You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hangover Cures

Bjornebye

I know we have a hangover thread but I need a cure not an anecdote. Not been drinking much this year but fuck me I went full throttle during and after the game yesterday. Opened a bottle of Malbec I'd had in for ages this is after I'd already had a skinfull. 

So far today I've had 5 bags of discos, a pepparami, a peppermint tea and about a gallon of lemonade. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I know we have a hangover thread but I need a cure not an anecdote. Not been drinking much this year but fuck me I went full throttle during and after the game yesterday. Opened a bottle of Malbec I'd had in for ages this is after I'd already had a skinfull. 

So far today I've had 5 bags of discos, a pepparami, a peppermint tea and about a gallon of lemonade. 

Sleep. 

Nothing else other than paracetamol , bacon butties ,mars bars , spicey crisps , more chocolate and when it gets to about 6 , a few bottles of beer . 

• Upvote 1

My tried and tested method won't help you this time Stig, but maybe next time. It's to drink at least 4 pints of water before you start on the booze. Fuck ordering water at the pub and fuck relying on your drunken self to remember to drink it before bed. 

The only things that have truly helped when already hungover for me have been hair of the dog or exercise (which is fucking horrendous when you are doing it). Bad food and lots of water afterwards make me feel worse before I feel better

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

My tried and tested method won't help you this time Stig, but maybe next time. It's to drink at least 4 pints of water before you start on the booze. Fuck ordering water at the pub and fuck relying on your drunken self to remember to drink it before bed. 

The only things that have truly helped when already hungover for me have been hair of the dog or exercise (which is fucking horrendous when you are doing it). Bad food and lots of water afterwards make me feel worse before I feel better

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfNeY2JGpSpxcwSP4SRK2