You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) - Sat 30th Oct 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

City had some doofus get sent off. Somethimg dumb like that happens to them once every 20 games and then they win the next 10 on the bounce.

We've been good a lot this season in attack but we're simply not consistent enough.

They were 1 nil down before the sending off and how many games is it since they lost at Spurs? Not a great result for us today but not the catastrophe that some are making it out to be.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Yeah as people are saying its the nature of the beast. Its not people being overly negative about a draw (and shite performance) its that the standards for winning this league are so high. Most of us expect a title challenge and that affects how we react to games. 

Long way to go yet

50 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Arsenal went undefeated in 2003-04, and yeah won the league, with 90 points.

Be lucky to get 2nd with 90 points these days!

Cobblers.

Liverpool, Chelsea and City will all drop points this season: this isn't like us and City between 2018 and 2020. Too many teams have closed the gap. This year's winner could well be in the high 80s.

• Upvote 1

2nd half we looked like a team that is tired from lack of rotation in the bigger games. Putting aside midfield, Robertson was poor second half, and maybe The Greek should be trusted with more games - or is he injured as well? We’re missing Fabinho, and also Thiago.

Before the game VVD talked about Brighton being a good compact defensive unit, as well as being capable of quick offensive counters, and indicated that The Reds would need to be focused for 90 minutes. Was nobody listening? If Mane’s goal had stood (not hit his arm) then the game would have perhaps panned out very differently - fine margins indeed. As others have said, we’re not mutable when plan A starts to lose its gloss, or when the opposition finds a counter.

We mustn’t forget that last season we were title challengers before xmas, but the injuries in the back line undid our season. I hate to state the obvious, but we’re looking a bit thin in midfield to sustain a challenge this season, but I hope I’m wrong, We need Fab and Thiago fit and consistently good, and we need them now.

A disappointing result. We go again.

14 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I guess Klopp knows less than you do then hey ?  City with a squad that could put out 2 teams lost today to a Palace side we put 3 past and yet people on here are talking about us struggling to get 4th FFS. It was a bad day at the office , it happens people need to get over it. It's fucked my night up but I think I will get over it.

Nothing to do with that. It's the homegrown quota. Gini is a better player than Henderson, and was always available. Not that he didn't have bad games, he just had a lot less than Henderson does.

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

They were 1 nil down before the sending off and how many games is it since they lost at Spurs? Not a great result for us today but not the catastrophe that some are making it out to be.

City to me are pretty inevitable. I don't look at games they don't win and think they have a problem.

As for us, as always it will depend if our best players can stay fit. Trent, Virgil, Alisson, Fab, Thiago and the forwards. That's pretty much all that matters.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

True, but that wasn't on Gini. We had four fit centre backs today and we bossed that game up until two of the midfielders decided to walk around with their hands on their hips and actively hide when we were in possession. Firmino and Konate were dreadful as well, not going to lie, but nobody was tracking any of their midfield runners. They made Henderson look a tit out there because he was constantly bombing back, trying, and failing, to put out the fires.

Haha! 

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

City to me are pretty inevitable. I don't look at games they don't win and think they have a problem.

As for us, as always it will depend if our best players can stay fit. Trent, Virgil, Alisson, Fab, Thiago and the forwards. That's pretty much all that matters.

That really doesn't make sense and take 5 similar players , to our lads you named, out of City and Chelsea and they will also struggle.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Midfield is bad... when 4 of them are missing through injuries.

I'd guess that's true of every team.

That's why we need need players who are less injury prone. Thiago isn't a very effective replacement for Gini if he only plays half as many games as him. Keita and Ox are made of biscuits (as well as being mostly shite) and Fab seems to be going that way as does Milner (although that's understandable given his age.)

Is any of this unreasonable?

When people knock others on here for moaning about injuries - take a look at that midfield today we were forced to field because of injuries and then an injury in game...It is the absolutey perfect validation of why people moan.

Next to zero defensive nous, a lack of control and just so easy to play through and today at times frankly were bone fucking idle.

That 3 that played the majority of the game today if they played every week would see us struggle to finish in the Top 6.

3 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

That's why we need need players who are less injury prone. Thiago isn't a very effective replacement for Gini if he only plays half as many games as him. Keita and Ox are made of biscuits and Fab seems to be going that way as does Milner (although that's understandable given his age.)

Is any of this unreasonable?

Why not just admit you want the club to be owned by Pol Pot?

• Upvote 1

Jones and Chamberlain showing how far away they are for being good starters for us. 
Not much point in having 8 options of midfielders when some have a history of not being available/ fit enough for a run of games & others nowhere near good enough.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They've won 3 out of 4 titles, mate. Do you realize that? They get the benefit of the doubt, we get less of it.

One of those they won by 1 point from us in the year we won the champions league so I'd say you are under estimating us.

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Why not just admit you want the club to be owned by Pol Pot?

It wouldn't be the first time I was desperate for pot.

If we can't get him, I'd take any one of a number of bloodthirsty despots. Some of them might have to be resurrected from the bowels of hell, but if it get us the right players I'll draw the fucking pentagram. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

We have more midfielders in our squad than Chelsea.

?

Liverpool (8)

Fabinho (inj)
Milner (inj)
Keita (inj)
Thiago (inj)
Elliott (inj)
Jones
Henderson

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Chelsea (9)

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Loftus-Cheek

Saul

Barkley

Mount

Ziyech

Havertz

51 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Cobblers.

Liverpool, Chelsea and City will all drop points this season: this isn't like us and City between 2018 and 2020. Too many teams have closed the gap. This year's winner could well be in the high 80s.

Chelsea will lose the odd game, but if we keep drawing at home (3 already) we wont keep up with them.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

?

Liverpool (8)

Fabinho (inj)
Milner (inj)
Keita (inj)
Thiago (inj)
Elliott (inj)
Jones
Henderson

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Chelsea (9)