You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atlético Madrid (H) - CL, Wed 3rd Nov 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I wouldn't put much faith in stats where he's playing alongside a 12 year old Sterling, 13 year old Suso, and Fabio fucking Borini either.

And who was Grant Holt playing with at Norwich when he outscored Suarez in 2011/12. Or Yakubu with Blackburn? Or Clint fucking Dempsey?

I'm sure those sides were full of world beaters. That must be it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

And who was Grant Holt playing with at Norwich when he outscored Suarez in 2011/12. Or Yakubu with Blackburn? Or Clint fucking Dempsey?

I'm sure those sides were full of world beaters. That must be it.

I don't think it's that wild a take to suggest that his stats improved as he played in a better team.

As it did again at Barcelona.

3 hours ago, Code said:

Suarez two first seasons for us looked like this.

Four goals from January to May his first half season, followed by 11 goals the next season. 

F5395017-AD82-4A39-8731-83968CC4708C.jpeg

And 17 million times hitting the post.  His best performance came for us in a game where he got motm yet Kuyt hit a hat trick.  Judging his brilliance in goals alone is just daft.

8 minutes ago, Grinch said:

And 17 million times hitting the post.  His best performance came for us in a game where he got motm yet Kuyt hit a hat trick.  Judging his brilliance in goals alone is just daft.

That was the three assists he got that season. 

Suarez was/is a brilliant player no doubt, and that 13-14 season was probably the best individual season by any player for any club in England in the last 20 or 30 years.

It was also the only season he had with us that was better than any of Mo Salah's 4 (and it will be 5) seasons though.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Suarez was/is a brilliant player no doubt, and that 13-14 season was probably the best individual season by any player for any club in England in the last 20 or 30 years.

It was also the only season he had with us that was better than any of Mo Salah's 4 (and it will be 5) seasons though.

Salah’s first season is as good if not better Suarez 13/14 IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Suarez is a fucking psychopath. He always has been. Take that away from him and he's half the player, there were times for us when he played like he wanted to fucking destroy the opponents, through fair means or foul. Booting Scott Parker in the belly, stomping on Mirallas' ankle, the biting incidents etc.

I can respect what he did in a Liverpool shirt and still think he's a fucking cunt. Because he is.

• Upvote 3

He was the best player in the league in that 12/13 season where he scored 23 goals. He was robbed of the PFA player of the year award because of the fallout of the Evra incident. They gave it to Gareth Bale if memory serves. He should've got about 10 penalties that season but no ref would give him anything. I know it wasn't in that season but do you remember this...

The media came out to justify this decision based on the way Suarez went down, saying it wasn't a penalty because Suarez made a meal of it. United players go down in the box when they feel a breeze, and this was an NFL style collision in the box where Ox got zero of the ball. This was what we had to deal with week in week out.

You have to judge Suarez's time here prefaced on the fact he was the most hated player that ever played in the league, and virtually everyone, from the refs, managers, players, pundits, media and even the FA itself was adversarially against him from day one, and yet he still owned them all in spite of this. He's the greatest Premier League player of all time in my opinion. A true force of nature. 

• Upvote 1

On 04/11/2021 at 07:44, Boss said:

No one, not Dalglish, not Barnes, not even Gerrard himself, played with the intensity Luis Suarez played with for us. You can say he wanted to go to Arsenal, but you must've forgotten what happened next. He didn't sulk like Harry Kane or refuse to play; he buckled down and gave us arguably the greatest individual season of any player in Premier League history. He was in tears at Palace when the dream of lifting the title was over. He's been nothing but gracious about us since he left.

He's an all-time great and gave us his prime years playing alongside Aly Cissokho, Joe Allen, Simon Mignolet, Mamadou Sakho and Andy Carroll. Show some respect for an OG, especially in what is most likely his last game at Anfield. Disgraceful behaviour. Boo him in the match if you must, but booing him off the pitch?! Nah, not having that. He should've got a standing ovation. 

You make it sound like he was doing it out of the kindness of his heart. The boy was getting paid more in a week than I get in three years to play for Liverpool and guess who was paying his wages? Some of the people who booed him on Wednesday.

Comparing him with people like Dalglish & Gerrard in terms of the appreciation we, as supporters should have for him is laughable.

Fuck the goofy twat.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

You make it sound like he was doing it out of the kindness of his heart. The boy was getting paid more in a week than I get in three years to play for Liverpool and guess who was paying his wages? Some of the people who booed him on Wednesday.

Comparing him with people like Dalglish & Gerrard in terms of the appreciation we, as supporters should have for him is laughable.

Fuck the goofy twat.

I didn't mean you specifically Mook when I was talking about the Arsenal thing, I just meant people in general. Besides, it's all subjective, isn't it? I personally am very appreciative of Suarez and what he did for us.