern commentators are all a bit meh and love the sound of their own voice.

Much prefer the option of turning commentary off and just watching the game unfold. 

After we won in Istanbul, someone on here put up the Radio City commentary mixed with Bowies Heroes over a video of the games best moments. 

To this day, it’s still the most emotional thing I’ve ever seen. My lad was only a baby at the time and he’d sit on my knee watching it over and over again with me while I used to cry my eyes out with joy. 

I found the commentary but could never find the one from here with the video. If anyone can find it I’ll PayPal a case of beer / whatever you drink to you.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Seen a few shout up Motson.

Personally i think he was shite...massively overrated IMO.

Cliched, talked a load of shite and waffled on and certainly as he got older became a parody of himself.

I might be in a minority here, but just never liked him.

He was great imo during the late 70's and throughout the 80's. Agree with his later years.