You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United 0 Liverpool 5 (Oct 24 2021)

tlw content

1 minute ago, Butch said:

On the day and the opportunity to get more goals against them it was an excellent opportunity missed. Totally humiliation would have been great, 8/9 even 10 goals were possible. Our boys are too nice for that and settled for the 5. 

How good would it have been if Keane was there, he'd have went nuts and made great viewing. 

Gave our manc wank Co worker a terrible time today. Cunts. 

5 nil in their back yard IS total humiliation.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, tlw content said:

...with the memory of what happened in Madrid so fresh in the players’ minds they were completely switched on. Or maybe Atletico are just miles better than United.

Let me help you here. Whilst the Madrid game was undoubtedly on our players' minds, Atletico are indeed miles better than United. 

I can see the argument for only giving Ronaldo a yellow, but he was kicking the ball like that directly because Jones was there. That's absolutely red card territory. If that had been Jones on Ronaldo, do you think it would have been a yellow?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Chris said:

That's much cleverer than I thought it was going to be.

I've taken to swerving those videos, burdened as they are with the Family Guy-style of everything having to be an attempt at a joke, and frequently failing miserably. But the hit-miss ratio was certainly a lot higher in that one.

This was great for 60 mins. After that the two captains and the ref could as well have agreed to blow the final whistle (I know it's not allowed to do that). Annoying to see we stopped playing. In retrospect with regard to the frustration shown by the manc players, it was a good decision. The last thing we needed was another injury concern.

One question though: What would the match look like if Fernandes had scored his huge chance early at 0-0. Might have been a different story if he did.

2 hours ago, JustTosh said:

This was great for 60 mins. After that the two captains and the ref could as well have agreed to blow the final whistle (I know it's not allowed to do that). Annoying to see we stopped playing. In retrospect with regard to the frustration shown by the manc players, it was a good decision. The last thing we needed was another injury concern.

One question though: What would the match look like if Fernandes had scored his huge chance early at 0-0. Might have been a different story if he did.

I think there's loads to show we'd still have won that game by a heavy margin even if Penandez had of scored that first chance. It's not like we havent come from behind before to win a game.

We cut them open at will. An early goal might have given them a bit of confidence but wouldnt have changed how they played.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JustTosh said:

I disagree. I think it makes the win even better. We won the game with the biggest margin at their ground, in over 100 years. They know and we know that we could have made it much worse if we wanted, we just eased up on them. Like hammering some boxer for 10 rounds and let him have a bit of respect left and not KO him but let him just about scrape through the 12 rounds. Same thing here. We absolutely hammered them and we could have added more if we wanted, but we let up and it was still their worst defeat against us. 

I wanted it to be 8 or 9 too and had a little bit of annoyance at the time but l think they definitely would have to sack him with that scoreline, if 5 nil means he gets to keep his job then fine that'll do nicely.                                                  It was good that for once De Gea wasn't a factor in this game because he's normally man of the match when we play them pulling off worldies all over the place but he only did it once in this game. Also it really annoyed me when Naby was stretchered off that there was barely any clapping and actual booing I mean in what other ground in the world would that happen.

On 25/10/2021 at 17:23, tlw content said:

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

Where I do even start with this? It’s one for the ages. Biggest win at Old Trafford for over a hundred years or something. It was an absolute fucking beatdown and United were utterly humiliated. The funny thing is we were probably only at about 75%.

We played well but we definitely have another gear we can go to if needed. It wasn’t needed because United are so flawed and we were so clinical on the day. It was billed as Ronaldo v Salah and it did feel like a passing of the torch moment. Any claim to the throne Ronaldo may still think he has was dismissed out of hand by the Egyptian King going into his back yard and taking the fucking piss.

At this moment in time there is no-one in the world better at football than Mo Salah and he proved it beyond doubt on this stage. United might be shite but it’s still Old Trafford and it’s a huge game. The eyes of the world were on it and Mo put Ronaldo over his knee and spanked him.

This was almost surreal at times. That moment when Sky showed a fucking fuming Alex Ferguson and then cut to a beaming Kenny was just iconic. What a fucking moment that was. Kudos to that director, that was fucking phenomenal TV.

In hindsight it’s easy to look back on this and go “yeah, what we were even worried about? That’s how it’s supposed to happen.” Football is rarely like that though and this is a notoriously bad ground for us. We won there last year and although there were no fans there I was hoping that maybe it will have given the players confidence that they can win at Old Trafford. 

City have been horrendous at Anfield but won there last season in an empty stadium. It’s easy for us to say “it means nothing” but clearly it meant something to them because this season they came here and played better than I’ve ever seen play here. 

I was hoping a similar thing would happen with us, and specifically Mo. He’s usually been shite at Old Trafford. Really bad. But he was boss there last season and maybe that changed something in him and gave him confidence to do it again. And he sure fucking did. Wow.

I was neither confident nor pessimistic going into this. I had absolutely no clue what to expect, but when I saw the starting eleven my shoulders did slump a little. Konate in for Matip was a weird one. Protecting Joel makes sense, but it seemed like an odd time to throw Konate in, especially when Gomez is available.

Klopp said they saw something when analysing United that made them think Konate was a good fit for the game. No idea what it was, but they were right because Konate was fucking boss. Looked completely at home and not overawed at all, even though he was up against someone with the reputation of Ronaldo.

The midfield was a concern too. No Fabinho? Fucks sake. He’s one of the first names on the teamsheet in big games as he’s so important. I know United’s midfield is shite, but the quality they have up front is beyond question so you want Fabinho there stopping the likes of Fernandes getting on the ball.

Hendo, Keita and Milner isn’t going to inspire massive confidence in a fixture we’ve found so difficult in the past. Milner shouldn’t have been anywhere the starting eleven having played twice this week already, while it was a big call to retain faith in Naby after what happened in midweek.

The Milner decision was proven to be a mistake but Keita absolutely justified his inclusion. He was boss and was as influential as anybody in what we did in the first half.

I’m made up with 5-0 as beforehand I’d have snatched your hands off for any kind of win and the performance didn’t really matter. Because it’s them, because it’s there, I’d have taken any win I can get.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

I really enjoyed that. I’m not quite sure why but reading it made me think of this.

12 hours ago, RedHeadedRed said:

I wanted it to be 8 or 9 too and had a little bit of annoyance at the time but l think they definitely would have to sack him with that scoreline, if 5 nil means he gets to keep his job then fine that'll do nicely.                                                  It was good that for once De Gea wasn't a factor in this game because he's normally man of the match when we play them pulling off worldies all over the place but he only did it once in this game. Also it really annoyed me when Naby was stretchered off that there was barely any clapping and actual booing I mean in what other ground in the world would that happen.

Yeah, spot on.  Looks like they are keeping him for now, thanks in part to Gary Neville and Ferguson going balls deep on defending him.  There is no way they would have been able to do that if it was 8-0.

• dave u unpinned this topic