You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Man United 0 Liverpool 5 - Match Reaction

tlw content

5-0 at Old Trafford!!! Yes, that actually happened. It was billed as Salah v Ronaldo but it wasn't even a contest as the Egyptian King carried on his incredible run of form with a hat-trick to leave United broken and humiliated.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by a sober Dan Thomas and the definitely not sober duo of Paul Natton and Ian Brown to celebrate one of the most monumental results in the modern era of the club. This is a game that we'll be singing about for generations.

Apologies in advance for some of the sound issues but when two of the lads are shouting and singing it's tricky keeping the sound levels even! You don't want to miss this, it's one for the ages. UP THE REDS!!

View full article

• Upvote 7

• dave u pinned this topic

I agree with the point on Ronaldo, I think it's a red all day.

Regardless that he kicks the ball, Jones is down in an almost fetal position with the ball nestled in his midriff, kicking the ball is not going to do anything other than potentially injure the player, the ball is not going break loose from there.

Petulant cunt knew what he was doing.

• Upvote 3

Loved this, thanks lads.  As I was a bit half cut yesterday,  listened to it tonight while making tea with a bottle of vino….perfect tone and an everlasting recording of how ecstatic every Red felt after yesterday.

the only thing I would disagree on is Mo and Suarez ( known as The Rat).  He is way beyond his level and nearer to Kenny’s.

still, nice one for capturing yesterday… agree with Dave about being disappointed not to get 8!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, great listen. Was a bit occupied after the game yesterday, but I've spent all day basking in the gloriousness of that result (and performance). 

Two quick points:

- I'm fine with the focus being on United being bad (they are, and will continue to be even under another manager. I'll get onto this in due course). No other teams make them look quite so bad though. The way we press (Naby and Bobby in particular were great in the early stages yesterday) make them panic in a way they won't under any other circumstances (maybe City if they play all their small, quick midfielders/forwards). Maguire and Shaw were being lauded all summer for their footballing abilities. Someone on here recently said Fred was a good midfielder if played correctly. Pogba is supposed to be great on the ball. The way we hunt in packs though (and even more so now that Bobby seems to be back to his absolute best) just suffocate the opponents completely and make them do weird shit all at the same time. Check out goals 1-5 for proof of this. WE ARE A REALLY FUCKING GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM that is incredibly well coached and set up!

- The Mancs. I just bumped a post I made earlier in the week on the Gollum thread. I don't think people (looking at Dave here) know just how badly suited a lot of their players are to play in a 2021 dominant football side, and I wish people would stop saying that they are (very, ridiculously, adjective) talented up front. I'm hearing loads of stuff about how United have one of the best squads in the world. It's complete bollocks. I would take Greenwood off them, possibly Sancho. They seem to be able to press (at least if you gave them an example to learn from, not a 36 year old ponce up top), and are capable of interplay. How many times have you seen the others work cohesively in any set-up. How many one-twos a season does Rashford, Ronaldo, Martial, Cavani(he's probably the best of the lot) and Lingard take part in. It's just run with pace, take-on one or two players, get to the byline or shoot. They are all average at team-play at best, and lack basic football intelligence. Ronaldo's been coasting his entire career on having beast-like physicality. Now that the pace is waning, he'll be a huge hindrance to team performance, as teams arent' scared of him running at or behind them anymore... Most of their front players just rely on individual skill, trickery and pace, and just aren't suited to play the team game that the modern managers want to play. I guarantee that whatever manager they put in there, they won't be competitive for a league or CL title for at least 5-6 years. They might fluke their way to a CL qf or sf on lying deep and counter-attacking some of the more progressive sides out there, but it won't be through the dominant football that's needed to win the PL with us and City being the winning machines that we are.

