You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has any one ever...? Tell us about it.

Carvalho Diablo

58 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Has anyone ever...been in prison?

I visited my mates brother in Altcourse when I was home on leave from the Navy while I was still in training. I felt awful when he was asking me how it was and stuff, at that time in our lives all that we had in common was seeing plenty of cocks in the showers. Grim place, and that was just visiting. They should walk teenage brats around a prison and show them where they'll end up if they don't stop being a prick. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Has anyone ever...been caught out committing adultery?

Got served divorce papers at work from my wife’s husband at the time. Also I know someone who survived a plane crash unfortunately her baby daughter didn’t.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Has anyone ever completed a Panini sticker album without having to send off for stickers?

Yeah, there was a boss stall in Tuebrook Market in the 80s which sold surplus magazines at a massive discount. The powers that be put the kibosh on that eventually, and unsold periodicals just get pulped now. But back then they would also sell stickers, and you could get a full box of stickers with a few albums dead cheap.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Has anyone ever...been in prison?

Been in - as in locked up, no.

Been in - as in physically set foot inside, yeah. I did some surveying work at HMP Peterhead about a decade ago as 3 prisoners there were being a case through the court of human rights because of the conditions in there, as it’s a place barely modernised since it was built in Victorian times and was then (maybe still is I don’t know) the last UK prison where prisoners had to “slop out” and empty their own shit buckets.

It was a thoroughly oppressive place to be - not least because it snowed on the drive from Aberdeen both mornings in bloody May, but mainly because it’s such a a bleak, grey and cold landscape, with this giant Victorian compound of buildings.

• Upvote 1