You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Classic" films that you have never seen.

Total Longo

Loads for me. From actual bona-fide old school classics like "Citizen Kane" and "Casablanca" up to 80's and beyond films such as "Top Gun", "Rain Man", "Dances With Wolves" and "A Beautiful Mind". 

Never seen them and i doubt i ever will. Top Gun is a particular favourite of mine, people seem to react incredulously when i state i've never seen it. It just looks like a load of posers flying around and taking their tops off.  To be fair i do seem to have an aversion to Tom Cruise films, which probably doesn't help. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Total Longo said:

Loads for me. From actual bona-fide old school classics like "Citizen Kane" and "Casablanca" up to 80's and beyond films such as "Top Gun", "Rain Man", "Dances With Wolves" and "A Beautiful Mind". 

Never seen them and i doubt i ever will. Top Gun is a particular favourite of mine, people seem to react incredulously when i state i've never seen it. It just looks like a load of posers flying around and taking their tops off.  To be fair i do seem to have an aversion to Tom Cruise films, which probably doesn't help. 

I've never got round to watching Citizen Kane either. Another classic I've never seen is On the Waterfront.I

I've recorded them in the past with the intention of watching them because they're so highly rated, but never got round to them, yet sometimes a film will come on that I've seen loads of times before and watch it again.

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

I've never got round to watching Citizen Kane either. Another classic I've never seen is On the Waterfront.I

I've recorded them in the past with the intention of watching them because they're so highly rated, but never got round to them, yet sometimes a film will come on that I've seen loads of times before and watch it again.

Oh yeah i totally agree with that, i've lost count of the amount of times i've caught the last hour of Pulp Fiction or Where Eagles Dare and just luxuriated in it's brilliance. 

I've got a few recorded from about two Christmasses ago on the Sky Q that i've never got around to watching. "Waterloo" and "The Manchurian Candidate (original)" are the two that leap out.   

I need to watch a lot of the big Westerns.

I've never seen The Good The Bad & The Ugly, which is a fucking disgrace I know.

I'm not a huge fan of really old films, pre-Brando so I've no great desire to see a lot of them although I do like Citizen Kane.

Just now, Mook said:

I need to watch a lot of the big Westerns.

I've never seen The Good The Bad & The Ugly, which is a fucking disgrace I know.

I'm not a huge fan of really old films, pre-Brando so I've no great desire to see a lot of them although I do like Citizen Kane.

I'm the same with pre 1960 films. Vertigo and The Wages of Fear are the only two that i can think of that i've seen and really like. Also, i'm probably in the minority but i found The Good The Bad & The Ugly a bit hit and miss. I much preferred Once Upon A Time in the West.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ken Robber said:

Always get an earful from my American friends when I mention I've never seen the breakfast club. Makes me want to continue not watching it out of spite. 

Plus that Simple Minds song does me head in

Probably the best thing about it. Unless you are 15.

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Another vote for Citizen Kane and On The Waterfront never being watched. They just don't appeal to me whatsoever and look really dated. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If you dismiss Raging Bull and cite Rocky as it's superior you don't deserve to watch it. Shameful stuff.

I'd rather listen to Michael Jackson than Mozart, music experts could explain to me at length the mechanics of why I'm wrong, quavers and all that business, but it doesn't change the fact that that's simply what I prefer. 

Rocky films (after the first one) are pop music. I like pop music. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'd rather listen to Michael Jackson than Mozart, music experts could explain to me at length the mechanics of why I'm wrong, quavers and all that business, but it doesn't change the fact that that's simply what I prefer. 

Rocky films (after the first one) are pop music. I like pop music. 

Well everybody since Mozart,Bach,Beethoven et al has just copied and tweaked their stuff ever since.