You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has any one ever...? Tell us about it.

Carvalho Diablo

16 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Has anyone ever...been chased?

I remember getting out of a taxi in town years ago. Looked to the left of me and a dog was just staring at me. I backed away then did a little jog back round the cab and all of a sudden the fucking thing started chasing me. I think I glided down them steps outside St Johns precinct. I just kept going through Williamson Square, finally turned round and it was nowhere to be seen. Probably started chasing some other cunt. I haven't worn Davidoff Coolwater since. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Has anyone ever...been wrong on THE INTERNET?!

I once predicted that David Haye's title fight against Klitschko had absolutely no chance of being anything other than ace and went out to Germany to watch it. 

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Has anyone…nearly given up supporting Liverpool? 

My love for the unmentionable in general is no more, certainly it’s modern day incarnation. 

For Liverpool though, it still burns bright. The relationship is different. I haven’t been to a match in a few years and I can put defeats into perspective a little better.

I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t head over heels in love with Liverpool though and I don’t think that will ever change.

18 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Has anyone ever...been chased?

Yes, in Australia by an aborigine I was trying to give money to because I thought he was begging. Apparently he just wanted a fight and it was only my second day in the country. Suffice to say I'd been on the ale all night and had no fucking idea what to do. So I legged it. And so did he for about 3 minutes before he gave up and picked on someone else.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Has any one ever...fostered a child?

I've known a girl for nearly 40 years who used to foster. I haven't seen her for a couple of years, so whether she still does or not I don't know.

I think it takes a special breed to be able to deal with the problems some of these kids have and to be able to wave goodbye when you're not needed anymore. Amazing people.

She's a fantastic person, very kind, caring and very strong. A lot stronger than I am, because I know I couldn't do it.

Hearts of gold the people who do this vital thing.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I've known a girl for nearly 40 years who used to foster. I haven't seen her for a couple of years, so whether she still does or not I don't know.

I think it takes a special breed to be able to deal with the problems some of these kids have and to be able to wave goodbye when you're not needed anymore. Amazing people.

She's a fantastic person, very kind, caring and very strong. A lot stronger than I am, because I know I couldn't do it.

Hearts of gold the people who do this vital thing.

Yep, absolute heroes. A lot of these kids come to them from terrible backgrounds and often teenagers without hope, love or care. I worked with a lad who fostered (him and his wife did) and they had some real tough times but always carried on. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Has any one ever...fostered a child?

My sister and her husband do it. They have two of their own but have fostered around a dozen children, from babies to about ten years of age. 

Some have been relatively short term, others several years. The young lad they have now is likely to remain with them for the foreseeable as he’s not easy and unlikely to be adopted. 

They had a young girl from about two to five years old. My sister wanted to adopt but her husband said no (no blame to him for that). When she finally went my sister was devastated. It hasn’t stopped them though, I couldn’t do it. 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

My sister and her husband do it. They have two of their own but have fostered around a dozen children, from babies to about ten years of age. 

Some have been relatively short term, others several years. The young lad they have now is likely to remain with them for the foreseeable as he’s not easy and unlikely to be adopted. 

They had a young girl from about two to five years old. My sister wanted to adopt but her husband said no (no blame to him for that). When she finally went my sister was devastated. It hasn’t stopped them though, I couldn’t do it. 

lookingthroughthewindow-russell-crowe.gi

• Upvote 2