You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerald Sinstadt

Bellflower

Remember that time he was commentating after one of our games and he played “The Party’s Over” after we got beat and we then proceeded to win all kinds for years afterwards.
A real “You never win anything with kids” moment.

He worked for Granada and I never really felt he was overly biased, although a few seemed to think he liked United and not us.

Always thought he was decent as a commentator.

Old school along the lines of Wolstenholme, Brian Moore, Coleman etc..

91. RIP.

Just now, coachpotato said:

Remember that time he was commentating after one of our games and he played “The Party’s Over” after we got beat and we then proceeded to win all kinds for years afterwards.

He worked for Granada and I never really felt he was overly biased, although a few seemed to think he liked United and not us.

91. RIP.

I think he was a City fan.

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Long time Granada tv football comentator for those young uns out there. Believe he started out commentating for British Forces radio before getting the Granada gig.

Will never forget his 'Ooooh what a goal!' for Mc Dermott's goal in the 6-0 win against Spurs.

RIP Gerald.

7-0

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Brilliant commenter. 

They were all much better in them days imo. Today they seem to just talk for the sake of it and often get in each other way. 

Summed up after the first goal by how much dead air time(nearly 15 seconds) he gives and just let's the atmosphere tell the story

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, coachpotato said:

91. RIP.

That was after Forest knocked us out the European Cup, then whenever Granada turned up to do are match and we were giving somebody a shellacking the Kop would sing "the party's only just begun"

Bit unfair for anybody to say he hated us and comparing him to Tyler, unlike Tyler he didn't sound like he was having root canal surgery when we scored, I mean just listen to him when Fairclough scored a last minute winner v the Bitters

And Kick Off was a great football show on a Friday night 

RIP to a great old school commenter ...

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

What a night that was.

it was.  I'd gone there straight from school (no I wasn't a teacher) to make sure I got into the Kop. There were queues already at 5pm.    Apart from the final of that same year, that was the most memorable experience I've enjoyed as a supporter.  The atmosphere was the best ever. 

• Upvote 2