Jump to content
Ken Robber

What's the story behind your username?

Recommended Posts

When I joined I honestly didn't expect to be on here very long so I was flicking through the TV guide at the time and saw Tj hooker and thought that will do as a username. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Huevón said:

Lived in Chile many years ago where ‘huevón’ was almost a carbon copy of ‘lid’ in terms of meaning / frequency of use / way of demonstrating uber-Chilean credentials. 

Weon, que pasa, weon, sabes? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Huevón said:

Lived in Chile many years ago where ‘huevón’ was almost a carbon copy of ‘lid’ in terms of meaning / frequency of use / way of demonstrating uber-Chilean credentials. 

What does it mean? Is it "big egg" or "big balls" or something?

 

(btw, Ernesto Guevara became Che for a very similar reason.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Déiseach, pronounced 'day-shogk', describes someone from County Waterford. Specifically it was the pen name of a GAA writer in a local newspaper many moons ago, who also happened to be a very prominent individual in the association as a whole. Early on in the days of the internet I adopted it as my catchall username, adapted to deal with  how websites struggled with capital letters and accents. I'm glad I did.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Nothing complicated about mine. Just the King's initials and shirt number.

Screenshot_20211026-214014_Samsung Internet.jpg

FFS course it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s on the wall of my office.

 

 

F9BA6C3F-42F7-4016-976D-095861C9F323.jpeg

It's a superb picture.

There's something  about the black & white one though. I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

I go all misty eyed whenever I see that image.

I have this in front of me in my home office. I work in IT and we have a regular turnover of staff from India coming onshore. One of them is a talented artist and drew this himself and gave it to me as a farewell gift. I love it. 

F253978C-B248-4441-8A9B-BB2B2B1CF2D5.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GR10 LFC said:

I have this in front of me in my home office. I work in IT and we have a regular turnover of staff from India coming onshore. One of them is a talented artist and drew this himself and gave it to me as a farewell gift. I love it. 

F253978C-B248-4441-8A9B-BB2B2B1CF2D5.jpeg

That's boss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That's boss. 

He did one for the other lad I work with - City fan - of David Silva which was just as good. A very talented guy and wasted in IT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GR10 LFC said:

He did one for the other lad I work with - City fan - of David Silva which was just as good. A very talented guy and wasted in IT!

It must be brilliant to have that sort of talent.

 

My brother in law is a massive Beatles fan and he came across an unusual black & white picture of them sat in a room with Ringo playing a guitar.

 

He has a massive family and one of his nieces was going out with some lad who was a bit of an artist.

 

He took the picture which was only about 5 × 3 inches and turned up a few weeks later with an absolutely amazing copy of it in pencil but 3ft × 2ft.

 

So that got framed and has had pride of place ever since.

I'd post a picture if I could, but they live in America now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What does it mean? Is it "big egg" or "big balls" or something?

 

(btw, Ernesto Guevara became Che for a very similar reason.)

Yeah, literally speaking it’s ‘big egg’ but depending on the context it can mean all sorts of things: mate, dude, bellend, idiot, you name it. Also the greater the elongation of the ‘o’ the greater the degree of mateness / dudeness / bellendery being implied.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Huevón said:

Yeah, literally speaking it’s ‘big egg’ but depending on the context it can mean all sorts of things: mate, dude, bellend, idiot, you name it. Also the greater the elongation of the ‘o’ the greater the degree of mateness / dudeness / bellendery being implied.

Whereabouts were you in Chile? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Whereabouts were you in Chile? 

Lived and studied in Santiago, but was in the country for a full year so got to see most of the best bits. Some of the scenery in the southern part is out of this world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Huevón said:

Lived and studied in Santiago, but was in the country for a full year so got to see most of the best bits. Some of the scenery in the southern part is out of this world.

Nice.

 

My mother is from Antofagasta in the north.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   5 Members, 2 Anonymous, 159 Guests (See full list)

×