You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) - Sat 30th Oct 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Angry. I'm angry. Last week we were the best in the world, this week, we are the worst. Arrrgh. I'm angry.

Fuck off. I couldn't give a shit how you support your team. I'm no superfan. Far from it. But I can't be arsed with this bipolar naval gazing shite. We drew. We could have won. We may have lost. Whatever. It is what it is. One point more than yesterday. And one less drink than I had a moment ago. At least I can actually do something about that, which I will.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

The fact anyone can think Klopp decides to not strengthen is beyond me, even when he's made comments indicating the opposite. His pre season interview he pretty much said it.

You mean to tell me you don’t think it’s the manager choosing to make his job impossible?

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The fans pay money to go, they can do what they want, and they can leave when they want, in my opinion. Not their fault the midfield is shit. 

I get that, but early on in Klopps stint he identified that it was an issue, something along the lines of "if the fans won't stay to support til the end why would we fight til the end" 

There was the whole thing about when they lined up to applaud the fans for staying with us when we scraped a draw. Most games in the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons we could be going into the last 5 minutes level and I had a confidence we'd get that late winner. Mentality monsters they called them. 

You're right they can fuck off when they want, but pitch performances will reflect that attitude. 

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Angry. I'm angry. Last week we were the best in the world, this week, we are the worst. Arrrgh. I'm angry.

Fuck off. I couldn't give a shit how you support your team. I'm no superfan. Far from it. But I can't be arsed with this bipolar naval gazing shite. We drew. We could have won. We may have lost. Whatever. It is what it is. One point more than yesterday. And one less drink than I had a moment ago. At least I can actually do something about that, which I will.

Congratulations

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

It's a forum

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

No, there's no reason to think the money wasn't there.  Klopp chose not to strengthen CM because he already had 8.

Exactly, we have a shit load of midfielders. The problem is not getting rid of the ones who can't do the job. We weren't going to buy another one just for more numbers. Klopp made that clear.

2 minutes ago, HolyHank said:

Midfield really bad. Ox is so erratic, can"t be trusted. Hendo lost too many 50/50s. Konate had a torrid time, too easily drawn away from goal. Van Dijk still not firering on all sylindres. 

We are a very, very good team, but the squad depth will cost us

Midfield is bad... when 4 of them are missing through injuries.

I'd guess that's true of every team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Lack of a midfield costs us, again. Hard to understand why the powers that be can't see it when literally everyone on this forum can.

Supposedly we can't afford it and they want to leave space/opportunities for the youngsters. What I don't understand is why you would let your most consistent and reliable player go but keep all of the ones who are consistently injured.