You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's the story behind your username?

Ken Robber

I used to live in Seaforth and as you can imagine the place is chocker with grass graffiti. 

One that always stuck in my memory was when somebody signed on the wall below one of those grim flats in the precinct, but it was in enormous block capitals with bright yellow paint 

"***** IS A POLICE INFORMER." with a giant arrow pointing up towards his window  

It was quickly cleaned up but for some reason they didn't bother getting rid of the arrow. A week later it had been tagged again, but with "HANDBAG ROBBER. KEN ROBBER" 

Handbag robber was already taken

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

I used to live in Seaforth and as you can imagine the place is chocker with grass graffiti. 

One that always stuck in my memory was when somebody signed on the wall below one of those grim flats in the precinct, but it was in enormous block capitals with bright yellow paint 

"***** IS A POLICE INFORMER." with a giant arrow pointing up towards his window  

It was quickly cleaned up but for some reason they didn't bother getting rid of the arrow. A week later it had been tagged again, but with "HANDBAG ROBBER. KEN ROBBER" 

Handbag robber was already taken

Near the place where I used to live was a small row of shops.

One Sunday morning I was taking a stroll there for a paper and the shutters were down on all of them apart from the paper shop. I'll never forget a class bit of graffiti sprayed across those shutters in black paint, 4 foot high...

"****** SUCKS BARRYMORES COCK"

I bet ****** must've been so proud

42 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Near the place where I used to live was a small row of shops.

One Sunday morning I was taking a stroll there for a paper and the shutters were down on all of them apart from the paper shop. I'll never forget a class bit of graffiti sprayed across those shutters in black paint, 4 foot high...

"****** SUCKS BARRYMORES COCK"

I bet ****** must've been so proud

That's something I miss about living in rough areas. I live in Aigburth now and as far as I'm aware it doesn't have any obvious local nutcases. Although somebody's tagged the street sign on Aigburth vale so it now says "Aigcunts"

One of my mates used Remmie as an insult as in the dribblechin serving you at McDonald's being a Remmie no stars. 

When I signed up 20 fucking years ago, I was mildly obsessed by the term. In a previous incarnation I had been known as Fixer of shut up juice, based on a quip from The Rock. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ken Robber said:

That's something I miss about living in rough areas. I live in Aigburth now and as far as I'm aware it doesn't have any obvious local nutcases. Although somebody's tagged the street sign on Aigburth vale so it now says "Aigcunts"

I live in Aigburth and someone had graffitied the sign in Festival Gardens with ‘Mosley Hill snobs’ for some reason. Made me laugh, despite the clear geographical ignorance on display.

Here’s a nice Monday evening tune

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I live in Aigburth and someone had graffitied the sign in Festival Gardens with ‘Mosley Hill snobs’ for some reason. Made me laugh, despite the clear geographical ignorance on display.

Here’s a nice Monday evening tune

Haha! I remember that but it was well before I lived round there 

Didn't it originally say "Mossley Hill posh twats"?