You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has any one ever...? Tell us about it.

Carvalho Diablo

26 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I've been to Scheveningen high security prison twice as a visitor to drop some books and chocolate and that off for a mate. It's full of warlords, international drug barons and war criminals. Still, it's just out of Den Haag so not too far of a travel. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-18084974

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hague-hilton-the-jail-that-houses-some-of-the-world-s-most-notorious-warlords-1.544460

What’s your mate in for?

20 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Has anyone ever received a fridge magnet off Dave ??

I blagged one off him just to piss Indian Red off. 
It’s still on my mates fridge now. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve crashed a fair few cars in my time both on the road and on the track. Once on a track day I got an award for the person who span off the most at the highest speeds. It’s right up there as one of my proudest moments. In my head I’m a much quicker driver than the reality of my mediocre ability. 

You'd drive more carefully if you had a Bentley.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You look different to how I expected you would i real life 

image.jpg

As an aside, did you hear a while ago that she's now minted because of that picture; something to do with non-fungible thingies or whatever?

Edit

Her name's Zoë Roth and she got half a million for smirking at a fire.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/29/arts/disaster-girl-meme-nft.html

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

As an aside, did you hear a while ago that she's now minted because of that picture; something to do with non-fungible thingies or whatever?

Edit

Her name's Zoë Roth and she got half a million for smirking at a fire.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/29/arts/disaster-girl-meme-nft.html

Hahaha what the fuck?! Fair play to the little pyromaniac cunt 

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Attempted murder. Which is why he was in there. 

Think it got downgraded to some sort of assault eventually though as he wasn't in for that long. 

Jarv Van Si 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Have you ever...represented your country at anything?

I haven’t, but my missus did triathlon for GB, and 10 years ago - before we met - competed at a world and European triathlon events in the “age group” categories - so not the open, elite level, but still impressive enough, and got to compete in Budapest, Spain and even the Gold Coast event in Aus.

I’m secretly impressed by her exploits, but I also enjoy playing her up and reminding her that she “came last but one in the whole world”

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I haven’t, but my missus did triathlon for GB, and 10 years ago - before we met - competed at a world and European triathlon events in the “age group” categories - so not the open, elite level, but still impressive enough, and got to compete in Budapest, Spain and even the Gold Coast event in Aus.

I’m secretly impressed by her exploits, but I also enjoy playing her up and reminding her that she “came last but one in the whole world”

My dad has done triathlon for GB in the over 70s. Came 4th then 1st in the European Championship. Don't think there's that many people that age daft enough to do it like. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Has anyone ever been taken hostage or been caught in a hold up situation?

Not a very interesting story, but I was caught in an armed robbery of a Sainsbury’s local once.

Had my headphones on loud so couldn’t hear a thing, walked around the store minding my own not really noticing people cowering behind shelves. It wasn’t until I turned around and there was a sown off pointing in my face with a guy screaming, inaudibly remember the headphones, at me about something which he was very vexed about.

I removed my headphones and and if I could just pay and leave?

I assume the shock/adrenaline whatever had kicked in.

He said ‘yeah’

So I just used the self serve tills as they continued their robbery.

Odd all round.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I've been to Scheveningen high security prison twice as a visitor to drop some books and chocolate and that off for a mate. It's full of warlords, international drug barons and war criminals. Still, it's just out of Den Haag so not too far of a travel. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-18084974

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hague-hilton-the-jail-that-houses-some-of-the-world-s-most-notorious-warlords-1.544460

I’ve been to Scheveningen pier. Odd thing. Think I prefer that to the prison to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Has anyone ever been taken hostage or been caught in a hold up situation?

I once had a gun play pulled on me when I ignored a guy who was trying to interrupt my moves on a girl at a party.

We were outside and it caused a bit of a scene. I didn’t see it but my mate says he made a run for it, doing zig zag movements so as not to be shot in the back. 

I didn’t get so much as a sympathy hand job from the girl.

I also wasn’t murdered. 

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I once had a gun play pulled on me when I ignored a guy who was trying to interrupt my moves on a girl at a party.

We were outside and it caused a bit of a scene. I didn’t see it but my mate says he made a run for it, doing zig zag movements so as not to be shot in the back. 

I also wasn’t murdered. 

nights out in Cas are pretty special.

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 20:43, Remmie said:

I was scuba diving near Maya Bay in Thailand. I also saw a turtle. The shark was about 6 foot so not a particularly dangerous one. 

The hot air balloon was with my wife for her birthday, we saw Milton Keynes from the air. I can already feel the envy. 

The 3 pocket story is too racy for this forum. 

To be fair i see the head of one every day. Or i at least know it's there. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I also wasn’t murdered. 

My American mate at Uni had a real Magnum handgun but no ammunition. This was pre Dunblane of course. Given to him by his crazy dad as part of his going away to university kit. We used to drive around pointing it at pedestrians out of the car window and re enacting car chases. Different times.