You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) - Sun 7th Nov 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

20 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah exactly. 4 points behind Chelsea and one behind City. I'm more pissed about Brighton and Brentford to be honest. Yesterday, we got turned over by a good side away from home with more than half our team being shocking. We just need to cop on fast and we can win the league. We are lucky because City of 2-3 years ago would already be out of sight.

FSG aren't responsible for lads not being picked up at corners, Trent leaving acres of space behind him, Robbo delivering countless shite balls. They aren't responsible for the usual iron clad axis of Matip-Virgil-Fabinho-Hendo looking porous. They are responsible for delivering the likes of Bellingham next summer. I suppose the bench/squad is on them to be fair - they have got lucky that Elliott, Jones and Kelleher are very good and Tsimikas looks like a really good player in the making as well but we don't have any great depth of quality. They seem to think that Jurgen can keep turning water into wine. Still, yesterday was on our usual stars who are wildly inconcistent at the monent. 

Coming through the next few weeks within touching distance is crucial. From my memory we have some nasty looking aways that right now seem very tough. Just do the basics and we will be okay.

Bellingham et al 'next' summer? We should have been signing those players when we were champions and not three transfer windows later when we failed to defend our title because we didnt add to our squad. We could be level on titles with United now and going back towards being the team with the most titles. We will be lucky if it happens again post Klopp.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Bellingham et al 'next' summer? We should have been signing those players when we were champions and not three transfer windows later when we failed to defend our title because we didnt add to our squad. We could be level on titles with United now and going back towards being the team with the most titles. We will be lucky if it happens again post Klopp.

I don't disagree one bit with you but we can't turn back previous transfer windows. 

There will and should be a lot of eyes on FSG. The team clearly needs some dynamism, even if we do win the league or Champions League this season.

My point is that Sunday was on top players playing shite. That is something that the team can control. 

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I don't disagree one bit with you but we can't turn back previous transfer windows. 

There will and should be a lot of eyes on FSG. The team clearly needs some dynamism, even if we do win the league or Champions League this season.

My point is that Sunday was on top players playing shite. That is something that the team can control. 

Yeah,but its largely the same team that we had three seasons ago and you always need to spice it up. Especially from a position of strength,when we were champions.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

No keepers "flatten" people anymore. It's pretty much decided now you don't knee an attacker in the back or punch them in the face and on the other side, keepers are generally protected from contact. You can't compare what keepers do now to what you could do 40 years ago, or whatever. 

Jordan Pickford?

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

At 18 out of the Championship?

Well Yes, that's when we should be trying it's not as if Jurgen doesn't play the youngsters.  Now he's 3 times as much and even Utd were in for him at the time.

If any club should be in for these younger players it's us as they'll actually get game time if they're good enough which Bellingham clearly is.

48 minutes ago, J-V said:

Well Yes, that's when we should be trying it's not as if Jurgen doesn't play the youngsters.  Now he's 3 times as much and even Utd were in for him at the time.

If any club should be in for these younger players it's us as they'll actually get game time if they're good enough which Bellingham clearly is.

Bellingham was nowhere near the player he is now and our best prospect at the time was an 18 year old CM.

20 mil on a Championship player. People would have moaned like fuck if we had done that.

Our problem is we don't sign anyone. We wait and wait, monitoring players and then do fuck all about it. We could've got Bellingham and Haaland; all we needed to do was promise them a first-team spot. With Haaland, it was obvious how good he was. He was the top scorer in the Champions League group stages. He scored 28 goals in 22 games for Red Bull Salzberg, and he scored against us at Anfield. What more do you want?

That Sulemana is going to be a superstar. Don't let him go to Dortmund or United. Offer him a first-team spot and pay the money that's required. But our owners would rather we lose out on these targets. They're happy when these deals fall through; they have no desire to pay the money in the first place; it's all lip service. That's why Klopp will walk at the end of his contract. Wins the League and the Champions League and they're "backing" him with free transfers from the Championship. Disgraceful.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bellingham was nowhere near the player he is now and our best prospect at the time was an 18 year old CM.

20 mil on a Championship player. People would have moaned like fuck if we had done that.

Bellingham was already a better player than Jones who for whatever reason people seem to cream themselves over.

We wouldn’t have been able to sign Bellingham anyway he supports Utd and turned them down.  That’s not to say we shouldn’t be trying to pick up more cheaper youngsters as we’re doing next to fuck all else.

5 hours ago, J-V said:

Bellingham was already a better player than Jones who for whatever reason people seem to cream themselves over.

We wouldn’t have been able to sign Bellingham anyway he supports Utd and turned them down.  That’s not to say we shouldn’t be trying to pick up more cheaper youngsters as we’re doing next to fuck all else.

We always get criticised on here for kissing frogs like Solanke, in the hope of finding a prince like Elliott. I don't see how signing Bellingham from Birmingham would have been met with anything other than eye-rolls and pictures of yachts.

Wheres our scarf in marvel movies money Bill... I mean John. 

Still irked by this result the absolute inevitability of it. They had us in their pocket, happy to let us play it about and then when they weren't happy with a draw came out played and made us look flimsy. I cant put my finger on why this keeps happening even  with the players we have available which are far superior to Brentford, Brighton and Westhams  we have a much practised system where every player knows their roles and we keep shitting the bed defensively as a team. There's no way they are better coached sides or they can see weakness in our side that we can't. During a game when we see areas we are being exploited we don't seem to address it, just leave it and leave it until we are getting beat. How many corners would westham have to of scored before we put our defenders infront of Allisson to keep theirs off him. Klopps the greatest manager in the world in my opinion but his tiniest flaw is he has too much faith sometimes be it in individuals or games correcting themselves without change. If that's part of what makes him who he is then its an acceptable flaw you take that trade off any day but man it can be annoying.