You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atlético Madrid (H) - CL, Wed 3rd Nov 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

5 minutes ago, Boss said:

I didn't mean you specifically Mook when I was talking about the Arsenal thing, I just meant people in general. Besides, it's all subjective, isn't it? I personally am very appreciative of Suarez and what he did for us. 

I loved watching him play for Liverpool as much as anyone Boss, I wouldn't fawn over him though personally and don't see why anyone else should either.

I also have no issue with people wanting to clap him off.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Joe Allen even laughed while in possession of the ball in the middle of derbies. This is as magnificent as any Renaissance painting:

1D17BF87-9BBF-4EDE-ADC6-4B60E1A7D996.jpeg

Except for maybe The School of Athens.

There were some serious football brains in that one.

the-school-of-athens.jpg

2 hours ago, Boss said:

He was the best player in the league in that 12/13 season where he scored 23 goals. He was robbed of the PFA player of the year award because of the fallout of the Evra incident. They gave it to Gareth Bale if memory serves. He should've got about 10 penalties that season but no ref would give him anything. I know it wasn't in that season but do you remember this...

The media came out to justify this decision based on the way Suarez went down, saying it wasn't a penalty because Suarez made a meal of it. United players go down in the box when they feel a breeze, and this was an NFL style collision in the box where Ox got zero of the ball. This was what we had to deal with week in week out.

You have to judge Suarez's time here prefaced on the fact he was the most hated player that ever played in the league, and virtually everyone, from the refs, managers, players, pundits, media and even the FA itself was adversarially against him from day one, and yet he still owned them all in spite of this. He's the greatest Premier League player of all time in my opinion. A true force of nature. 

Suarez just hated losing and carried us a few times. Webb should be embarrassed to not give that SYP cunt.

I love the horrible get.

I love how hard he tried for us and all the incredible goals he scored for us...still to this day the only player i have seen score a header from edge of the box....

I love fact he was a snide bastard, but he was our snide bastard.

Loved his two goals v Ingerlund in the world cup.

Loved fact he played through pain barrier for us, the borrowing Gerrard's boot to play because his foot was so swollen his didn't fit him sums up his attitude.

I like fact he didn't buy into this not celebrating v an ex team lark...its a load of bollocks IMO.

Ok he acted the twat to get a move and his behaviour with the bite was out of line and that is a shame, but for me booing him is small time and wrong.

I still think he was stitched up over the Evra thing as well...i genuinely don't believe he meant to racially abuse him, and that rat Evra stitched him up big time with the 'non handshake' lark when we played them after it all too.

He was a superb player for us....a loon, but a superb, sublime player.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, an tha said:

I love the horrible get.

I love how hard he tried for us and all the incredible goals he scored for us...still to this day the only player i have seen score a header from edge of the box....

Loved fact he played through pain barrier for us, the borrowing Gerrard's boot to play because his foot was so swollen his didn't fit him sums up his attitude.

I like fact he didn't buy into this not celebrating v an ex team lark...its a load of bollocks IMO.

Ok he acted the twat to get a move and his behaviour with the bite was out of line and that is a shame, but for me booing him is small time and wrong.

I still think he was stitched up over the Evra thing as well...i genuinely don't believe he meant to racially abuse him, and that rat Evra stitched him up big time with the 'non handshake' lark when we played them after it all too.

He was no Djibril Cisse

Seeing that Suarez/Webb non decision…….

Watched the Juventus match fixing episode of Bad Sports on Netflix & how Luciano Moggi pressurised refs for Juve in the 2005 season. I remember it vaguely from the time but didn’t realise it was so bad. Looks like he had the head referee in his pocket and he was getting refs to give favourable decisions, one ref & his linesman got demoted & threatened by the head ref for giving a right offside decision against Juve. Got me thinking of this column from a few years ago

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/09/the-truth-is-out-there.html

And also this, 

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/sir-alex-ferguson-accused-of-matchfixing-and-bribery-pagliara-bribery-case-english-football-corruption-news-manchester-united-matchfixing/news-story/071649003b8bbe5c57ad6bb30418df84

Suarez/us were well done over by the refs at that time & the media.
The media (Fergies mates) also turned on Rafa years earlier after his ‘facts’ press conference. Rafa knew things were going on back then, that was his way of blowing it. The perception of Rafa cracking up, Fergie winning the ‘mind games’ the media had a field day at his expense. Rafa knew what he was doing alright. 

7 hours ago, an tha said:

I love the horrible get.

I seem to remember Steve Mcmahon scoring a header from around the edge of the box too.

On 04/11/2021 at 07:44, Boss said:

No one, not Dalglish, not Barnes, not even Gerrard himself, played with the intensity Luis Suarez played with for us. 

Unless by 'intensity' you mean merely what shows up as a facial expression then, no, Dalglish most certainly did play with just as much intensity.