Trumo

Brighton (H) - Sat 30th Oct 2021 (3:00pm)

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

No, there's no reason to think the money wasn't there.  Klopp chose not to strengthen CM because he already had 8.

Yea Klopps the one that chooses not to spend money and leave us short EVERY year.

Midfield really bad. Ox is so erratic, can"t be trusted. Hendo lost too many 50/50s. Konate had a torrid time, too easily drawn away from goal. Van Dijk still not firering on all sylindres. 

We are a very, very good team, but the squad depth will cost us

Just now, Boss said:

We would never have lost that game with Gini in midfield. 

What about Fabinho, Thiago, or Milner ?

Or should we ignore all of those mercenaries?

• Upvote 1

Shocking. Never EVER want to see Ox play again. Ditto Jones. Realise they’re only there coz of injury but Ox has had it & Jones will never be good enough. He’s a shithouse too. Would rather see Morton than see Ox running into defenders, at least he’d keep it simple. 

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Yea Klopps the one that chooses not to spend money and leave us short EVERY year.

The fact anyone can think Klopp decides to not strengthen is beyond me, even when he's made comments indicating the opposite. His pre season interview he pretty much said it.

• Upvote 1

Lack of a midfield costs us, again. Hard to understand why the powers that be can't see it when literally everyone on this forum can.

• Upvote 2

Angry. I'm angry. Last week we were the best in the world, this week, we are the worst. Arrrgh. I'm angry.

Fuck off. I couldn't give a shit how you support your team. I'm no superfan. Far from it. But I can't be arsed with this bipolar naval gazing shite. We drew. We could have won. We may have lost. Whatever. It is what it is. One point more than yesterday. And one less drink than I had a moment ago. At least I can actually do something about that, which I will.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

The fact anyone can think Klopp decides to not strengthen is beyond me, even when he's made comments indicating the opposite. His pre season interview he pretty much said it.

You mean to tell me you don’t think it’s the manager choosing to make his job impossible?

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The fans pay money to go, they can do what they want, and they can leave when they want, in my opinion. Not their fault the midfield is shit. 

I get that, but early on in Klopps stint he identified that it was an issue, something along the lines of "if the fans won't stay to support til the end why would we fight til the end" 

There was the whole thing about when they lined up to applaud the fans for staying with us when we scraped a draw. Most games in the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons we could be going into the last 5 minutes level and I had a confidence we'd get that late winner. Mentality monsters they called them. 

You're right they can fuck off when they want, but pitch performances will reflect that attitude. 

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Angry. I'm angry. Last week we were the best in the world, this week, we are the worst. Arrrgh. I'm angry.

Fuck off. I couldn't give a shit how you support your team. I'm no superfan. Far from it. But I can't be arsed with this bipolar naval gazing shite. We drew. We could have won. We may have lost. Whatever. It is what it is. One point more than yesterday. And one less drink than I had a moment ago. At least I can actually do something about that, which I will.

Congratulations

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

It's a forum

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

No, there's no reason to think the money wasn't there.  Klopp chose not to strengthen CM because he already had 8.

Exactly, we have a shit load of midfielders. The problem is not getting rid of the ones who can't do the job. We weren't going to buy another one just for more numbers. Klopp made that clear.

2 minutes ago, HolyHank said:

Midfield really bad. Ox is so erratic, can"t be trusted. Hendo lost too many 50/50s. Konate had a torrid time, too easily drawn away from goal. Van Dijk still not firering on all sylindres. 

We are a very, very good team, but the squad depth will cost us

Midfield is bad... when 4 of them are missing through injuries.

I'd guess that's true of every team.

• Upvote 1

Jones needs to knuckle down and learn the hard part of midfield work. He's in danger of becoming a bit Tom Davies. All silky little touches and applause in his own head, oblivious to runners and where he should be. Honestly thought he'd develop into a starter for us.

• Upvote 1

Even in tge two League Cup games Oxlade Chamberlain can't pass properly to anyone. He'll have space and one runner in a decent position to go in on goal and he'll just pass it straight to the opposition. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Lack of a midfield costs us, again. Hard to understand why the powers that be can't see it when literally everyone on this forum can.

Supposedly we can't afford it and they want to leave space/opportunities for the youngsters. What I don't understand is why you would let your most consistent and reliable player go but keep all of the ones who are consistently injured.

1 minute ago, bizzle10 said:

Was the hospital Keita was born in built on an indian burial ground only thing that explains his luck with injuries

More like a toxic waste dump. The fella in Robocop who drives into the toxic waste dump is more durable than Keita.

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fuck it. Come on Spurs. 

Wouldn’t a creditable draw be better to keep both managers in situ?