You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) - Sun 7th Nov 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Just now, El Rojo said:

We’ve done well after the worst possible start and playing against a side with eleven behind the ball. 

We didn't play too well when they decided to take the game to us, Amazed Moyes has them so well organised at the back and on the counter,  He should go for the Utd job 

We dominated where they let us as soon as they lost their lead they came out and made us look vulnerable. That wasn't a good performance. We're a bit weird as a side at the minute. We are probably how good sides should be the 95 plus seasons the last few years from clubs has warped my sense of expectations. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We dominated where they let us as soon as they lost their lead they came out and made us look vulnerable. That wasn't a good performance. We're a bit weird as a side at the minute. We are probably how good sides should be the 95 plus seasons the last few years from clubs has warped my sense of expectations. 

Is right which is what I thought Elite was getting at.

I think we might go on to win this in the second half. 

West Ham still pose a threat on the counter but, a brainfart aside, we've largely bossed this. Robertson needs to improve his service from the left hand side or Tsimikas may have to come on. First sub I'd consider is Thiago for AOC. AOC hasn't been bad but his passing has been a bit sloppy. Thiago is better at those snappy disguised passes in between the lines and these might be needed to break down West Ham if they sit in deep again. 

Have a right go at these in the second half and we can win this. 

Don't get this Alisson should do better

He's getting block off by Antonio and as he goes to punch it away gets elbowed in the shoulder so can't get the ball. 

The idea, he got the ball first went out years ago, if it's excessive force,lunging or endangers an opponent it's a foul. Doesn't matter if you get the ball or not. 

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm.

Not sure what to make of that half. For the first 20-25 minutes, I thought we were all over the place. The VAR checks on their goal plus Ogbonga's injury disrupted us severely.

We gave Alli no protection on that goal. I thought he flapped at it to be honest and looked unconvincing although it could be said he was fouled by Ogbonga. Schmeichel used to get given frre kicks every time for those sorts of challenges and it's not the first time one of our keepers has been fucked over by refs on corners at West Ham. Mig had a forearm smash by carroll and the ref says 'I think he dropped it'!

Not sure what position Trent is playing because he seemed to be in midfield most of the half. Beautiful free kick and nice to see him score that, wish he'd do it more often. But overall, I think he's been poor and he's not the only one. Mo's looking for one touch too many and has Sadio been in the game? Trent nearly let Cresswell in when a ball that was his all day he casually flicked at it but cresswell was aware what he was going to do.

Jurgen needs to change something because our final ball has been poor even if west ham have got a lot of men behind the ball. They looked very dangerous in that 6 minutes added time and hopefully, will be kicking themselves at the end of the game for itting back so much.

We really do play high risk football.

That is why we are either twatting teams or drawing high scoring games.

A bit more control and a bit more measured stuff at times might be useful, but then does that blunt what we are so good at.

Feel it is going to be helter skelter stuff most of the time.

We leave a lot of gaps - we play risky aggressive stuff that when it breaks down we are under pressure from a lot against decent teams and chances happen....but when we get it right we bury teams.

It's getting the risk and reward thing right...we are on right side of it, but you can see how it could easily go wrong as well...