Although their front options are incredibly over-rated, it's in midfield and at the back where they really, really struggle. There are plenty of players at both City's and Chelsea's back 6/7 I'd have here, Mount (who for some reason seems to be under-rated on here), Kovacic (same), Kante would all be plausible starting candidates for our CM, and De Bruyne would be a shoe-in.. Rudiger, Dias, Cancelo and Chilwell wouldn't look out of place in our team either. Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan Bissaka and McTominay, Fred, Pogba though. Come on! Luke Shaw has been an absolute disaster this season too, but I guess him and Varane alongside De Gea could be built on. They still need about 6 players at the back and in midfield. The absolute beauty of all this is they've just gone and got themselves the biggest twat of all times to play upfront, and they aren't getting rid of him under any circumstance because of his status and ego. It's marvellous, and I've waited my entire adult life for them to do what we did in the 90's/00's. It's a carbon copy of what happened for us, and getting to watch Ferguson see his beloved Utd crumble like we did is the icing on the cake, the miserable old wanker.

Anyway, back to us being a fantastic side! GET IN YOU REDS!!!

• Upvote 2

Great listen. Really enjoyed it. 

One point though- Hazard got a straight red for kicking the ball from under that twat of a ball boy at Swansea years ago. Is that deemed worse because it wasn't against a player? Despite the fact he was clearly time wasting on behalf of his team. 

Unlike Curtis though, that little cunt deserved a kicking! 

14 hours ago, lebron said:

- The Mancs. I just bumped a post I made earlier in the week on the Gollum thread. I don't think people (looking at Dave here) know just how badly suited a lot of their players are to play in a 2021 dominant football side, and I wish people would stop saying that they are (very, ridiculously, adjective) talented up front. 

Ronaldo, Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial, Pogba.

In terms of 'talent' and ability to score goals out of nothing that's as good as anything out there. I agree there are major flaws there too (a lot of it because they're badly coached) but they'll always be dangerous opposition when they have that much ability at the top end of the field.

Even against us, Fernandes missed a great chance and Alisson had to make good saves from Greenwood and Ronaldo. They're a shite team but they still pose danger because they have.....I'll say it again... TALENT!

That's the reason they were 4th until a week ago (and will probably still sneak 4th this season unless Leicester or West Ham can stay the course for once) and not near the bottom which is where they would be if they didn't have that capacity to score goals to give them undeserved wins. They also have six points in the CL they wouldn't have if they didn't have the firepower they have.

They have no identity, they are awfully coached, the attitude of a lot of them is questionable too. They regularly get outplayed by sides with lesser players but you can't say they aren't talented in attack as that's just crazy talk.

Greenwood, Sancho and even Rashford would all look quality if they were playing for Klopp. At the moment they play like talented individuals and not as a team. That talent is actually the only thing going for them, and you're trying to take it away from them!

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, dave u said:

Ronaldo, Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial, Pogba.

In terms of 'talent' and ability to score goals out of nothing that's as good as anything out there. I agree there are major flaws there too (a lot of it because they're badly coached) but they'll always be dangerous opposition when they have that much ability at the top end of the field.

Even against us, Fernandes missed a great chance and Alisson had to make good saves from Greenwood and Ronaldo. They're a shite team but they still pose danger because they have.....I'll say it again... TALENT!

That's the reason they were 4th until a week ago (and will probably still sneak 4th this season unless Leicester or West Ham can stay the course for once) and not near the bottom which is where they would be if they didn't have that capacity to score goals to give them undeserved wins. They also have six points in the CL they wouldn't have if they didn't have the firepower they have.

They have no identity, they are awfully coached, the attitude of a lot of them is questionable too. They regularly get outplayed by sides with lesser players but you can't say they aren't talented in attack as that's just crazy talk.

Greenwood, Sancho and even Rashford would all look quality if they were playing for Klopp. At the moment they play like talented individuals and not as a team. That talent is actually the only thing going for them, and you're trying to take it away from them!

100%

Although, if they didn't have the talent they have, OGS would have never survived his caretaker role, and they'd have another manager giving it a go.

1 minute ago, m0e said:

100%

Although, if they didn't have the talent they have, OGS would have never survived his caretaker role, and they'd have another manager giving it a go.

Agree. The talent up front is literally the only thing they have going for them, and lebron wants to deny them that too. He's just cruel!

• dave u unpinned this topic