You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best goal ever scored at Anfield?

dave u

Barnes late winner v Villa in 1990.

Probably because I was there... everyone was settling for a draw in a performance from us that got worse as the afternoon progressed.

And then something out of nowhere from Barnes.  It felt like it happened in slow motion.

Bad footage unfortunately.

In the last 30 years, you'd find it very difficult to pick anything that wasn't scored by Steven Gerrard. 

I've lost counts of the amount of worldies he scored. 

But some goals spring to mind

His first goal for us, against Sheffield Wednesday, when dribbled past about 4 players before slotting it home. 

He scored a great long range goal against utd when barthez was in goal for them. We won 2 or 3-1. 

His Olympicos goal, obvs as the kids say. 

That other long range volley against Middlesbrough, the week after Rooney scored that great volley against Newcastle. 

Another few great ones would be the Riise free kick against utd. 

Suarez had a great header against Norwich that never gets a mention, it was literally on the edge of the box and headed it into the top corner. 

Salahs late winner against Chelsea was another super goal. 

Our first goal against red bull salzburg, was it Robbo I think? Really excellent team goal. 

Bobby has another one that I thought was excellent, a volley against Swansea, but because we lost it gets forgotten about. He controlled a cross from the wing on his chest, and volleyed it into the corner. A worthy winning goal, but we let some soft ones in afterwards. 

I'm sure there's plenty more

Had to find the one with Tyler on comms as that adds more to it instead of that screaming prick and his pretend commentary on LFCTV.

I was in the corner of the ARE and Centenary when Crouchy slammed this in. Some great memories going to all the home CL games that season.

Danny Agger with a rocket was another favourite in that season. Single life and a better paid job meant I could get to a lot of the games that season. I was in the Kop for this one.

The Torres goal will always be special but Danny Agger hit Blackburn with another rocket. I must have been a lucky charm for Agger as I was nearly always at the game when he scored. I was in the ARE for this one but my view of Torres' was partially obscured.

Jermaine Pennant welcoming back Petr Cech after his head injury. Apart from the two goals I always remember Riise nearly snapping the Kop crossbar with another of his rockets.

Apologies for the shit quality on this one. One of my best nights at Anfield, if not the best.

Picked a lot of these for the memories of being there, but Fowler's goal was the one I wished I'd been there for. Only got to see God when he returned.

I really enjoy the aesthetic of a lob, but looking through our finest colection the examples aren't amongst our very best.

Fowler's against Man Utd, Sturridge against Everton and Salah against Man City were pretty good, was at Anfield for Alonso's versus Newcastle. Those are some of the best. Oh yeah Dossena against Man Utd, though think that might have been at Old Trafford.

48 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I really enjoy the aesthetic of a lob, but looking through our finest colection the examples aren't amongst our very best.

Fowler's against Man Utd, Sturridge against Everton and Salah against Man City were pretty good, was at Anfield for Alonso's versus Newcastle. Those are some of the best. Oh yeah Dossena against Man Utd, though think that might have been at Old Trafford.

I know it’s Anfield but Terry Macs chip against the shite at Maine Road in 77 was a beauty.

36 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I know it’s Anfield but Terry Macs chip against the shite at Maine Road in 77 was a beauty.

It's my favourite ever goal, that. The ball just takes forever to go in, and Lawson is clutching at thin air. It's a thing of absolute beauty. The one he scored at Pittodrie in 81 isn't too shabby either.

9 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Barnes late winner v Villa in 1990.

Probably because I was there... everyone was settling for a draw in a performance from us that got worse as the afternoon progressed.

And then something out of nowhere from Barnes.  It felt like it happened in slow motion.

Bad footage unfortunately.

I remember that

All afternoon the brummie scruffs had been singing England reject at him

Karma.

6 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

In the last 30 years, you'd find it very difficult to pick anything that wasn't scored by Steven Gerrard. 

I've lost counts of the amount of worldies he scored. 

But some goals spring to mind

His first goal for us, against Sheffield Wednesday, when dribbled past about 4 players before slotting it home. 

He scored a great long range goal against utd when barthez was in goal for them. We won 2 or 3-1. 

His Olympicos goal, obvs as the kids say. 

That other long range volley against Middlesbrough, the week after Rooney scored that great volley against Newcastle. 

Another few great ones would be the Riise free kick against utd. 

Suarez had a great header against Norwich that never gets a mention, it was literally on the edge of the box and headed it into the top corner. 

Salahs late winner against Chelsea was another super goal. 

Our first goal against red bull salzburg, was it Robbo I think? Really excellent team goal. 

Bobby has another one that I thought was excellent, a volley against Swansea, but because we lost it gets forgotten about. He controlled a cross from the wing on his chest, and volleyed it into the corner. A worthy winning goal, but we let some soft ones in afterwards. 

I'm sure there's plenty more

That one gerrard scored against utd was a beast

• dave u pinned this topic
  • dave u unpinned this topic