You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has any one ever...? Tell us about it.

Carvalho Diablo

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

I remember in gym, fellas talking about which prisons they'd been in. 4 bloke's, next question " what nicks you been in kev?" " none"

To be honest they weren't gangsters or roid heads just middle aged fellas.

Go the gym mate yeah? 

I used to know a gangster called Paul Wyatt who spent most of his 20’s and 30’s in prisons. He was a psycho who scared me to death but for some reason he took a shine to me.  When inside he’d take part in prize fights, bare knuckle with no rules.  He’d spend all his time in the gym and take steroids.   

He made big money, about quarter of an inch too big and was happy to let his girlfriend take the rap for that when a few grand in fake £50s was found in his freezer.  

I’ve said before he once turned up at a mates with a blood stained rug in his boot and asked my mate to put it in his bin. 

Always said he’d like to take up chess. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Has anyone ever...been reduced to tears in public?

Yes - a few times. I’m a sensitive soul.

I’d been interviewed for a promotion at the last company I held down a proper job in. To be honest, I only went for it because I felt I had to show willing. Never expected to get it, the person who did get it was a ‘shoe in’ and by then I was running on fumes anyway.

I actually interviewed pretty well but I had some challenging moments off the pitch in between the interview and being told I didn’t get it. 

The tears just came from nowhere, hugely embarrassing. Of course, everyone assumed it was because I didn’t get the job. It really wasn’t. 

Looking back, it was just one of a number of signals I ignored that should have hit home that I was in trouble. Naturally I let it get a lot worse before it got better. Fully better it never got. 

Not crying at my cousins funeral just before this and not crying at my dads funeral not long after this were also signs. 

These days I’ll cry at anything. My cousin appeared next to Tony Blair on the Blair v Brown documentary I watched. He was a photographer and was clear as day on the screen. The footage would have been from around 2007, he died suddenly in 2017 aged 53. I cried the tears I should have shed at his funeral. 

• Upvote 8

46 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Has anyone ever...been reduced to tears in public?

Not full on crying, but there are two occasions that really got to me where the tears fell.

At Anfield when I went to lay flowers for those who died at Hillsborough. I wasn't alone in that, and when I went to lay flowers on the corner of Cherry Lane for little Jamie Bulger. 

I wasn't alone in that either, and a few funerals, but not at my Dads strangely.

Some tears of joy too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Has anyone ever...been involved in a long running dispute with a neighbour?

Yeah, once as a kid with a few assaults and plenty of criminal damage going both ways. 

One more recently as an adult that was much more petty in nature. 

I won both times and I won’t hear otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I used to know a gangster called Paul Wyatt who spent most of his 20’s and 30’s in prisons. He was a psycho who scared me to death but for some reason he took a shine to me.  When inside he’d take part in prize fights, bare knuckle with no rules.  He’d spend all his time in the gym and take steroids.   

He made big money, about quarter of an inch too big and was happy to let his girlfriend take the rap for that when a few grand in fake £50s was found in his freezer.  

I’ve said before he once turned up at a mates with a blood stained rug in his boot and asked my mate to put it in his bin. 

Always said he’d like to take up chess. 

If this is the same chap, he’s doing another 10 years for drug dealing. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

If this is the same chap, he’s doing another 10 years for drug dealing. 

He only has one trade. Although there is a bloke from Cardiff area with the same name. The one I know will be about 50ish and built like a bulldog.  

This is his missus. His freezer often had about £10k of coke on it too.  

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/master-forger-sent-to-prison-1075130.amp

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He only has one trade. Although there is a bloke from Cardiff area with the same name. The one I know will be about 50ish and built like a bulldog.  

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/master-forger-sent-to-prison-1075130.amp

I think this one is the Welsh version. 

10 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes - a few times. I’m a sensitive soul.

I’d been interviewed for a promotion at the last company I held down a proper job in. To be honest, I only went for it because I felt I had to show willing. Never expected to get it, the person who did get it was a ‘shoe in’ and by then I was running on fumes anyway.

I actually interviewed pretty well but I had some challenging moments off the pitch in between the interview and being told I didn’t get it. 

The tears just came from nowhere, hugely embarrassing. Of course, everyone assumed it was because I didn’t get the job. It really wasn’t. 

Looking back, it was just one of a number of signals I ignored that should have hit home that I was in trouble. Naturally I let it get a lot worse before it got better. Fully better it never got. 

Not crying at my cousins funeral just before this and not crying at my dads funeral not long after this were also signs. 

These days I’ll cry at anything. My cousin appeared next to Tony Blair on the Blair v Brown documentary I watched. He was a photographer and was clear as day on the screen. The footage would have been from around 2007, he died suddenly in 2017 aged 53. I cried the tears I should have shed at his funeral. 

This is a good post. In a world of blokes, arguing about Brexit, COVID and beans, this stands out. Keep going, you’re ok (ish). 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve just realised that they didn’t get done for the £20’s or the £50’s. One of my mates bought 3 x £20’s for £10 and immediately spent one in our local.