You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Nov 6-7 2021)

tlw content

A pretty mad weekend this one. Chelsea held at home, we lost, Norwich won and then sacked their manager, Villa sacked a manager too but Manchester United didn’t. Funny old game.

The Manc derby was a huge damp squib. It ended 2-0 but City played the entire second half in first gear. They did the same thing we did after Pogba was sent off, the only difference being we were 5-0 at the time and they would have been but for De Gea.

United have been killed in both of these games. They absolutely had their pants pulled down and their arses smacked. They aren’t competitive, these two matches were so lopsided it’s incredible that Solskjaer is still in a job. At least when they played us their players showed a bit of anger and frustration. Against City they didn’t even look like it upset them.

One yellow card, for Ronaldo. The rest of them never even laid a glove on City, much to the disgust of an incredulous Roy Keane who said “When I wasn’t having a good game I’d smash into somebody just to make myself feel better”. At least against us they got ratty and tried to kick us. This was meek as fuck.

I just think their players know they have no chance because of the way they are being coached. Players know when they’re being well coached or when the manager doesn’t have a fucking clue. They all know that when they come up against us or City they’re taking a water pistol to a gun fight. They have to try and compete against world class players who have been drilled in a certain way of playing by the best coaches in the world, while they’re just basically going out and winging it.

Because they definitely aren’t being competently coached, that much is clear. They’re the only team in the league that hasn’t scored from a set-piece this season even though they have two of the most aerially dominant players around in Maguire and Ronaldo. Set-pieces are all about coaching and practice and for United to be so inept at them is yet another indictment of how utterly useless Solskjaer is. 

It’s virtually impossible for those players to compete when the extent of their manager’s tactical knowledge appears to be “we need to be tighter at the back today lads, so I’ll bring in an extra centre back”. Then when they’re 2-0 down its “we’re losing here lads so we need to be more attacking. I’m taking off the extra centre back”. Because honestly, that’s what happened here. It really is that simple. That’s what he did. 

He wanted to be tighter at the back and thought the only way to do that was to add another defender. Never mind the fact that the opposition play with no striker and pack the midfield. No, good ol’ OGS left “McFred” in there in on their own, while Maguire, Bailly and Lindelof stood around scratching their balls with nobody to mark. 

Where has that whole “McFred” thing come from by the way. I assume it’s like a Jedward reference because they come as a pair and you never see one without the other. United may as well have picked Jedward in midfield for this as they couldn’t have been any more ineffective. I don’t blame Fred or McTominay for that as they had no fucking chance. They were on a hiding to nothing because their manager is a complete pudding.

Bailly put through his own net after just six minutes. He later posted a picture of it on social media, which was an interesting move. De Gea was the only thing standing between United and another mullering. City were just as dominant as we were but they weren’t as clinical. 

Bernardo Silva made it 2-0 on the stroke of half time when he caught Luke Shaw daydreaming about his half time Big Mac and stole in at the back post. De Gea should have done better too but it’s hard to be too critical of him considering how many saves he made.

Shaw was knocked out in the second half after a bang to the head. The medical staff came out and were trying to bring him back around but didn’t have any smelling salts. Should have just asked one of the venders to bring a hot dog to wave under his nose. He came back on and played for a few minutes before having to go off, clearly concussed. Footy needs to get its shit together on concussions because this happens too often. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic
  • dave u unpinned this topic