You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) - Sat 30th Oct 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

Chosen by whom? I got the distinct impression Klopp would have liked him to stay but the powers that be wouldn't pay the wages.

Who's buying the other candidates for leaving at anything other than a massive loss? And do we sell players at massive losses these days?

If Klopp had really wanted him to stay, I think we would have made it happen. Thiago was the Wijnaldum replacement. We had 8 players for the three midfield spots going in to the season. 

Just now, Boss said:

True, but that wasn't on Gini. We had four fit centre backs today and we bossed that game up until two of the midfielders decided to walk around with their hands on their hips and actively hide when we were in possession. Firmino and Konate were dreadful as well, not going to lie, but nobody was tracking any of their midfield runners. They made Henderson look a tit out there because he was constantly bombing back, trying, and failing, to put out the fires.

We never really bossed that game. They could’ve been ahead and the first half ended with them having more shots on target than us. I don’t think Gini would’ve been of much help today and I’m a big fan of his. Potter has got his setup spot on three games in a row against us now and Klopp needs to respond.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It was a collective decision, obviously. Let's not act like we didn't need freshening up in midfield and you can't give everybody new deals.

The others, I don't know. Some stupid team would buy Ox. 

They wouldn't buy him at anything but a big loss.  What stupid team has the resources to pay his wages and a fee of say £25m+?  Newcastle now maybe, in terms of resources, but I'm sure they'll set their sights higher.

Wijnaldum's contract was the most urgent, others could have waited.

I never said the midfield didn't need a change, though that's debatable, but if your most consistent player was the one to leave then it was imperative to replace.

12 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

It is. And no one needs my permission to vent. But for fucks sake, while it's frustrating to draw like that, the invective when we dare to drop points is tiresome.

It's not just the dropped points today. It's the dropped points and the strong indication there are more dropped points around the corner due to shite planning/funding/midfielder-buying.

We're all still scarred after last season's complete write off.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

It's not the dropped points. It's the dropped points and the strong indication there are more dropped points around the corner due to shite planning/funding/midfielder-buying

We have more midfielders in our squad than Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

They wouldn't buy him at anything but a big loss.  What stupid team has the resources to pay his wages and a fee of say £25m+?  Newcastle now maybe, in terms of resources, but I'm sure they'll set their sights higher.

Wijnaldum's contract was the most urgent, others could have waited.

I never said the midfield didn't need a change, though that's debatable, but if your most consistent player was the one to leave then it was imperative to replace.

It clearly wasn't the most urgent, he left for free. The club just wasn't that arsed and Klopp, who has the final say he keeps repeating, wasn't that arsed either.

Will we keep doing this with Gini every time we don't win? Christ, find a differerent narrative guys. Yes, the midfield is the worst part of the team and it's the worst part of the team because of players like Ox, Keita and Jones, who is plodding along in his development. It's not because we let one player go, who has barely started for his new club this season, by the way.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

It clearly wasn't the most urgent, he left for free. The club just wasn't that arsed and Klopp, who has the final say he keeps repeating, wasn't that arsed either.

Will we keep doing this with Gini every time we don't win? Christ, find a differerent narrative guys. Yes, the midfield is the worst part of the team and it's the worst part of the team because of players like Ox, Keita and Jones, who is plodding along in his development. It's not because we let one player go, who has barely started for his new club this season, by the way.

It's the worst part of the team due to lack of investment.

Fabinho missing is huge as it means the captain playing in a position he struggles in. That midfield was always gonna struggle as it’s patched up. 

Potter is a good manager who has his team well drilled. Hard working. The midfield got the run around in Madrid. Utds midfield is dogshite so that doesn’t count. Today was always gonna be tough against a well organised hard working team. Fuck it Matip, Fab and Thiago back Wednesday to twat Them cunts. 

14 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

It's not just the dropped points today. It's the dropped points and the strong indication there are more dropped points around the corner due to shite planning/funding/midfielder-buying.

We're all still scarred after last season's complete write off.

In fairness, I don’t think anybody was making those points last Sunday evening. What’s changed in a week? 

Fuck me there’s some hysteria in this thread. We beat the Mancs 5.0 last week, we are virtually in the knockout stages of the CL, we’re unbeaten in the league and people are still whinging. It’s LFC not the Harlem fucking Globetrotters. Some times you get a draw against well organised teams particularly after a tough week. Move on. Some of us remember Voronin up front, now we’ve got Mo and you fuckers still moan. Grow a pair for fucks sake. 

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

Who knew allowing a never injured, incredibly consistent midfielder to leave for free – when his year early “replacement” never plays and others can’t stay fit or perform consistently – would cost us dearly?

Yep. A case of the club’s inflexible metrics drowning out common sense. 

FSG have proven themselves to be incredibly shrewd and incredibly stupid, often almost simultaneously.