You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) - Sat 30th Oct 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Well for @YorkshireRed it was the reality along with close up magicians but did the rest of us get a sniff ? Oh no, oh fucking no. Kept that opportunity firmly to himself. 

One of the lesbians has had a breast reduction. I’m trying to get her evicted. This neighbourhood doesn’t want that sort of thing going on. 

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

doesn't look like, but that's the quality we need - not watching Jones continue to underperform and Henderson being clueless and letting other midfielders walk past him.  I do have hopes for Jones, but the longer his underperformance goes on, the more you have to accept, that like Henderson and Firmino, it's not going to get better, and they're just not good enough for a team that can no longer afford passengers.

Yes, Jones isn't good enough. Henderson's getting on and with a lot of injuries. Thiago has become an utter luxury player (well, has been since he joined). There are probably 15 - 20 attainable midfielders who would play 15 league games + for us a season and improve us, but the club did not have the appetite to spend (again).

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Even if it hadn't hit Sadio's arm and still found the net, I reckon they'd have disallowed it for a foul on the keeper.

I don’t agree with that. He made contact but we’ll after he got the ball and the keeper was effectively an outfielder at the time, so I reckon it stands it it goes straight in off his boot or his shin.

all moot though.

Whether or not it was right to let wij leave this summer, people using it to blame us throwing a 2-0 lead away at home to fucking Brighton need to have a day off.

We are in good shape. 3 points off the top, not lost a game, had our 2 best versions of midfield 3 out injured and keita is looking better by the game.

We need some investment and depth in the squad, but I’m convinced klopp is waiting to spend on his A targets. It’ll come.

• Upvote 4

We went 2-0 up and Brighton were on the ropes. I distinctly remember their manager looking worried and frustrated because they had no clue. I said to myself, if you can’t keep the ball, you can’t play football. What would I do to turn it around? Answer: keep the ball. It doesn’t matter what you do with it as long as you keep it. Then just maybe you sneak a goal before halftime. The script started playing out before me. Brighton hung on to the ball and then got lucky with the freak goal - a konchevsky special? Second half Brighton kept the football that they took off us 

My point though, is that after bossing possession and converting 2 chances, when did we decide to not compete for the ball? It wasn’t when Keita went off, because the 2nd goal was an AOC assist - fine pass too, and he had good energy and tempo.

At some point we stopped competing for the ball, and we could have easily lost that game. At Old Trafford we never let that happen at all.

10 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

when did we decide to not compete for the ball? It wasn’t when Keita went off, because the 2nd goal was an AOC assist - fine pass too, and he had good energy and tempo.

At some point we stopped competing for the ball, and we could have easily lost that game. At Old Trafford we never let that happen at all.

Was when Mane's handball goal happened. I think it all came a little too easily up to then and the team thought they were in for another romp.

Brighton didn't ever dominate possession - they only had 40%. They were far sharper with what they had though.

I'd be less pissed off if we hadn't beaten United so easily the week before.

I'd have taken 4 points from the last two league games if offered before the Manure game, but after twatting them yesterday feels like such a missed opportunity.

If I were a betting man, my money would be on Chelsea to piss the title, City will recover and finish second. Us? Anywhere from 3rd to 8th depending on injuries, the AFCON and our lack of investment in January!

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Belarus said:

Whether or not it was right to let wij leave this summer, people using it to blame us throwing a 2-0 lead away at home to fucking Brighton need to have a day off.

We are in good shape. 3 points off the top, not lost a game, had our 2 best versions of midfield 3 out injured and keita is looking better by the game.

We need some investment and depth in the squad, but I’m convinced klopp is waiting to spend on his A targets. It’ll come.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the midfielder we need isn't another Wijnaldum, but someone who can deputise for Fabinho, so Hendo can stick to his preferred position when the big fella's missing.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

I'd have taken 4 points from the last two league games if offered before the Manure game, but after twatting them yesterday feels like such a missed opportunity.

If I were a betting man, my money would be on Chelsea to piss the title, City will recover and finish second. Us? Anywhere from 3rd to 8th depending on injuries, the AFCON and our lack of investment in January!

"8th" my sweaty hoop!

There's as much chance of City or Chelsea finishing that low as us.

Yeah I think so too, need someone to provide a base for the rest of them. Henderson in that role tries to dictate the game and can't get over to back up defenders as much. He relies on the other two dropping deeper, which when they are Jones and AoC, you're depending on the weaker side of their game, rather than having them put the other side under pressure further forward. 

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Have a blow lad, try a feel good film.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

It's not impossible if we go on another mid-season run like last season!

I realise it's not impossible, if we exceed the worst run of form that we've ever had (because, y'know, last season we finished third). It's equally possible for Chelsea or City to set new records for awfulness.

I just think it's unlikely.

14 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

We came third last season.

With a good last third of the season (and some shocking results for the other top 4 contenders - thank you Brendan, never change). Would lightning strike twice? And I mean that in relation to the middle and final thirds of the season!

I'm of the opinion that once the first eleven is unavailable we're not very good! I know everybody drops off if the first eleven is injured, but we drop off a fucking cliff!

I think Mo's ridiculous form (and he wasn't his best yesterday) has papered over a lot of cracks, and I'm not sure he can paper over the cracks for a full season.

The draws against Chelsea and City are forgivable (even at home) because they have the two best squads in the league, Brentford and Brighton though - that's poor.

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

With a good last third of the season (and some shocking results for the other top 4 contenders - thank you Brendan, never change). Would lightning strike twice? And I mean that in relation to the middle and final thirds of the season!

I'm of the opinion that once the first eleven is unavailable we're not very good! I know everybody drops off if the first eleven is injured, but we drop off a fucking cliff!

I think Mo's ridiculous form (and he wasn't his best yesterday) has papered over a lot of cracks, and I'm not sure he can paper over the cracks for a full season.

The draws against Chelsea and City are forgivable (even at home) because they have the two best squads in the league, Brentford and Brighton though - that's poor.

So, if we have simultaneous long-term injuries to all of our first XI, we might drop to eigth.

Scary stuff.

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

And that defeat at home to Palace - unforgivable. We'll never keep up with other teams if we do stuff like that.

On 30/10/2021 at 16:55, Baltar said:

Rubbish. Brighton are a very decent team but 2-0 at home and we end up drawing is terrible.

Yep … we were walking from the Ship and Mitre to the Baltic fleet into the evening when we ran into Brighton fans who were singing «  Two nil, You fucked up two nil … ».

They looked like sound lads so we started chatting. They obviously enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. They were amazed by the reception Lallana got. As far as I’m concerned I was more amazed by the choice of ales at the Ship and Mitre. 

• Upvote 2