You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's the story behind your username?

Ken Robber

4 hours ago, Ken Robber said:

I used to live in Seaforth and as you can imagine the place is chocker with grass graffiti. 

One that always stuck in my memory was when somebody signed on the wall below one of those grim flats in the precinct, but it was in enormous block capitals with bright yellow paint 

"***** IS A POLICE INFORMER." with a giant arrow pointing up towards his window  

It was quickly cleaned up but for some reason they didn't bother getting rid of the arrow. A week later it had been tagged again, but with "HANDBAG ROBBER. KEN ROBBER" 

Handbag robber was already taken

Used to live in Seaforth as well. Proper grim place. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Used to live in Seaforth as well. Proper grim place. 

My mate lives there and one of his neighbours was constantly using power tools in his back yard at all hours. He got sick of it and ended up fronting him. His response when told to stop using a tile grinder at 10PM was "When else am I supposed to do it lad?"

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ken Robber said:

My mate lives there and one of his neighbours was constantly using power tools in his back yard at all hours. He got sick of it and ended up fronting him. His response when told to stop using a tile grinder at 10PM was "When else am I supposed to do it lad?"

Ha. I came home from holiday once and the pub behind my house had been completely burnt down. The whole street got evacuated. 

My mate lived a few roads up and was working nights. Came home at 5am to find his smackhead neighbour dead on his doorstep. 

1 minute ago, Ken Robber said:

Does my fucking head in things like that. 10 at night using a grinder, what a cunt. Same as the icey van pulling up at 8pm when it's dark with his cunt jingle blaring. I haven't got kids yet but if I did and they got woke up I'd end up having murder with him. And probably buy an ice cream because I'm a soft cunt 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Does my fucking head in things like that. 10 at night using a grinder, what a cunt. Same as the icey van pulling up at 8pm when it's dark with his cunt jingle blaring. I haven't got kids yet but if I did and they got woke up I'd end up having murder with him. And probably buy an ice cream because I'm a soft cunt 

Mr Softee?

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Ha. I came home from holiday once and the pub behind my house had been completely burnt down. The whole street got evacuated. 

My mate lived a few roads up and was working nights. Came home at 5am to find his smackhead neighbour dead on his doorstep. 

Was that the Manor House? I lived on Rawson Road at the time (I would have been 12) and got woken up by the dog barking because of all the commotion in the street

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yep. I lived in the cul de sac behind it.

Do you remember the big field by there? Everyone calls it the doggy because its only there for dogs to shit on. 

Every couple of months a body would always be found dumped behind the inty. I think it got so common that even the champion couldn't be arsed reporting on it whenever it happened 

I was called RedRobMol when I joined, eons ago. It was a shit name and so I put it to the GF to help me change it, and liked the sound of this one.

I remember PMing one of the mods to ask for my name to be changed to Bob Spunkmouse, and getting the reply of “er, yeah, I suppose.”

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I was called RedRobMol when I joined, eons ago. It was a shit name and so I put it to the GF to help me change it, and liked the sound of this one.

I remember PMing one of the mods to ask for my name to be changed to Bob Spunkmouse, and getting the reply of “er, yeah, I suppose.”

Hahahahaha 

25 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

Do you remember the big field by there? Everyone calls it the doggy because its only there for dogs to shit on. 

Every couple of months a body would always be found dumped behind the inty. I think it got so common that even the champion couldn't be arsed reporting on it whenever it happened 

It used to be a dog racing track years ago. Think it closed in the seventies. Good to see the tradition being kept up by letting dogs shit everywhere on it. Loads of people seemed to dump their old sofas on it. 

Pity that International pub has been closed for 20 odd years. The building g itself is actually nice. Went the Caradoc a few times and that Gateway hotel. Both were pretty awful but funny. 

The other side of Rawson Road was bad. I can remember walking back from the Doric and looking at the houses on the left and they all looked like some run down US Town that has had it's manufacturing closed down. My mate lived in those high rise flats and we walked through the kids playground which was full of discarded smackhead needles. 

My mate took a 20 grand hit on his house to leave Seaforth. His road was absolutely awful and he was relieved to move. The woman opposite was some single mother in her 40's who used to shag teenage lads in return for storing guns in her kitchen and loft for them. One fella 2 doors down got arrested for raping a woman after helping her into her house with her shopping and the rest of the street would sit out on stools robbed from nearby pubs smoking weed and drinking til all hours.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It used to be a dog racing track years ago. Think it closed in the seventies. Good to see the tradition being kept up by letting dogs shit everywhere on it. Loads of people seemed to dump their old sofas on it. 

Pity that International pub has been closed for 20 odd years. The building g itself is actually nice. Went the Caradoc a few times and that Gateway hotel. Both were pretty awful but funny. 

The other side of Rawson Road was bad. I can remember walking back from the Doric and looking at the houses on the left and they all looked like some run down US Town that has had it's manufacturing closed down. My mate lived in those high rise flats and we walked through the kids playground which was full of discarded smackhead needles. 

My mate took a 20 grand hit on his house to leave Seaforth. His road was absolutely awful and he was relieved to move. The woman opposite was some single mother in her 40's who used to shag teenage lads in return for storing guns in her kitchen and loft for them. One fella 2 doors down got arrested for raping a woman after helping her into her house with her shopping and the rest of the street would sit out on stools robbed from nearby pubs smoking weed and drinking til all hours.

The gateways been done up and reopened in the last few months. Full of ket wigs, obviously 

I remember the first time I found a dirty needle. It was when our year was being walked to star of the sea church in the weeks leading up to our holy communion. Years later the priest would get nicked for being a paedophile 

One of my mates neighbours got paid to hide a stun gun in her house. She threw it away worried she would get caught, so now this scally's extorting her. By extorting, its basically just having to go the shop whenever he wants koka noodles or a chocamel.

• Like 1

Neko is japanese for 'cat', but it was also the name of one of my wife's cats when we started dating 20+ years ago (sigh).

Long story, but he probably saved us from a few dating breakups, as he became quite attached to me. Such a cool cat - I was so looking forward to living with him (and his mum) when we bought our first house. We had a few years of fun, but he got kitty cancer and died quite quickly. I was devastated.

I still measure all cats to his high standard.

He liked his gin and tonics....

bzbbUVy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4